Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new member to the chapter: BJsCOOT2

Welcome to the chapter,BJsCOOT2, cool username

Oh, and sharp truck!

I'm digging those fender flares, anyone know what they are?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, good looking truck, and another Diesel for some of the member's who despise them, lol.

Where in the state are you located.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I'm pretty sure he said Pine Bluff on his chapter application.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the chapter! First Crime Bluff member I believe.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the chapter, I'll agree with the rest of the funny farm...sharp looking truck.
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
...and another Diesel for some of the member's who despise them, lol.
And it's a PSD on top of that...add a couple of more members to that list. Looks like he's got an '01 and one of those 7.3L boat anchors....Rats!

Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 AM
BJsCOOT2
Junior User
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yep. Crime Bluff. But let me make it clear, I live Outside of the city. I can still walk outside and pi$$ off the front porch or jack a round and fire at will. Matter of fact, just watched 5 deer cross my driveway.
I got the truck from Landers in Benton. Had 92,508 on it when I drove it home. Sat in a shop most of its life when no being driven. First 5.5 yrs only 6k was put on it.
Sure I'll have some questions later. Plan on running some homemade brew bio in it next spring.
There is a two prong plug in engine compartment in front of the left battery and is not hooked up to anything, any ideas.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BJsCOOT2
Plan on running some homemade brew bio in it next spring. There is a two prong plug in engine compartment in front of the left battery and is not hooked up to anything, any ideas.
If you do burn B100 through it...make sure you get all the methanol out of the fuel. HUEI injectors don't tolerate solvents too well. As far as the plug...could be several things. Anyway you can get a photo of it and post it here? There are a couple of guys that speak 7.3L allot better than me; so they may have seen something like it before. I'm just the black sheep of the chapter.

By the way, your more than welcome to join us in the monthly chapter BS thread. We keep it G rated and pretty much anything goes as far as topic of discussion.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
There is a two prong plug in engine compartment in front of the left battery and is not hooked up to anything, any ideas.
Pic would definitely help.

Sounds like a possible winch or plow quick disconnect? IDK Just guessing really without much description.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Don't guess you've got a photo of this plug? It's got my curiosity. How heavy (big) are the cables? That would rule out a couple of things if they were only 14-18 gauge wire.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
BJsCOOT2
Junior User
They are probably 18 ga. Been pretty much couped up in the house the last week. Wrenched my shoulder out of whack and haven't felt like doing anything.
It's a Southern truck too so that rules out anything snowplow related.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
They are probably 18 ga. Been pretty much couped up in the house the last week. Wrenched my shoulder out of whack and haven't felt like doing anything.
It's a Southern truck too so that rules out anything snowplow related.
Sucks to hear about your shoulder.

Pretty small gauge, maybe a battery tender? Guess some day you'll have to chase it down.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM
BJsCOOT2
Junior User
Water Pump

Bought the beast Labor day and almost did not buy the extended warranty. Figured it was bullet proof. Well, I am glad I did now, though it was fairly expensive for a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty.
Thought I kept smelling antifreeze. Yesterday, while getting fuel, I looked under the front and it was pretty much a steady stream. Popped the hood this morning, cranked it up and watched the water pump pulley wobble quite a bit.
Took it into the local dealer and they said they would call me mid tomorrow morning. The Motocraft pump alone at O'reillys is $340. Shew!
Also having them check out another "issue". When you come to a full stop, say at a red light, then take off, there is a slight hesitation. Kind of feels like axle wrap. Will see what they come up with.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Bought the beast Labor day and almost did not buy the extended warranty. Figured it was bullet proof. Well, I am glad I did now, though it was fairly expensive for a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty.
Thought I kept smelling antifreeze. Yesterday, while getting fuel, I looked under the front and it was pretty much a steady stream. Popped the hood this morning, cranked it up and watched the water pump pulley wobble quite a bit.
Took it into the local dealer and they said they would call me mid tomorrow morning. The Motocraft pump alone at O'reillys is $340. Shew!
Also having them check out another "issue". When you come to a full stop, say at a red light, then take off, there is a slight hesitation. Kind of feels like axle wrap. Will see what they come up with.
Shopping at the wrong places, but glad the dealer is going to fix it for you.

Riffraff Diesel: OEM Powerstroke Water Pump

A clunk depending on how extreme could just be the slip joint needing greasing, but hopefully they take care of you there too.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM
BJsCOOT2
Junior User
Water Pump

Hey BigAl. Since I got the extended warranty, Ford will take care of it, all but the deductible. And they will use a Motorcraft part.
Rest assured, if ALL the cost was going to be coming out of my pockets, this Redneck would find the smallest $$ amount part possible within reason. Some things you can't skimp on though.
The new Ford pump at O'reillys was $340, and the Mastercraft reman was 99.99, and the new Mastercraft was 149.99.
If I had of been doing it myself, I would have been here on FTE looking first and asking the "Experts". This is my first really "true" diesel7.3(the other was a 6.2 Chevy). I got a lot to learn. Thanks for the reply and info.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
If I had of been doing it myself, I would have been here on FTE looking first and asking the "Experts". This is my first really "true" diesel7.3(the other was a 6.2 Chevy). I got a lot to learn. Thanks for the reply and info.
Clay (RiffRaff) generally is the best deal your going to find on Ford parts. And depending on which sub-forum your in...there is all kinds of information on these trucks. I think it's safe to say if it has happened to a PSD...it has happened to someone here already. And considering the length of time (age) there is a good chance it's happened to several 7.3L owners.

Before a certain 7.3L owner comes in here giving me a load of crap...there is nothing wrong with the 7.3L; it's a good solid engine and a real game changer for it's day. But I'll still take my 6.0L over any of the other blue oval diesels.

Quick Reply: A new member to the chapter: BJsCOOT2