6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

R U THINKING ABOUT DELETING AND IT'S IMPACT, READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
R U THINKING ABOUT DELETING AND IT'S IMPACT, READ THIS

i have owned my truck for 3.5 years now. Did oil changes every 5000 and at one point adopted a radical oil program that had me adjusting the oil every 1000 miles. Still I had oil dilution and wear that I considered abnormal. At 40,000 miles I got tired of the dilution and deleted the DPF. I now have 15,000 miles deleted. attached are the last two oil analysis reports from Blackstone. I rest my case.

Attached Images  
Old 10-18-2012, 05:17 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a V10 owner and I'm encouraged about this report.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it is one of the few mods that will add value to these trucks, there are going to be a lot of mad people just out of he 5/100K mile warranty with issues from dilution over the next few years.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
A 6.4 is almost unbearable stock, unless you drive all highway.
Tuner all the way haha!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing holding me back is the warranty issue. I have been swaying back and forth for a year and a half now. I'm leaning a little more after reading this. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by gwcon
The only thing holding me back is the warranty issue. I have been swaying back and forth for a year and a half now. I'm leaning a little more after reading this. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, it's a tough call but I made it thinking what's the benefit of preserving the warranty on a truck that's gonna have major internal damage soon after the warranty expires. It was also a tough call to not return to stock and buy the Ford ESP. But now it's past those times and I'm rolling status quo. Except I'm thinking I might upgrade to one of those pretty all color tuners and maybe something for the EGR.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 AM
aquaman
Posting Guru
WOW.... this is encouraging. Have you ever tried returning to stock since deleting? I'm wondering if sticking/clogged EGR valves due to them being disabled is really a problem

Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by aquaman
WOW.... this is encouraging. Have you ever tried returning to stock since deleting? I'm wondering if sticking/clogged EGR valves due to them being disabled is really a problem
My EGR is still working. My Edge tuner doesn't do anything to the EGR. The H&S shuts the EGR down, probably Spartan also. if I wanted to block mine off I'd need a different tuner to keep from throwing a code. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Bullit Proof EGR to replace the horizontal. That's the one that has problems I think. My thinking there is that someday I'm gonna have to trade or sell this truck and I will want to at least be able to return it to stock.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:10 AM
bigjr2
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just installed my tuner last night went for a little drive and holly crap did it make a difference Im still waiting on my exhaust stuff to get here so dpf still in man can't wait to try it then

Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 AM
pugster
Senior User
I'm ready to 'delete' and have been out of warranty almost 2 years now.

If I could ever get a straight "what you have to do" I might just move forward with it. Seems to be competing theories on what to remove/replace. I don't like experimenting.

I've seen options as simple as a "test pipe" or "racing pipe" that replaces the DPF & a chip. I've seen folks to say you have to replace the muffler system, egr system and a chip. I'm not made of money & I'm mainly frustrated by the lack of clarity on what to do.

I welcome any pearls of wisdom or suggestions.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:57 AM
bigjr2
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if I'm an expert LOL but dpf cat delete and a tuner around 1000 bucks and your on you way to freedom

Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by pugster
I'm ready to 'delete' and have been out of warranty almost 2 years now.

If I could ever get a straight "what you have to do" I might just move forward with it. Seems to be competing theories on what to remove/replace. I don't like experimenting.

I've seen options as simple as a "test pipe" or "racing pipe" that replaces the DPF & a chip. I've seen folks to say you have to replace the muffler system, egr system and a chip. I'm not made of money & I'm mainly frustrated by the lack of clarity on what to do.

I welcome any pearls of wisdom or suggestions.
OK, if you just want to "delete" the DPF, you just need the DPF / DOC delete pipe, and tuner.
You should also be able to run some pretty hot tunes.

If you want to race, or get every last HP out of the engine, you'll want a full exhaust kit, air intake etc.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
yep, just a tuner and a pipe. I'll make it easy for you. Go on ebay, motors/parts and accessories/ford/DPF delete. You will then have a bunch of ads telling you what you need and what it cost. Or you can look around like I did for a used tuner. They are out there, you just need to look. If you find one just make sure it has a DPF delete function, then go and order the pipe. I promise you that when you start the truck for the first time without the DPF on there you will have a "Holy chit" moment.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Spartan/Minimax/SCT and a DOC/DPF delete pipe. Done. Any tuning over 200hp will require a cold air intake.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
REDNATION08
New User
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
yep, just a tuner and a pipe. I'll make it easy for you. Go on ebay, motors/parts and accessories/ford/DPF delete. You will then have a bunch of ads telling you what you need and what it cost. Or you can look around like I did for a used tuner. They are out there, you just need to look. If you find one just make sure it has a DPF delete function, then go and order the pipe. I promise you that when you start the truck for the first time without the DPF on there you will have a "Holy chit" moment.
DO YOU KNOW OF ANY POSSIBLE SHOPS AROUND COLORADO IM TIRED OF THE POWER LOSS AND THE 10MPG
BOUGHT MY 08 F350 NEW IN AUG 07 AND SHES AT 120000+ NOW AND NEEDS SOME UPGRADES ANDY INFO WOULD BE GREAT

Quick Reply: R U THINKING ABOUT DELETING AND IT'S IMPACT, READ THIS