Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker
Radio antenna connection

More fun with my highly molested 06 XL. My truck has had high end electronics installed prior, was repossessed & sold at auction in Fla. making it's way to a dealer in NC where I bought it.

The radio had no AM and weak FM reception. I opened the dash up to find the antenna cable with a piece of wire taped to the end of it. OK, I pulled the radio (07 factory base line) to see the other end of the wire taped to the back of the radio.

Oh I see what the problem is, I sez to myself, someone snatched the antenna and pulled the cable out so I go pulling on the stump with needle nose pliers, Uh not budging. I look closer and start internet searching to find myself more confused.

The orange antenna cable appears to be what I have seen for 50 years, with a Motorola male end, (which does not plug into the Ford radio).

I found this online Antenna Adapter Works with select 2002-up vehicles (OEM male to Motorola antenna female) at Crutchfield.com

Will this make my radio work properly?

John
Old 10-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Freshman User

carey965 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My stock radio worked with that same plug

I would spend the money on a new aftermarket. You can get a decent bluetooth deck for a hundred bucks
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
I would go to the dealer and buy the antenna base and wire. It runs about $20 and then you know its the right wire because its OEM. The install is fairly easy, you just need to loosen the fender near the door and feed the wire through the firewall
Old 10-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
The cable is on the way from Crutchfield.

John
Old 10-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Post Fiend

The antenna connector came today, got it installed, FM is a lot better but still no AM. Any ideas?

I responded to a Craigslist ad for a 05 radio/cd player for $25.00. If it works with a test fit, I will buy it.

John
Old 10-22-2012, 05:45 PM