1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Builder with questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:17 AM
6Skullz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Builder with questions

I'm new to fte and I need to be set straight on a few things. I am here strictly for the classic forums. I just got my 2nd classic ford, a 49 f-3. When I tried to create an album of the cars I have saved from the grave it only gave me an option for fords... which is fine but maybe I did something wrong and just didn't do it right. My 1st ford build was a 48 f-1 which I simply reassembled and gave life. Now if we can't put pictures of anything but fords in our albums thats fine I can stick with the one I have now and not show my other babies. I hate to think with the other sites I am a member of allowing me to show all, that this site is straight ford only...not even a picture of a different make. I loved my f-1 and have great plans for the f-3 but I am a true classics lover and although I would only talk of my f-3 here I would like to know if I am in the right place... I know this sounds judgemental but if this is restricted airspace I don't want to fly the wrong make through unfriendly skies. Thanks and I hope to learn from the vets and share with privates as it's a battle to save American steel no matter what the "make" is.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, about that. Don't tell anybody but I have a few non-Ford pictures in my albums and the picture police haven't arrrested me yet. I may be wrong but I don't think the intent is to not have pictures of ANY make other than Ford as much as it is to not have albums committed entirely to another make...

Welcome to the forum! What plans do you have for your F-3?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
You can always link to an external site (like Photobucket) in your signature, where you have pics of whatevere you like

Old 10-17-2012, 08:50 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has been like this from the beginning, It's a Ford Truck site and we are supposed to stay with the rules.
I you do post pictures of other brands and get called out on it don't get your nickers in a knot.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 AM
6Skullz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can handle that. Just used to talking about several different vehicles. I came here to read and learn about Fords so Fords it will be. Didn't want to get shot down...Thanks for the info

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
don't get your nickers in a knot.
Is that what happens when a horse talks into tied up reins?

Now don't get your knickers in a not!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html

Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Great help...

Old 10-20-2012, 03:22 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the site, I realy hope your comfortable enough with the forum to stick around. FTE kind of says it all. Ford Truck Enthusists , Were here to talk about, get information,and help with our, your Fords. in my opinion having a pic of your other builds that your proud of in your album is fine, heck alot of guys have SBCs in there fords. That said you should also know that the message board is for talking about Fords, I realy hope you share your build with us and let us help you if you need it.This is a very friendly place.