Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Freshman User

cjag1973 is starting off with a positive reputation.
running boards for ford

What type of running boards/stainless steel tube, does ford use for the trucks, or are they all aftermarket? and dealer provided, if so what are the best for ford or does it matter, its just a preference?

looking at getting some for my son, he needs a ladder.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjag1973 View Post
What type of running boards/stainless steel tube, does ford use for the trucks, or are they all aftermarket? and dealer provided, if so what are the best for ford or does it matter, its just a preference?

looking at getting some for my son, he needs a ladder.
Westin is an excellent aftermarket mfg and does a lot of design & limited production work for the oems.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Postmaster

BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
My truck came with aftermarket round tube steps (cab length). I replaced them with factory platform running boards because the round chrome was slippery for my kids. Also, the tubes don't keep road debris from hitting the side of the truck, which can lead to rust.

I sold my tube steps on craigslist and then bought the factory running boards on craigslist for no net cost. As a bonus, the factory ones I got are from on Excursion, so they have the courtesy lights on them.

2000 F250 V10 5-SPD 4X4 Crew w/ 5-Star SCT X3
1949 F1 - (WORK IN PROGRESS THREAD)

Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Freshman User

cjag1973 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Westin is an excellent aftermarket mfg and does a lot of design & limited production work for the oems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy View Post
My truck came with aftermarket round tube steps (cab length). I replaced them with factory platform running boards because the round chrome was slippery for my kids. Also, the tubes don't keep road debris from hitting the side of the truck, which can lead to rust.

I sold my tube steps on craigslist and then bought the factory running boards on craigslist for no net cost. As a bonus, the factory ones I got are from on Excursion, so they have the courtesy lights on them.

thanks guys.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty