1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Seriously torn right now....

Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
JohnDeereFarmerUSMC
Tuned
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts
just got off the phone with jim, and he pretty much has me set on the 160/100's as welll, although that setup to him is a stage 2 and will run me about 1400$ to have mine built (or he said he can use one of there sets and have them sitting there ready to be picked up when i come up which is the route ill go), what do you guys think about that pricing?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDeereFarmerUSMC
just got off the phone with jim, and he pretty much has me set on the 160/100's as welll, although that setup to him is a stage 2 and will run me about 1400$ to have mine built (or he said he can use one of there sets and have them sitting there ready to be picked up when i come up which is the route ill go), what do you guys think about that pricing?
Honestly, Jim's prices are incredibly fair for what he does.

He is one of the few guys that offers budget builds as well.

He will spend the time to help you if you have questions, and he will spend the time to make sure all the injectors are what they need to be.

Your gonna have a lot of fun with 160/100's.

I'm going to send him mine here sometime next year for an overhaul and 100 nozzles.
I don't wanna touch my truck though, i'm seeing 20-25mpg on good fuel, which is absolute insanity.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Reman 7.3 Injectors

Casserly is listing the same injectors for 1650.

I trust Casserly because Clay does, and because Jim has said very very good things about him.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM
JohnDeereFarmerUSMC
Tuned
I think thats the route im going to go, my wallet just keeps getting shallower and shallower hahahah. After november i SWEAR im not doing anything to this truck again! I hope :P

edit- and just for re-assurance my stock turbo, and hpop should hold up ok with the stage 2's? im not looking to maximize the hp here just need a solid running daily driver that i can have a little fun with, the next rig is gonna go to the next level, just dont know if i want to do gas or diesel yet lol!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think thats the route im going to go, my wallet just keeps getting shallower and shallower hahahah. After november i SWEAR im not doing anything to this truck again! I hope :P
Good luck with that. Without a bigger turbo you're kinda only half getting what you really could be with those injectors, me thinks. Got an exhaust yet? It goes on and on and on...

Excellent price with those 100 nozzles.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
I remember myself saying, after all these other guys started off about making my truck fast, that all I wanted was it to be reliable so I'd simply leave it as is, stock. Then I got a chip and now I'm a total addict.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Talyn
Hotshot

edit- and just for re-assurance my stock turbo, and hpop should hold up ok with the stage 2's? im not looking to maximize the hp here just need a solid running daily driver that i can have a little fun with, the next rig is gonna go to the next level, just dont know if i want to do gas or diesel yet lol!
You'll be alright with 160/100's and a stock SD turbo.

You might see some surge really getting into the throttle, but I dont think your build a drag racer, so you'll be alright.

Consider investing in a van turbo. Lots of threads here on it, and you'll really be able to make some ponies then.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring
Good luck with that. Without a bigger turbo you're kinda only half getting what you really could be with those injectors, me thinks. Got an exhaust yet? It goes on and on and on...

Excellent price with those 100 nozzles.

Once again another completely ignorant post. Will a bigger turbo than stock help? Yes. Will the stocker work with these injectors? Yes. You'll have instant boost with the stocker and will be incredibly happy. Of course at the end of the day a bigger turbo will be happier than the stock one, but as long as you understand this, the stock one will work great for you.

TCR you should really keep your mouth shut. BTW i'm still waiting for your list of tools that it takes to pull the valve covers and your pic proving you have done so....

Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
As for my injector advice, which is what the thread is about afterall right?

I know 2 people with rosewood injectors. One got the 160/100% other has 160/stock. Both havent had any problems with them and both run great. At that price I would say go for it. Especially if he is right down the road from you.

If you dont have the money for a 38R, the Van turbo is a great upgrade. Low back pressure and decent spool up. With the stock turbo your issue is going to be back pressure which will eventually kill your turbo if you run it at extended periods of time with high boost. Then again if you arent building a racer, and arent planning on towing huge weight up serious grades all the time, then you will be perfectly fine.

One last question...do you have gauges? they arent in your Sig, and if you are going to upgrade injectors I would definitely make sure you have at least an EGT gauge as EGT's can skyrocket with newer ones.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2000ca250
Once again another completely ignorant post. Will a bigger turbo than stock help? Yes. Will the stocker work with these injectors? Yes. You'll have instant boost with the stocker and will be incredibly happy. Of course at the end of the day a bigger turbo will be happier than the stock one, but as long as you understand this, the stock one will work great for you.

TCR you should really keep your mouth shut. BTW i'm still waiting for your list of tools that it takes to pull the valve covers and your pic proving you have done so....
Of all the people on this site, on this thread, you're getting on my last nerve with your simpleton attacks. I have a right to my opinion, don't speak things haven't learned about or studied and again, it's simply my opinion backed by fact. If I really wanted to get into this and rehash all of the crap from last night I would but since I don't I have taken personal measures to apologize to those worth apologizing to, that's not yourself, this is going to be it. I tried my best to simply ignore your idiotic attacks yet you're keeping on so you want me to keep my mouth shut you come down to me and try closing it, feel free. That's my list of tools as well as my last response to you ever. I only regret sending you reps on Tugly's behalf as you're a complete nincompoop.

My apologies to everyone for having to read all that.

Goodbye.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
Haha. Sorry kid, I may not have multiple years under my belt, and multiple engines, but I know better than to repeat **** from the internet. I may not have Joe's personal experience, but I dont need that to know that you simply have no experience and are the definition of a troll. How about you go bust your knuckles a bit, work on your own truck, and come talk to me once you've gained some real world experience. Until then, how about you stay out of technical threads.

As for the reps, whoop-di-freaking-do. If you think little green dots online mean more to me than giving accurate information to people, then thats absolutely wonderful. Congrats for you. Oh and kindergarten called, they want their name calling and defensive techniques back.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
Oh,

and to anyone doubting whether or not Texas really knows what hes talking about...take a look at his profile. He drives an f150.

Btw to settle this, to pull Valve covers you need a 13mm Deep Socket, a 10mm deep socket, assorted extensions, a swivel, and a 7/16th's socket to remove the intercooler pipes.

You're Welcome Texas

Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
JohnDeereFarmerUSMC
Tuned
ok after sorting through the b/s, right now i have a 3" down pipe feeding a full 4" open exhaust (have the 4" downpipe going on with the bellowed up pipes when i swap motors). Yes i have trans/egt/and boost gauges, will be adding fuel pressure, and possibly oil pressure with the swap as well (trying to figure out where to put them....where do you guys locate your fuel/oil pressure gauges?)

As for turbo, i have the e99 compressor wheel on right now as that was cheaper than the housing to ease up on surge, however a turbo might be in store for this spring, depending on how much i dump into it here. My turbo is freshly rebuilt literally 0 miles on it with the new wheel so im planning on it holding up, and ill make sure to monitor the oil pressure closely with the new motor and sticks to make sure my hpop is strong enough.

I just need to get this thing running strong so it can go into the body shop this summer and get a nice new shiny paint job, and get the frame cleaned up so it can be maintained properly.....gotta love trucks on the east coast fml

Also quick question--- for those that painted there IC pipes and the spider, did you just clean them up, rough them up a bit, clean them with some paint thinner, and prime and paint?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of all the people on this site, on this thread, you're getting on my last nerve with your simpleton attacks. I have a right to my opinion, don't speak things haven't learned about or studied and again, it's simply my opinion backed by fact. If I really wanted to get into this and rehash all of the crap from last night I would but since I don't I have taken personal measures to apologize to those worth apologizing to, that's not yourself, this is going to be it. I tried my best to simply ignore your idiotic attacks yet you're keeping on so you want me to keep my mouth shut you come down to me and try closing it, feel free. That's my list of tools as well as my last response to you ever. I only regret sending you reps on Tugly's behalf as you're a complete nincompoop.

Goodbye.
I'm hurt... I didnt get a PM...

No... wait, you still think your right.

I hope you take the time to read a bit, everywhere. I'm sure you are a very nice person, your just not coming across as a very bright one.

Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Talyn
Hotshot

Goodbye.
Are you still talking?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seriously torn right now....