Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
Stupid motorcycle..

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Postmaster

Furyus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputation
I hope you have some burn cream to put on that...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
Been using A & D. This is now about one week old, barely healing.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Did you have it checked out by a doctor??

If you didn't I would immediately..

That doesn't look good
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
What were you wearing when that happened? Also, what is A & D?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Post Fiend

jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.
I hope you're keeping it clean, creamed and covered (bandaged), or it will likely get infected. I'd go to a doc, though.

Jason

Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
A&D Ointment is a cream that good for minor skin irritations, burns, diaper rash and such. The picture above in my opinion does not qualify as a minor burn. The skin is all gone from the burn. You need an antibiotic cream along with a bandage, as well as a doctors visit. The infection you have if left untreated could cost you part of your leg. A doctors visit is cheap insurance against possibly more severe damage.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Posting Guru

I was wearing shorts.

A & D is like Neosporin, same thing. Good for cuts and minor burns although this one isn't so minor.

No doctor. It looks like in the pic about an hour after it's washed and I apply ointment to it. Then it begins to show that yellowy puss looking stuff and drips. Once it's dry it looks like a regular scab, not all *****. Hurts like hell all day though!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
I bet you never get on a bike wearing just shorts again eh. I always cringe when I see people on bikes wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Really can't believe that they do that actually. Sure it probably feels really good, just like riding with no helmet is probably really refreshing having the air blow through your hair, if you have any left, but really proper protective clothing is a must on bike. This is one of the reasons.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring View Post
I was wearing shorts.

A & D is like Neosporin, same thing. Good for cuts and minor burns although this one isn't so minor.

No doctor. It looks like in the pic about an hour after it's washed and I apply ointment to it. Then it begins to show that yellowy puss looking stuff and drips. Once it's dry it looks like a regular scab, not all *****. Hurts like hell all day though!
That's an infection you have in there. It will likely clear itself up, but, I would choose to be safe rather than sorry. Go to your doctor and see what he says. They likely have some stuff better than what you are using too.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn View Post
That's an infection you have in there. It will likely clear itself up, but, I would choose to be safe rather than sorry. Go to your doctor and see what he says. They likely have some stuff better than what you are using too.
They do has something better.. I was given silvadene cream when I accidently put my arm in front of acetylene torch years ago..

Silvadene Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

This is what it helps..

Quote:
INDICATIONS AND USAGE

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) is a topical antimicrobial drug indicated as an adjunct for the prevention and treatment of wound sepsis in patients with second- and third-degree burns.
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Postmaster

Furyus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputation
That wound has abscessed and is going to be a major bugger to self-treat.

I did that with a cigarette burn back in my younger and dumber days - took forever for it to heal and the scar it left behind is still quite plainly visible (I've had people ask me if I'd been shot )

I would go see a doctor...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerstud98 View Post
I bet you never get on a bike wearing just shorts again eh. I always cringe when I see people on bikes wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Really can't believe that they do that actually. Sure it probably feels really good, just like riding with no helmet is probably really refreshing having the air blow through your hair, if you have any left, but really proper protective clothing is a must on bike. This is one of the reasons.
I have no plans of getting on a bike again period!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Posting Guru

monckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I have no plans of getting on a bike again period!
Motorcycles ruthlessly punish unwise choices, riding naked among them.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
oh the joys of 2 wheelin! it was usually the hot chicks i took for rides on the back that would get off and burn their sexy legs.
7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. BOSS Audio BV9364B, HDE E336 Backup Camera, E-PRANCE 4.3" Car Vehicle Rearview Mirror Monitor.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM