Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

October chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, it's official...six Friday's in a row it has rained at my house...and that's after going pretty much all summer without rain. I'm not complaining...not in one bit. Send more!!!
Originally Posted by cookie88
Better safe than sorry.
Exactly! Bad enough I had to take the truck down several miles of muddy roads last week for that wedding...there is mud in places on that truck that a 2WD should never have any. Need to get the truck to one of those car washes that hoses down the underside; maybe make 3-4 passes through so I'm sure all that delta mud is off there.
Originally Posted by tojoski
hey zombies need love too
If you've seen the Woody Harrelson movie "Zombieland"....that's the kind of love they need Not PG or PG-13 rated if you ask me...but still pretty entertaining.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:13 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Something else I've learned...late in the evening Thursday night my mother's van (Venture) dies in our driveway here at the house. Thinking she had a weak battery, used van so there's no telling how old/long that batter has been in there. I went to jump the van with the Princess....1500 CCA should be enough for a 3.5L V6 right? As soon as I hook the last lead up the truck's lights dim and the lead acted like I had just put the positive and ground leads together. Quickly I removed the neg on the truck before things got too exciting. Rechecking everything I try one more time to hook them up....same thing. The little gears in my brain are saying dead short in the van. So last night night when I got in from work I started pulling stuff away from the van's battery (they're buried under the fuse box and about a dozen other things) to confirm that there isn't something shorting the battery out. Everything looks good, so I put my DVM on the batter...it's showing -10V at the side post. Switched the meter to connectivity...and I peg the meter. So I'm thinking the battery has a broken plate internally. Take it to the local "Mom & Pop" parts store...showing the guy at the counter why I think this battery (turns out to be a WalMart from 7/10...no receipt for the warranty ) is done. He's comment was "all batteries have connectivity"...which I agree to some degree they do. But when we did the same test on the new battery it doesn't peg the meter out like the old one did.

Some of the strange little flukes of the van suddenly went away after installing the battery...so I'm not sure if this little issue has been building over time or if the old terminals weren't making good contact. What matters is (A) Granny's van is up and going again and (B) there aren't any BowTies sitting in my driveway.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well, this week isn't ending too well. Bought a used car a few weeks ago to try and keep a few miles off of my 53, well the wife has been driving it because her son has her car. Water pump went out yesterday and well..... you can imagine what condition it was in when I got there. It's toast Anybody have a line on a used engine for an 01 PT Cruizer? Yeah I know, not what is supposed to be sitting in my yard, but it was cheap
Guess I'll just shove it to the side and get back into my walk-in closet project for the wife Yep, I'm playing carpenter again, beginning to look like I might remodel this house in Mt. Holly instead of turning it into my woodworking shop But that is going to have to wait it turn, the camp on the 'Bay is going to get a lot more done first, I plan on it being liveable by spring and probably spending the summer there next year

Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Anybody have a line on a used engine for an 01 PT Cruizer? Yeah I know, not what is supposed to be sitting in my yard, but it was cheap
You do what you have to do for family. Is in one of those Turbo'd versions?

This one appears to be a parts car...

2002 PT cruiser

Not that I know anything about parts cars. Speaking of engines...anyone looking for/need a 4.6L SOHC of mid-'90s vintage? Trying to wrap up some projects that were on hold while working out of town for 4 years. The engine was running fine when the car was wrecked...and was able to drive it onto/off the trailer when I brought it home.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow! Thanks for posting that Zack, just wish I had $800 bucks at the moment

Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Think I've got the last of that delta mud off the truck. Add to the fact the kill board (bumper & grill) was overloaded with victims...the truck looks allot better. Time to reapply the RainX since yesterday the rain wasn't beading off in that Oklahoma monsoon like I prefer.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Wow! Thanks for posting that Zack, just wish I had $800 bucks at the moment
You've got checks and at least one credit card right?

In all seriousness, if you do get it I can't speak for Allen...but I'm sure we could work out a reasonable method to get it to you that would keep you from coming all the way up to NWA. Even if a PSD ends up delivering it to the swamp.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Will P.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Anyone heard anything out of Alan, Will or James lately? Guess it's time to fire off a PM to see if they're still alive.
I'm still around but have just been too busy to get online much. I've been at work a lot and on my off days I have been moving stuff from my old place to storage at my mom's house.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Will P.
I'm still around but have just been too busy to get online much. I've been at work a lot and on my off days I have been moving stuff from my old place to storage at my mom's house.
Good to see you're still kicking.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Originally Posted by cookie88
Good to see you're still kicking.

It is good to still be! I'm getting off shift work Oct 29th! It will be nice to be home by 6 pm every day and get a three day weekend every week and get all my holidays back. I'll be on here a little more then so watch out.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It is good to still be! I'm getting off shift work Oct 29th! It will be nice to be home by 6 pm every day and get a three day weekend every week and get all my holidays back. I'll be on here a little more then so watch out.
That does sound nice.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD

Also depressed, my 4R100 bit the dust, and I have an appointment with Brian at BTS but the build date is December 4th...

Even though the wallet will be 5 grand lighter, I'm looking forward to my trans though. Even if when I get it back I only have 2 weeks or so before the world ends...

Thanks for thinking about me though
Since BTS is so well known to the FTE crowd, I always thought it would be cool to get them involved in the chapter, maybe even sponsor some sort of event like Riffraff puts on..

Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Highlight of yesterday...watching an Eagle flying over downtown Ft. Smith. I know we have 'em in Arkansas, just never had seen one around FSM.

Highlight of today so far, waking the boss up at 0630 on a Saturday. Yes, I have a twisted sense of humor...but this was their plan, not mine.
It will be nice to be home by 6 pm every day and get a three day weekend every week and get all my holidays back.
I had one of those work four, off for three type of jobs once. I just didn't have good hours like that. My deal was go in at 1630 and usually were done about 0400 (drove a truck to KC & back)...the wife enjoyed the pay & benefits but didn't like the hours. I enjoyed having every Friday, Saturday & Sunday off...but we all know, if momma ain't happy...no one is going to be happy.

Just good to see both of you guys are still around Will & Allen.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Will P.
Senior User
Currently my month is 4 nights 2 off, 3 days 1 off, 3 nights 2 off, 4 days 7 off. Then it all starts over again. You work your days no matter what. Holidays just means more pay but you still gotta work. Vacation is good but 12 hours at a time makes it go fast. 4 tens with the same pay is much better!!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
The downside of marriage to the Facility Administrator, when the company says they have to do a "fun day"...you, as the spouse will be there doing all the dirty deeds. Yeah there are some fringe benefits...but going to redneck-ville Oklahoma isn't exactly on my list of things I really want to do today.
Currently my month is 4 nights 2 off, 3 days 1 off, 3 nights 2 off, 4 days 7 off. Then it all starts over again. You work your days no matter what.
And I thought my old schedule in Carthage was rough working that 6 & 2...six days on-call and two off. Just like yours, if a holiday fell anywhere in that six days on your were subject to call. Some holidays it was a given that you were going to work...I caught 4th of July, Labor Day and New Years Eve last year. But others it was almost unheard of for anyone to be out (Christmas). Don't get me wrong, we were well compensated for our time away...but money doesn't buy everything.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Anyone heard anything out of Alan, Will or James lately? Guess it's time to fire off a PM to see if they're still alive.
I no get PM. Box be full. Im alive & kicking. Cut back on the computer time. Between getting 4 new lawn mowers (goats) & getting them set up, honey do stuff, work & random stuff, I had to shave time somewhere. Need to get back on here but I could read for hours & not get anything done.

That new calender, so I can slow down on buying .45 ammo?

Had to replace glow plugs this weekend. Cant find motorcraft plugs on Saturday evenings so I will be changing them again SOON. Pretty much made my mind up Im going to pull the dump bed off my 1ton & use that rear 1/2 of a 1ton frame to build a flat/dump trailer. Just got to get it stripped down for spare parts & get that 1/2 of a 1.5ton military trailer from a friend. I want it for the axle & suspension. Be able to run 22.5s on it

I could keep going but dinner is ready & I gotta get ready for work. Later fellas.

Quick Reply: October chat