Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
October All Topic

81 days remaining until the end of the world
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Subscribed.

To the BS thread for the best month of the year.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Elder User

OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.
damn! where the days going in such a hurry! yesterday seemed like Sept 1st! also im not liking these days getting shorter and shorter at all.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
best month of the year.
Without a doubt. The list of October's gifts is long and distinguished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat View Post
im not liking these days getting shorter and shorter at all.
Me either, but at least it cools off a little sooner.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Elder User

OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.
well she aint the '48 - 50' ford pickup that i would ideally want but the price may be right and its kinda quirky and different.

69' dodge power wagon
383 V8
4spd Manuel
divorced NP205 transfer case
Dana 60 out back and Dana 44 closed knuckle up front.

boss owns it now. it runs with some gas and a battery, ive driven it up and down his alley a few times. i think he wants 1500 bux for it. front drive shaft slip yoke needs replacing and one rust hole in the left front cab floor which i have sourced a patch panel for if i get the truck, and it needs a windshield.

i dunno im tempted, if i do get a hold of it i most likely be saving it from getting the drive train stripped out of it and the rest sent to the scrap yards.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Elder User

DieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to all
Happy October.

Any of you guys ever done gold panning/prospecting. A buddy and I are planning on heading up Azusa Canyon East Fork in a couple weeks. He has a couple pans and I was thinking about buying a small sluice, just wondering if anyone has done it and has any tips.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat View Post
i dunno im tempted, if i do get a hold of it i most likely be saving it from getting the drive train stripped out of it and the rest sent to the scrap yards.
Friends don't let friends buy Dodges But if you must, that one looks like a decent deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselHardware View Post
Happy October.

Any of you guys ever done gold panning/prospecting. A buddy and I are planning on heading up Azusa Canyon East Fork in a couple weeks. He has a couple pans and I was thinking about buying a small sluice, just wondering if anyone has done it and has any tips.
I wouldn't buy a sluice, you can build one pretty easily. I'll even help you build it...for a mere 50% of the take
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
Friends don't let friends buy Dodges But if you must, that one looks like a decent deal.

really the only reason im interested in it cause its 4x4 and its more less in good running order. usually trucks from that era are hammered, much less being 4x4 and hammered worse...
Old 10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Had an interview in Van Nuys this morning with a sketchy ambulance company (although, in LA most are). I got the job as long as their insurance says they will cover me. I have another interview tomorrow morning with a MUCH better company; one of the top ones in the LA area. Hopefully I'll get that one, but I will take either.

I cant speak for the other company, but with the one I saw today I would me making more in a week than I do in 2 weeks at my current job, plus it gets me into my career field and out of a dead end job.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Just missed this adventure this AM on my way to LAX. My colleagues on the same flight said they saw the helo chase and the trail of 10 CHP.

Freeway pursuit suspect hides in Van Nuys storm drain, is arrested - latimes.com

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"The dog barked and he decided to come out"
Probably a good idea
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
Probably a good idea
But not nearly as entertaining. And entertainment value is of utmost import.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
I saw an episode of cops once where this guy ran and was fighting until the K9 (who was still on his leash) came out the dude froze staring at the dog and he looked like a 5 year old whos ice cream just fell off the cone. The officers yelled and yelled for him to get on the ground but he was frozen haha quite intimidating those K9s. I had an off duty K9 follow me a few weeks ago, David was there. Cant say I wasnt a tad nervous I was going to lose a limb
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
<--Miss You Big Fella

bryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to behold
Happy October fellas.

Can I ask a quick technical question without interrupting the flow of this thread? Cool, thanks.
I'm driving my wife's sons super duty until mine comes in. A 6.0
Is it common for these things to crank for 3-5 seconds before starting? This one does...
Old 10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

I dunno what the big deal is, really...it's just a dog

Click the image to open in full size.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter