Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Senior User

FossenRacing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Building a bad a$$ 6.0l

Have a 2003 f350 with egr delete, powermax turbo,updated oil cooler, blue spring, 6.4l banjo bolts, a early 100hp edge juice chip, slightly home ported exhaust manifolds, Arp studs and headgaskets, afe exhaust, has new to the truck injector also.

Truck runs alright, can take just about anybody in town. including the new 6.7l's
But i know my trucks got more. since the egr delete the truck has run with the egr fault underlying code(No MIL) the chip is a early gen and doesnt fix it.
I have no gauges which is stupid i know
and my spool time is terrible.

Have been looking at the banks big hoss bundle with the banks IQ
also a airdogII that replaces factory pump
and the ported intake manifold. Have shop in town that can possibly replicate it also.
I have no desire for custom tunes so bigger injectors are out.

If the trany cant handle it i will be buying a upgraded one with a banks torque converter.

any other mods i could do or is the banks hoss kit overrated?

1979 F-250 390-4v,6" lift(homemade),37 boggers,---(SOLD)
1992 F-150 Flareside 351 , 33 cooper radial sst
2003 F-350 King Ranch, Lovely 6.0l
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Elder User

Fulthrotl has a very good reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a very good reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a very good reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FossenRacing View Post
Have a 2003 f350 with egr delete, powermax turbo,updated oil cooler, blue spring, 6.4l banjo bolts, a early 100hp edge juice chip, slightly home ported exhaust manifolds, Arp studs and headgaskets, afe exhaust, has new to the truck injector also.

Truck runs alright, can take just about anybody in town. including the new 6.7l's
But i know my trucks got more. since the egr delete the truck has run with the egr fault underlying code(No MIL) the chip is a early gen and doesnt fix it.
I have no gauges which is stupid i know
and my spool time is terrible.

Have been looking at the banks big hoss bundle with the banks IQ
also a airdogII that replaces factory pump
and the ported intake manifold. Have shop in town that can possibly replicate it also.
I have no desire for custom tunes so bigger injectors are out.

If the trany cant handle it i will be buying a upgraded one with a banks torque converter.

any other mods i could do or is the banks hoss kit overrated?
i pulled the banks IQ off mine.

i wouldn't recommend it, but if you are hell bent on an IQ,
i can make you a great deal on the one sitting in my garage.

most folks on here will suggest you run matt from gearheads
tunes.

i'd pass on the hoss kit.
Apollo 13 home.... just sayin'.....
Old 09-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
+1. Custom tunes are much better for the engine and the performance. Why rule them out? I know you have heard this, but ......... You aren't doing your tranny any favors with the Edge juice. Sounds like you are hammering it quite a bit also.

The PowerMax is a bit "laggy" without custom tunes, but then you know that now based on your post!

I do think gauges are a requirement if/when you mod the truck. Who knows what fuel pressure you are getting w/ the extra power.

As said above, you don't need all the air intake mods of the big hoss bundle.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
I agree with Bismic, you need custom tunes. The Edge juice is not all that much power and the trans will suffer from it if you keep running with your current set up.

The stock air filter will handle 500HP so you could add a Spearco intercooler. Banks is no good for the 6.0L, only a name. You are on the right track replacing the stock fuel pump.

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Elder User

berick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had an Edge Juice with Attitude and I can tell you first hand that if you want more power, better throttle response and quicker/safer tranny shifts.... Go with the custom tunes from Gearheads. I had both so I'm not blowing smoke up anyones a$$. Myself, Matts SRL tune was fun but a lot more than what I needed. If you have headstuds and want a hotrod diesel than get their programmer with the SRL+ tune..… if you don't have studs, the regular SRL tune will still put a grin on your face and you won't be throwing away a tranny right away!
'05' F350 Harley Crewcab, FS-2500 Oil Filtration System, AFE Cold Air Intake, MBRP Dual 4" Exhaust, Herd Front Bumper, Dual 10" Liteforce "Blitz" Lights, Espar Diesel Pre-Heater, Smoked Recon Led Lights, Blue-spring Upgrade, HFCM Upgraded Plug, Diamondback Rear Deck, Bilstein Leveling Kit, Bilstein Dual Stabilizer Kit, Edge Insight CTS, Strictly Diesel Fuel Pressure Adapter, Icon Adj. Pan Rod, Harpooned, Britebox, Fumoto Valves - Block, Compu-Star Remote Starter with Alarm, CCV Reroute, SCT with Matts Custom Tunes, Riff Raff Cac Boots & Aluminum Cac Tube, DC Power 270XP,
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Posting Guru

joe blow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.joe blow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Never used any edge products, I agree that BANKS is way overpriced and not the right choice for the 6.0L but I can attest to GEARHEAD custom tunes. Matt writes specific tunes for the powermax to reduce lag.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Senior User

Crash16 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Also a ficm tune might do you good to reduce turbo lag.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel