Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Elder User

bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just to echo the other comments (about how it works) people have made about the factory NAV; you should not be disappointed you didn't get it.

The font and color of fonts are terrible for my old eyes; the screen is deeper from the bezel vs. the factory Nav in 08; so bezel blocks 1/8" of screen if you drive with seat forward as I sit.

My TomTom shows speed limits; well the factory NAV does too, but I have only found a couple of roads so far that it displays (and then the font is so small I can't read it).

Sync voice recognition sucks, trained or not; I can find places with touch screen but the limited forced select this using voice commands will not allow me to find POI, etc. It is more distracting all the retrying, etc. than just letting me or my passenger use the screen in motion. My 08's factory NAV was unlocked and other than getting $taken$ to upgrade maps it was great.

Good luck getting your NAV,

Bob
(traded the 06 w/ 45Kmi. 10/1/07)
(traded the 04 w/ 56Kmi. 3/25/06) N5BUJ
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Senior User

montey2005 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
daxrizo
Advent : OE Multimedia Headunits : ADVUV630
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Senior User

soling2003 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put a JVC 7" screen in my '10 superduty. It worked great, and good hands free, and worked great with the new speakers and sub. When I upgraded to the '11, it came with the Nav and I thought it would be great.

It is ok, but not having updated maps is a problem in growing areas. I can't seem to get the traffic to work well, but I do like the voice commands. And it reads my text messages and replys to them just fine from my windows phone.

But I would just as soon put the JVC in again.

'
Old 08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
New User

chrislorl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Advent Factory look Nav 2010 -2103, has anyone used one?

Has anybody seen or used this?
I know an installer that says they have been putting them in at the dealer. It comes with everything in the box and basically just plugs in. He says it keeps all the Sync features too.
I hear it is pricy, around $1100.00 but so is that High end Kenwood I am looking at by the time I add the adapters and dash kit. The Advent has an 8 inch screen. That's huge.

Advent : OE Multimedia Headunits : OFO1501

The only negative he had was that it won't work in the Sony systems. I am not sure but I think that's only in something like a Raptor but I may be wrong. Don't Raptors have nav at that price?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
The factory NAV isn't all that bad. It certainly is not worth the price of the option, but I would order it again. Would like it better if the sirius crap was dropped and the price lowered.

One neat feature since it is tied into the truck, when you hit the low fuel warning, gas stations pop up on the map.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Posting Guru

Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.
On the 2013 order sheet navigation is only a $900 option. Not cheap, but nowhere near as bad as some of the $2500 options and more that you see on some vehicles.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel