Year: 1950 Make: Ford Model: F-150 Price: $700 Mileage: 193000 Color: red/black Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing Location (State): AR Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive Color: Red Engine: 4.9L I6/300
Awesome truck, but too much time to machine or replace the cylinder head, for me... not for you?!?
Here's why I'm selling:
- Warped cylinder head is just too much time for me to get ready to be machined for this not-so-great mechanic. (Block is fine and in good shape)
- No A/C and those Mazada manual tranny's aren't worth the $300 and work (or ~$700 if I pay someone to take the head apart and machine it [or there's pick 'n' pull])
- there could have been an underlying problem that caused the head gasket to go, so no guarantee that it won't happen again.
- got a great deal on a used replacement truck
Here's why you would want this truck (or parts of it)
- There is a fabulous custom made 7' (exactly) fiberglass and metal camper shell that I'll let go for $500 (has dome light)
- $80 in new gaskets ready to be installed. (I'll throw in the two 5 quart jugs of anti-freeze I've got sitting ready for it.)
- The truck has been great for our family (I've spent the last 4 months working on it and trying to see if I could do it myself)
- Brand New Battery and Alternator
- 4 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO with 25-30k still left in them.
- The trim is Custom, there just isn't anything that goes wrong with this truck, the best thing about pre-1994 vehicles!
Other things you might want to know?
- Dented back bumper from a fender bender a few years back.
- The rest of the body looks great! It was repainted professionally a year before I bought it in '07
- All parts up for grabs if you can entice me enough to part out an otherwise ready to go truck. I'm pretty easy, because I just want to get rid of it.