Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 AM
New User

Yepthatsmyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Sys 1 OL Fault

Help! I have a 97 Ford f250 5.4 L. It runs fine until the outside temp gets above 90 degrees or so, then it won't accelerate and starts smelling like unburned fuel. I had a bad O2S B2 S2, but replaced it. The live data on the scan tool shows the OL fault when it starts acting up. I don't understand why it seems to run fine in cooler weather, but leaves me stranded when it's hot outside. Tried loosening the gas cap to see if pressure in the tank might be the cause, but no
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Postmaster

Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.
Look at the sensors that have direct influence on fueling.
The IAT, the coolant sensor, the mass air, for readings out of spec.
There is a TSB on the IAT causing loss of power when temps get high in the engine bay.
Look at the fuel regulator vacuum hose for signs of fuel in the hose indicating the regulator diaphram is leaking.
Check fuel pressure for being to high.
Good luck.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM
New User

Yepthatsmyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass 7 View Post
Look at the sensors that have direct influence on fueling.
The IAT, the coolant sensor, the mass air, for readings out of spec.
There is a TSB on the IAT causing loss of power when temps get high in the engine bay.
Look at the fuel regulator vacuum hose for signs of fuel in the hose indicating the regulator diaphram is leaking.
Check fuel pressure for being to high.
Good luck.
Thanks!!! I actually took it to a shop this morning because I was tired of beating my head against the wall (figuratively). He said the barometric pressure was reading wrong and the truck was running lean for a higher elevation. When it is hot outside, the air is even thinner. After he finished with it, we took it on a long drive and it ran good. The outside temp was about 95 degrees, and usually it would start dying within 15 miles. He charged me 30 bucks!!!! Not bad at all! Going to drive the hell out of it tomorrow, and make sure all is well before I take the rent car back (My daughter doesn't want me to, because it's a '13 Ford Explorer Limited, and she thinks my truck is old and ugly) If it still gives me problems, I will look into your recommendations. Thanks again
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150