6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Use of courtesy time out

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boondox81
Well thanks to this thread I've got an order placed for a roll of led strip lights and a couple metra speaker adapters! Bought my truck used and the previous owner had already installed bed lights which are very handy and now I'm just hoping the lights I ordered match (in color) to the bed lights.
Sounds like fun. Welcome aboard by the way.

We like lots and lots of pictures around here.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 114 Posts
Old 05-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Boondox81
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope to do my install this weekend assuming the right lights shows up. Ordered from amazon and thought I double checked everything, but ended up with the non waterproof led strip!! Decided to keep them and use them somewhere around the house so I placed another order for the waterproof type that's supposed to arrive Friday. At least I did get the correct speaker adapters. Also got the upfitter switches ordered and there supposed to be in Friday as well. Already located the connector under the dash and pass through wires so it's just a matter of hooking them up when they get here (I hope)!

Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Adventure Rider
Senior User
Reviving my on thread - lol

Yes it's been over a year and I am finally getting to it - don't ask

I have found the control signal for the courtesy time out

I have on order a relay set so I can drive the left and right sides as both running and turn - parts should be here next weekend

Now I need to take off the running boards and modify the plastic covers to mount the LED set

This is what I will be using - one on each of the 3 covers on the rails

http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...es-pid706.html

So I hope to have this done - within in two weeks

As an aside I did install HID fogs and HID (with projector) for the heads lamps - amazing what had to be done to the halogen reflector to accept the projector

Will update again when done

Is great to see all the work done by the various forum members due this thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Boondox81
New User
Got the lights hooked up and working last weekend. They really throw a lot of light and seem to get a lot of attention. I like them bc it was easy and practical.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Got my lights done yesterday. Very pleased - inexpensive and practical upgrade of my truck. Thanks for the ideas and links to products. It works!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:45 PM
jlensi
New User
sbryan ..... what year is your truck? where did you hook into for your LED's? Looks great!

Old 05-27-2014, 05:19 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by jlensi
sbryan ..... what year is your truck? where did you hook into for your LED's? Looks great!
The truck is a 2013 F350 Lariat Ultimate. The plugs for the lights are on the frame rails near the rear door on my crew cab. The wiring was already in place on my truck, I presume because some folks order essentially the same truck but in King Ranch or other trim level that includes the courtesy lights. Cheaper to just include the wiring than to add or remove it based on trim level I suspect.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
RAYJAY!
5th Wheeling
sbryan did you use one roll of the lights or 2 ? and if you cut them how did you seal them up ??

Old 06-12-2014, 06:35 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RAYJAY!
sbryan did you use one roll of the lights or 2 ? and if you cut them how did you seal them up ??
I used one roll and had some left over. I used silicone to waterproof the ends I cut. Buy the small tube of silicone and it is easy to squirt it into the cut end and seal it up tight.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:45 AM
RAYJAY!
5th Wheeling
thank you for the fast reply, will be ordering them soon, this is a very nice cheap mod to do.

off topic but i also want to replace my cab light and mirror light with smoked one's is recon the best or will any one do ????

Jeff

Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I probably need to go back and read all the messages in this thread - but maybe someone will help out here instead..
Are the LED strip lights only on when the door courtesy lights are triggered or do they stay on whenever the parking lamps/headlamps are lit?

Cool feature that I would like to implement!!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,040 Likes on 2,208 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I probably need to go back and read all the messages in this thread - but maybe someone will help out here instead..
Are the LED strip lights only on when the door courtesy lights are triggered or do they stay on whenever the parking lamps/headlamps are lit?

Cool feature that I would like to implement!!
You could wire them either way, but I think the strips will only light up when the door courtesy lights are triggered (from door or key fob) on the way mentioned by bryan.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
You could wire them either way, but I think the strips will only light up when the door courtesy lights are triggered (from door or key fob) on the way mentioned by bryan.
Yup - That is what I thought but didn't want to assume.. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Jumbo131
Senior User
Originally Posted by sbryan
Got my lights done yesterday. Very pleased - inexpensive and practical upgrade of my truck. Thanks for the ideas and links to products. It works!

Looks good. Could this possibly be modified to run the lenghth of a 5er? It would help backing into camp sites and the driveway after night fall.

Quick Reply: Use of courtesy time out