General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING in your game right now? (current video game chat)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WHAT ARE YOU DOING in your game right now? (current video game chat)

Right now I'm using the "MUFFLE SPELL EXPLOIT" to cheat a new char up to the max in SKYRIM (Elderscrolls V)

WITH A BEER!
* I think that for the late night crowd here the saying "WITH A BEER" is a very important message of cheer for those who must SLAVE tomorrow.
I don't have to, because I'm a retired putz

Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Meh, if you're playing the PC version, you can just use console commands to cheat...

Don't ask me how I know this...

I don't have much time to play games these days - I cancelled my subs to WoW and SWTOR - started playing Skyrim (PC) but haven't had much time to get too far into it (playing off my daughters Steam account so I didn't have to buy another copy/license )

Old 09-17-2012, 09:41 PM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
I'm currently stuck in Black Mesa.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
QUE ES? Black mesa....

Is that in skyrim, or out?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
QUE ES? Black mesa....

Is that in skyrim, or out?
It is Half life, actually a re-make of the original Half Life Game.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I remember (SKYRIM) why I'm doing this - it's because it's the only way to get magical protection from spells. And later on the spellcasters are a-holes in this game for sure!

I like to go after exploits early in games so that I have benifits later on that no one has

Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still messing around/exploring in Fallout 3 GOTY. Figure I'll buy Skyrim after the price goes down a bit more.

The only Steam game I have is Rune Classic 1.10. Human Head Studios' Viking Age/Fantasy 3rd person actioner. They released this in June 2012 to get the franchise going again. They took the previous 2002 RuneGold bundle (Rune 1.07 SP&MP / Rune: Halls of Valhalla MP) stuck some bits from their PS2 "Rune: Viking Warlord" and did some tinkering/improvements.

They added the original Rune 1.01 SP/MP files (2000 release) to the package so new and old players can experience the original game too. The new Steam version is Fixed where you can go into any of the MP servers (steam or not) at will. Before if you had Original Rune 1.01, you couldn't go into HOV or Rune 1.07 MP. Now you can using Rune Classic 1.10.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
gzilla46
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smashing things in Crackdown.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
I've been waiting for years for something like this to happen:

http://finalfantasyviipc.com/us

I have an original set of FF7 discs for the PC, but the PC version was ported over from the Playstation and was so buggy, it didn't run for squat on any of my PC's - kept crashing and causing other issues - It was a well-known issue...

I'm definitely going to be giving this a try as it is the quintessential Final Fantasy game (IMO).

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
The early Final Fantasy series (I thru VIII I think - might be VII) is on GBA (Gamebot Davance) now for dirt cheap if you can find 'em. Up through FF XII or so is on PS2

I'd like to see Might and Magic 1 - 8 come out on a console or a "For-modern-PC" version

Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
DIRTY - DEVIOUS - and NASTY EXPLOIT
(SKYRIM)
~Also very effective...

I went looking on the SKYRIM Wikia for an answer to a few glitches (I have an unpatched X360 version) and saw some spoilers about maxing out the alchemy, smithing, and enchanting skills.

I thought it was a misprint when I saw where someone had written:

"Make some fortify restoration potions, equip your alchemy enchanted items, then gulp the potion and take the items off.

Put them back on, and do it again as needed..."

My version is: equip those things, make your potion, use it, SAVE, then make another potion, etc...
WHEN YOU MAKE POTIONS AT THESE LEVELS, THE POTION REMAINS AS STRONG
*WHEN YOU LEAVE THAT AREA (As RE: Leave the palace of Dragonsreach, and enter Whiterun) the effects of the 'Fortify Restoration Potion' seem to go away;
That's debatable...

FORTIFY SMITHING potions made at these very high levels, if used, will not allow you to improve armor or weapons. It doesn't matter though -
ITEMS Enchanted with a POTION of fortify Enchanting made at these high levels WILL WORK!!!

I don't know why it is, but in my recent game I ended up with a "Fortify Health" potion (Giant Toe+Creep Cluster+Wheat) that was off the scale completely, and a Dwarven Armor valued at TWO BILLION, SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION SEPTIMS. AND SOME CHANGE before it was all done (and I could easily have continued further)...

There are ins&outs to it that will be obvious if you go there.

~I dunno why it should be, or if a patch changed that, but I was at 28% fortify alchemy on all four required items when I decided to save and try that...

NOW OF COURSE-

I'm going to re-run the game again to see what kind of boost that will give me right out of the starting gate

*My saved char is virtually indestructible. A big lawn mower, and everything else in the game is nothing but a GOPHER...
*I shot an ANCIENT DRAGON with an Ancient Nord Arrow, using a bow that I smithed and enchanted like that (Fire Damage+Soul Trap) and ONE SHOT SNUFFED IT

THIS EXPLOIT AFFECTS EVERY ENCHANTED ITEM AND ALL OF THE ENCHANTMENTS ON THEM THAT YOU HAVE EQUIPPED

~Most of them permanently

Some of them will show no indication of the huge level they are at - until you use them. It doesn't show in the item menu

So I say: GO FISHING!

You want all of the Abecean Longfin, Cyrodillic Spadetail, and Salt Piles that you can collect...
*These are the smaller fish you can find in streams and ponds

**AVOID SMALL ANTLERS - if you make the potion with that, it will have a rapidly increasing "POISON STAMINA REGENERATION" effect

12-14-2012
Since I first posted this strategy, I've skipped a mile ahead. A level 20 char, with full dwarven armor, two of the masks (one of them is Volsung), and these skill-trees are halfway built up:
Alchemy
Enchanting
Smithing
Speech
Sneak
and Archery...

2-handed weapons is high enough to be respectable, and heavy armor is in work

~The only thing that slowed it down was finding a weapon with Soul Trap to disenchant

*NOTE: The best way to bank cash in SKYRIM is to get a weapon with the BANISH enchantment on it to disenchant. Plain iron daggers become worth over 1,700 almost AT ONCE, even with petty gems. This in turn means you can buy out everything a Blacksmith has, and then sell him/her a few daggers to get all of your septims back!

NOTE 2: Reserve Grand gems for your own equipment - use nothing else for that. All other gems should be used to make stuff to sell (word!)

Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Furyus1
Postmaster

I got sucked into playing Assassin's Creed after finding it on a discount rack for $10 - and now, I can't put it down! I'm hooked!

I like how this game makes you think about what you're doing - it's not just a "hack-n'-slash" game - and the AI was well done... The Unreal 3 engine rocks - if they were to use the Unreal 4 engine, that would rock even harder...

Now, I've just got to add II and III to the collection - gotta have my AC fix...

Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am playing the newest Assassins Creed now. They get better every time.

I would also recommend the newest Hitman. Lots of strategy.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Furyus1
Postmaster
I'm still hooked on AC... I stopped playing MMO's as I'm a bit anti-social and don't like dealing with people, in general so, I've started back into these 1st-person sort of games and am really liking the AC series. Now that the AC1 and AC2 games are showing up on the discount racks (I refuse to pay the full extortion prices for these games), I'm now enjoying playing as both Altaïr and Ezio, and I am impressed with how Ubisoft produced these games - the era of first-person gaming is far from being over, folks...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm looking for a new game. I'm totally burned out on racing and skyrim - also Destroy All Humans. I want something where you have to build up , but that has no top end.

I'm an antisoc too, so it has to be a self contained game that you don't have to plug in online. I miss the old Might and Magic series from when Jon Van Canegham was not disgusted with what 3DO was doing

Quick Reply: WHAT ARE YOU DOING in your game right now? (current video game chat)