Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2012 FALL GTG - Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAY1986F150
Now if we could only convince Gary to let us bring beer next time we could add to the fun by making fools of ourselves.....
Oh, that sounds good. Maybe we could partake of some of my homebrews. I've got a 4 tap garage fridge.

Thanks for posting those pics, Ray.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the pics ray, at least some one was on the ball and taking pictures.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Oh, that sounds good. Maybe we could partake of some of my homebrews. I've got a 4 tap garage fridge.

Thanks for posting those pics, Ray.
I'm gunna go ahead and invite myself over to your house. You just tell me when and what project you wanna work on. I will work for home brew!!!
p.s. I haven't called that guy about the old homestead yet. I will try today.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jwtimme
Thanks for the pics ray, at least some one was on the ball and taking pictures.
Chris got some too. Gary posted them

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Better late than never

First of all, thank you to Gary & Janey for putting up with me / putting me up. I really don't think I'd make the trek all the way out there if it wasn't for your hospitality.

And, thanks for coming, guys! Maybe one of these days I'll make my way to a GTG here in Colorado.

The Taurus made the trip home just fine, but start complaining about the coolant level being low. (The SHO has a neat-o sensor in the coolant overflow bottle that lights a dash light when it's dry.) It was getting dark out by this time so I couldn't see in the bottle real well, but I added enough water to fill it almost 2/3rds full. My thoughts were, that should be PLENTY to keep the sensor in the bottom happy.

It started complaining again about 10 minutes later, I figured the sensor is faulty since I remembered it not looking real good earlier in the summer. The water temp gauge in the car showed everything was OK (but we all know how useful factory gauges are) so I proceeded on.

Got another one from the JY Monday or Tuesday.

Old coolant-level sensor:

Replacement from JY:

Got a new RH tie rod end and front-end alignment done today, looks like that may have taken care of the sporadic pulling/wandering/tracking/vibration problem.

Not to be outdone, the CEL came on after ~10 minutes of operation on my way to getting an alignment and the computer shows 212 in CM codes - loss of IDM circuit to PCM. Possible causes are: short in harness, open in harness, damaged ICM, damaged PCM.

Parts store where I had it tested says the ICM is fine. CEL hasn't come back on since the alignment.

Ugh.

Anyhow, just wanted to publicly thank Gary & Janey and say how cool it was to go out there and see y'all, I'm not tryin' to hijack this thread....

Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
We were glad to have you, Chris. And, glad you made it home just fine - although the coolant issue must have been concerning. As for it being dark, are you saying the SHO doesn't have an under hood light?

Man, I hate those intermittent glitches, like the CEL coming on and then going away. It is an uneasy feeling since you don't know when it'll strike again. Bummer.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
We were glad to have you, Chris. And, glad you made it home just fine - although the coolant issue must have been concerning. As for it being dark, are you saying the SHO doesn't have an under hood light?
Yeah, the SHO has an underhood light, but I needed to get the flashlight to see inside the bottle. I didn't use it until I made the second stop.

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Man, I hate those intermittent glitches, like the CEL coming on and then going away. It is an uneasy feeling since you don't know when it'll strike again. Bummer.
Yup... me and my brother are wanting to take this to Chicago in about a month, I have a spare ignition module in the glove box but it's a JY variant so I have no clue as to its reliability. The pinpoint tests have me installing a breakout box at the computer and testing various wires, maybe I'll borrow Bill Vose's (85lebaront2) and do that. The other thing it could be (according to the book) is the computer itself.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My RX7 has a sensor in the top of the radiator, the coolant level gets more than 1" from full, there's a light on the dash. In case you're too busy to see that bright red light, an alarm also goes off.......
Saved me big time one night when a heater hose sprung a leak, before the engine even reached full operating temp..........

Overheating a rotary, is usually terminal.