Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Reps for a great opening post and one-of-a-kind truck. Thank you for your service.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Posting Guru

smokenchoken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.smokenchoken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Eli Hopkins
I love the grille and headlights amazing pics thank you sir..... Hoorah!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Sorry about you injury while serving your country, I hope your recovery keeps progressing. That is a great story and it is really cool that you and your daughter are recovering it! What city in the south are you in? An amazing truck...
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Posting Guru

Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would also like to add my thanks for your service. God Bless America!

Wow is that a cool custom. Love that it's all Blue Oval. Looking forward to many more pics.

It's great you are sharing with your daughter. I hope she pays attention. I didn't pay attention to my Dad and his skills when I was younger and regret it to this day.

Good luck on your one of a kind project!

1948 Ford F-3 Flatbed "Older Blue"
1975 Ford F-250 Highboy "Old Blue"
1977 Ford F-150 Flatbed "The Bodinator"
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Junior User

wld427 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The longer warm seasons here in the south are working in my favor. the bad news for my wife is i have the bug again....

She is finally off the trailer. 10 years in the barn was not kind to her.

We did all new brake lines front to back, basically stripped each wheel to the axle and all new, drums, shoes, lines, and wheel cylinders in the back. The fron end got 95 F-150 rotors and 73 torino calipers. Special thanks to the folks at speedway who got me the right bearings and seals to make the swap happen. New front wheels and tires from Jegs. The backs should be here any day. got 30x12r15s going in the back wheel wells. Should bring the rear end up for a nice rake. The 427 is rumbling to life thanks to some fresh plugs, wires, cap and rotor, as well as som 114 octane gas from the airport....shhh

Click the image to open in full size.

For those of you who beleive in Karma, its been going my way lately. After all the bad things i lived through, im finally in the home stretch with my medical issues, my hot rod is finally alive again, and the wife just found out she is 6 weeks pregnant. I have not smiled this much in a very long time. Thank you all for your support and wishes. Ive made some new friends here and ive really enjoyed discussing and sharing things with you folks.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Posting Guru

smokenchoken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.smokenchoken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Eli Hopkins
congrats on the lil future one..... those wheels look great on her i would love to hear that beast rumble to life some day if you find out how you should do a walk around video and start-up and post it we all would love to hear and see this thing it is definitely unique
Old 12-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Junior User

I hate to resurrect an old topic but i dislike starting new ones even more.....

Well my little one has arrived and slooooowed down any sort of progress on getting work done to the truck. Now that the boy is here the wife has given me a monthly budget to spend on the truck. So now i get to pile up the parts for some time before i can put serious effort in to renewing the ride. i did get some new wheels and tires. Unfortunately Cragar stopped making the black spoke wheel. So now i had to buy grey ones with the new Hoosier Pro Street tires. I was going to get the centers re-powder coated black but i cannot decide which wheel i like better the black or the grey. What do you guys think?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Posting Guru

Eli Hopkins
so glad your back wld427 missed seeing this truck..... i personally like the grey's on the back just the way they are it looks awesome
Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 PM
New User

Red67co is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for sharing that is one amazing job on the fabrication of the front end. Love the 427 I'm a big FE fan. Having a 428cj in my Mustang. And most of all thank you for your service.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Senior User

Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Hello, tough truck, I like the grey wheels personally, I think the black centres disappear, while the grey ones can be seen better. Good luck with it all. I hope your daughter continues her interest in cars. My son is 39 and he likes modern cars, has no great interest in the things I like. I had hoped he would join the Army reserve armoured regiment I was in for 12 years but he wasn't interested. Kids eh.
My old girl has the original look, which I do love. It does have a few mods, but I think it is only lightly toasted. I would like to customise the body of my truck, but don't have the nerve, the skill or the money to do significant custom panel work rebuild. Long live the darkside and those with the courage to travel there.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Elder User

smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.
Great story and glad to hear that life is good for you. Congratulations on the little one and thank you for your service.
Good luck with the truck, looks like grandad knew what he was doing.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
I wondered where you went. Its good to see you back on the board. You have a pretty cool ,if you get a truck allowance. If your taking some sort of vote, I like the grey vs. the black, but like everything else everyone has there own preference. Looking forward to see what you do.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Posting Guru

Eli Hopkins
figured this needed bumped back to the top it is such an awesome truck
Old 04-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Senior User

Peter Bird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter Bird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hugh.ness
You get a big O in my book! That's not a zero; that's an O for Originality!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Junior User

small update

spent a little time on the old truck working on some driveability issues and throwing a tune up at her. got to spend a little time with my boy getting greasey.... momma was not so happy.

Got the tune up dialed in pretty good. Had to put a new alternator and battery in there too. Unfortunately i put the ole 427 away hurt years ago and a rebuild is not in the cards right now. Either way shes running pretty good. I think the carbs need a thorough rebuild and some new power valves but im happy just to hear it roar again. Just some touch up work on the brakes tomorrow and im going to start driving the crap out of it again!

what do you guys think of this!

caption sould read: " So your dad is going to give you the family prius when you turn 16?..... Sucks to be you!"
Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM