Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Early 99 50 cent mod and leaking up pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:06 AM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Early 99 50 cent mod and leaking up pipes

My early 99 has been apart for a while now. I thought I was going to get her back together today but found out that my up pipe to collector was loose on both sides. I do not want to spend the crazy money for bellowed up's yet or the upgrade kit from clay for $2500 so I am gonna donut it for now($60 with shipping) until after the first of the year.

I originally took it apart to do the 50 cent mod and fix the leak(that I had no idea where it was coming from) but mod fever set in and I ordered a lot and a lot of stuff to get this truck up to speed after I did some reading here at FTE.

I might have my finances where I want them by the first of JAN to upgrade. I just dropped $1260 on the SP01 Auto Enginuity about a week ago since I have a PSD and a Toyota Prius. I have purchased the Frx but not installed yet.

Purchased the strictlydiesel.com kit for the intank Hutch mod but I have 32 gallons of diesel in the tank so that is a no go until I can drive some of that fuel out.
Purchased the wicked wheel a while back and installed on the turbo today. The wheel had some impingment so I replaced it. I also cut out my EBP Valve today and welded up a piece of the rod inside the hole that it comes out of to plug it. The cheaper route vs. purchasing a van turbo outlet without the EBPV. I installed my 470 ohm Resistor today and I need to take pictures so I can document it.
In short I bent over each lead of the resistor about 1/4 inch onto itself. Pushed the double thickness wire into each of the two pins for the connector. I then bent the rest of the lead over so the resistor just rest inside of the connector. Heat shrink connector to keep out water. Zip tie up high and that is done.
My major oil leak was coming from my EBPV Actuator which will be deleted with my new van pedestal.
I did look up the torque spec for the pedestal to block bolts and it stated 18 Ft lbs in my cheap Haynes manual. Maybe I will get the donut gaskets and the install kit by saturday or monday from Clay.

I hope to also have a 6637 kit from Clay and a CCV re route kit by monday and these will have to be done as well. Lots to still be done.

I still have some work to do to get two more bolts out of the up pipes but i have one about three turns loose already. I have them soaking in Aero-Kroil over night and I will be right back at it in the morning to get those pulled..
I have the EBP tube(bought last year) and need to get that replaced since my tube has a 1/4 inch hole in it.

I purchased a ford ranger heater core valve and vaccum hose with accessories to knock out the cold air mod but not done yet.

It has been raining in the south east a lot lately....Grrrrrrrrr and it seems like it happens mostly when I have time off of work to get my hands back on my truck.
I have a Clutch pedal position switch that I got two days ago from stealership to put in along with the Permanent clutch pedal fix from ebay. All a work in progress.

When it rains and I am at home I have a tent over the truck and I have been straightening a/c condenser fins and am about 2/3 complete with that time consuming project.

I want to thank Bob at DieselOrings for talking to me a bit about my truck and
Clay at Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts | Ford 7.3 diesel | 7.3 powerstroke | Ford Powerstroke | 7.3L Powerstroke Parts

Thanks to a guy named Paul Stout at work who got me to research why my truck leaks and runs rough and upgrading my turbo.

And thanks to this site for all the FREE info. I am short, fat, bald and have big ears and a big heart. If I can do it then you can pick up a wrench and get it done also. I hope I have encouraged some of you to get up OUT of the computer chair and get a modification done or at least startred today.

When it runs right I need to get to the rear differential and fix that leak or bearing or both.
Dwayne

******** src="http://p.datastomp.com/9/3/39.js" async="" type="text/javascript">*********>
What is this thing^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ it has been posting for the last few post I have done and I have no Idea what it is unless it is my sig?????????????

Last edited by 1fixitman; 09-14-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: ??
Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 AM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
190,000 on the clock