Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Junior User

X JBM X is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need a Shop near Bridgewater, NJ

Hey folks,

Just moved back to NJ (been living in MA for 8 years), the truck is now kept at my parents' house in Somerset county (i moved to Hoboken, no parking for something my size )

Anyway, last week the truck started getting an intermittent shake. Doesn't feel engine related (power both with and without the shake), and I took it to Fullerton Ford (Don't ever go there - that's another story) and they're telling me it's likely the hubs and ball joints. (and also wanted $3100 to replace)

I put new upper and lower ball joints in the truck 15k miles ago, so it shouldn't be those. however, i also replaced the drivers' side hub with an autozone hub, and my suspicion is that it failed. the other thing i think it could be is my torque converter - i had the trans rebuilt last year.

i travel for work, so i haven't had much time to do a more in-depth diagnosis.

basically, what i'm looking for is someone that knows these trucks backwards and forwards, and can help me diagnose the problem (and potentially fix it since i don't get much time to wrench anymore).

anybody have any suggestions?

Also, there's a good chance the truck will be for sale in the near future as it'd be a shame to let it sit and rot at my parents' house since i won't be driving it in the city...

thanks guys.

jesse

'99.5 F250 Anything but Stock
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter