Sponsored by:

Need New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
NJK570
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need New Exhaust

Are there any companies out there that make a true dual, custom exhaust kit for a 1993 bronco? Send me link please. =]. I just want this thing to be LOUD, but sound good.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
true duals dont exist for our broncos because the Tcase is in the way. You will get more performance out of a well built single exhaust. besides if you run the pipes strait out the back you will pull exhaust fumes into the cab.

do some research, ask some local offroad shops in your area who they would go to for exhaust work and then talk with those guys. I had my complete exhaust built from the headers back with a hi flow cat and aerochamber muffler for under $400.

if you want louder run a flowmaster or a cherrybomb.

if you want the dual look run a single in / dual out muffler but dont go strait out

Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM
NJK570
Freshman User
Anyone every heard of those, Classic Single Chamber Exhaust?! Also called Turbo Tubes? I had a set of them on my mustang, and by god, it was the loudest stang on the road..

Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
1_ton_bronco
Posting Guru
Discount Exhaust Systems - Shopping Cart

this is exactly what i bought for my 93.. goes manifold/header back

very nice sound.. no x pipe no y pipe.. nothing.. duals all the way out
Choochin reply - YouTube

Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
That does sound good. To do "true duals" you can also riskt he idea of doing it how i have my 78, exit right infront of the rear tire. But it will be super noisey, smelly and i have heard speculation on having the toxins in the exhaust eating away rubber. Though i haven't had that problem it may still exist i guess. If you can buy the mufflers you want and if your doing headers, get those then a shop will cost a lot less to do the pipe. For me, it would be a bit over $100 if i had headers already on and mufflers ready to go on.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NJK570
Anyone every heard of those, Classic Single Chamber Exhaust?! Also called Turbo Tubes? I had a set of them on my mustang, and by god, it was the loudest stang on the road..
Maybe, if I'm thinking of the same thing. I've got Classic Chambered muffler on the Bronco now - it's basically a glasspack without the glass and a couple of big dimples in the case to tune the sound. Very gnarly. Had a pair on my Mustang (331 sbf with a big cam) and it set off car alarms even at low rpm cruise. Wide open it was sick. Eventually swapped on a pair of Magnaflows for the neighbors' sake.

FWIW, any competent exhaust shop should be able to bend up a set of duals. I'd dump them in front of the rear wheels to keep exhaust from rolling up into the back window.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
The issue is, the T-case juts out so far it makes it difficult to bend around it. I'm confident that it is very possible to do and won't cost much but the difficulty stands. My issue, is i don't know how it would look with these big pipes curving under the frame to get to the side. Currently the flexpipe i have is running in between the radius arms, i guess if i lift it like i plan to i need to move that bracket down anyways. Who knows.

This is how mine is currently, ignore the bent radius arm

You can see a little of the flex pipe go in one side and out the other.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
if you install a 2-3" Body lift running duals is far easier. with out though i see it as a waste. the purpose of duals is to be as strait as possible. adding a bunch of bends would reduce any gains you would get and be less efficent than a properly run/built single exhaust with hi quality Y pipe.

running no h or x pipe is silly and will actually hinder performance.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah I know some people who have had true dual on Broncos... they didn't really impress when on them. They are probably a great option on other vehicles, but it's pointless for Broncos because the t-case. It would cost more because of the extra piping and to do it legally because of the extra catalytic converters and mufflers. I really wanted dual exhaust when I first bought my Bronco, but I slowly changed my mind and am glad I did. I went with 3" pipes from the y-pipe back (bassani y pipe and headers) and a hooker aerochamber muffler. I think it sounds awesome and performs much better. Dual wouldn't give you as good of performance as that.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by NJK570
Are there any companies out there that make a true dual, custom exhaust kit for a 1993 bronco? Send me link please. =]. I just want this thing to be LOUD, but sound good.
No.....
1. a few engineering issues (nothing that couldn't be work out) but the bigggie is
2. The federal smog laws prohibit......if it didn't come (or was available) with it, you can't have it- ticket, tow, impound & meet me in court while a judge decides if my truck should not be crushed- & I don't even get to speak- just listen to the EPA, AQMD, Highway Patrol or USDA/Fish & Game warden speaks.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
ford1977owner
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Yeah I know some people who have had true dual on Broncos... they didn't really impress when on them. They are probably a great option on other vehicles, but it's pointless for Broncos because the t-case. It would cost more because of the extra piping and to do it legally because of the extra catalytic converters and mufflers. I really wanted dual exhaust when I first bought my Bronco, but I slowly changed my mind and am glad I did. I went with 3" pipes from the y-pipe back (bassani y pipe and headers) and a hooker aerochamber muffler. I think it sounds awesome and performs much better. Dual wouldn't give you as good of performance as that.

can you make a sound clip and post it, id love to see what it sounds like

Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
That does sound good. To do "true duals" you can also riskt he idea of doing it how i have my 78, exit right infront of the rear tire. But it will be super noisey, smelly and i have heard speculation on having the toxins in the exhaust eating away rubber. Though i haven't had that problem it may still exist i guess. If you can buy the mufflers you want and if your doing headers, get those then a shop will cost a lot less to do the pipe. For me, it would be a bit over $100 if i had headers already on and mufflers ready to go on.
Increased noise in cab- yes
Smell, unless you are burning oil, etc- no (CO is odorless & tasteless)
Toxins eating away the rubber- Pre-1977 (pre-cat)- sort-of, the carbon actually did cause cleaning issues & where people had oil burners, it would induce checking/cracking.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Beechkid
Increased noise in cab- yes
Smell, unless you are burning oil, etc- no (CO is odorless & tasteless)
Toxins eating away the rubber- Pre-1977 (pre-cat)- sort-of, the carbon actually did cause cleaning issues & where people had oil burners, it would induce checking/cracking.
Unfortunately(not to be an *** or anything) I have a few things to add.

The cab noise isn't my concern here, the smell, there will always be smell on any car that burns fuel. Remove the cat and add a cheap cherry bomb tube in there and i can guarantee you will smell something I burn oil but it is only on start up, after driving for an hour you will still smell the burn gas fumes exiting the truck. This is from 78 so there isn't any more emissions BS on it besides the things i was unable to remove yet.

As for the Toxins, as mention this is a 78 so i am pretty sure the motor could produce such toxins as the ones form 77. Though since i have not seen any noticeable tire wear on brand new tires i am not concerned about it as much. With the wind that is mixing in at the end of the pipes and the rotation of the tires i can't see much toxic wear happening between now and the time when i have to replace them.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ford1977owner
can you make a sound clip and post it, id love to see what it sounds like
Yeah ill see if I can do that later today. My phone Mic isn't the best quality so I don't know how great the recording will sound though but ill see what I can do with it.