What's everybody up to?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What's everybody up to?

Hey folks!
Haven't heard from many of you in a while, so I thought I'd start a thread! Anyhow, for me work has dropped off the past few weeks. School has started for the wife and kids. (wife is a teacher) Got tickets to see Travis Tritt this Friday at the Alexandria Fairgrounds. The opening band is called the Sleeping Dogs which is a local band that I know some of the members. Should be a good show. All of my trucks are running fine. So guys, post up what's going on in your lives. Would like to meet some of you folks sometime. I do get around to different parts of the state with work, so who knows, I may be able to meet some of you for a bite to eat.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey John. Truck and car are doing good now. Had to do some work over the summer to the truck. School and clinicals started back up this week. My church is having a booth at the Alexandria fair, but i don't think I will be there to help pass out water or candy.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Appears mighty slow here, John. Maybe they are busy.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
meierw1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
School just started back for me so I'm busy with that. Finally got my truck back and she's running like a scalded dog. Other than that I've been gettin the farm ready for deer season and livin the dream. We all need to meet soon.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:16 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Apparently it is a little slow. I was working at the Florence TA last night! Got home about 1:30 this morning.

Cody, glad to hear your truck is back on the road. And it's nice to know that Ford does make a HD tranny for our trucks. I showed that to a friend of mine and he wasn't aware of that. He works on Fords all the time. Chips, injectors, turbos, rebuilds, you name it, he does it.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Travis Tritt was great last night! I've always liked him as a singer, and he writes a lot of his songs. But I forgot how good of a guitar player he is. He did an acoustic version of Long Haired Country Boy that would have made Charlie Daniels proud! It was a lot of fun!

Going camping this weekend at Elkhorn Campground near Frankfort. I hope there are some fish in that creek. If there is, it will be a first!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM
meierw1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Apparently it is a little slow. I was working at the Florence TA last night! Got home about 1:30 this morning.

Cody, glad to hear your truck is back on the road. And it's nice to know that Ford does make a HD tranny for our trucks. I showed that to a friend of mine and he wasn't aware of that. He works on Fords all the time. Chips, injectors, turbos, rebuilds, you name it, he does it.
If your ever in florence again stop by papa Dino's pizza I'm usually there throughout the week.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by meierw1
If your ever in florence again stop by papa Dino's pizza I'm usually there throughout the week.
Where is Papa Dino's? I will stop by!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Where is Papa Dino's? I will stop by!
Half a block north of 127/25 on Main Street. On the left going north.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
John Papa Dino's is where I have tried to have the local mini meets before. I have been eating there my whole life. Main street in Florence, next to all the Churches.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Work has still been slow. The worlds fair (Alexandria Fair) is this weekend. We may attend if it isn't raining. Fat chance of that though. The remains of hurricane Issac is suppose to dump a bunch of rain on us this weekend. Today should be a good day to get the grass cut though. Fun fun!! Have a great weekend guys!

Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
Haven't done anything with the '53 F-100 in about a year, because of a hand injury. It has taken a long time to get caught up work wise, but I should be back in the Effie game this fall.

As it sits now:

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
I looked at your pictures the other day Effie. Can't wait to see some more progress on the truck early to mid 50's F100's hold a special place in my dream truck fantasy. My brother had a 56 that he started to work on then stopped I was going to take over but my parents sold it the year before I could take it over.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys. Between work (can't seem to get caught up there) and working on the place down at Sand Gap I haven't had time to do nothing else. We did make it back up to my parents place last weekend. Was good see everyone. Dawn and I went past Popa Dinos last night on the way home from Home Depot. I drove down to the gap this morning and put in 3 windows then came back tonight. That made for a full day I will tell you.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Just driving to Sand Gap and back in a day takes up most of it just driving, doesn't it?

Quick Reply: What's everybody up to?