Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
New User

Wikajomi is starting off with a positive reputation.
2010 Rear Sliding Window Defrost Issue..

Oh Great F150 Gurus....PLEASE help this Old Phart....I have a 2010 F150 Supercrew XLT. I have ran the complete gamut as to this issue and am ready to give up--yet I know that the knowledge base of this forum should be able to solve this!

The rear defroster and heated mirrors are not working. I have checked fuses, connections, relays, and switches.....and still nothing. After reading a couple thousand threads all over the net, it is my understanding that if the rear sliding window is not completely closed they will not work. Apparantly there is a contact point or points that when the window is closed completes the circuit. I am quite sure that this is the issue with my truck. I cannot figure out where these contact points are. Or if a simple adjustment to the slider will resolve this.

Could one of you fine members steer me to where to look for these contact points? might it be a matter of simply brushing/cleaning these contacts? Is there a way to adjust the slider portion to align these contact points?
I am losing my mind in regards to this.....PLEASE HELP!!!!

PS Yes I have tried holding the defrost button while operating the slider to a closed position and yet still have no defrost operation.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150