1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks
View Poll Results: I'm not going to Truckstock because...
Engine performance anxiety
0%
Marriage performance anxiety
22.22%
Doc's offhand comments about a prostate exam clinic
5.56%
No cable to watch Bama - Roll Tide!
0%
Can't miss the premiere of Fast 'n Loud
0%
Opportunity to shop in Bob's garage while he's out
5.56%
Banjo music makes me jumpy
5.56%
Dang it
77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

I'm not going to Truckstock because...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
I'm not going to Truckstock because...

For all of us too broke, too married, too sick, too embarrassed, too far away, or too big a loser, let's hear your real reasons for missing the Ford F-Something Extravaganza of the Whole Truckin' Year. Feel free to use the poll as an inspiration for your personal excuse should you need to further explain your shortcomings.

To the fortunate gang planning to attend: Wishing you good miles and better times.

DW

Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM
John Peterson
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been laided off for Six months. If i had two nickels to rub together. I would make the trip . Oh , I can see the look on my wife's face .When I tell her I will not be out in the pole barn working on my truck this weekend .I am going to the Ky state to see some old trucks. Priceless

Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whether you want to hear it or not - I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome - I would need to know where every bathroom was between my place in Erie PA and Doc's farm and one there have a dedicated Porta Potty
Believe me it's killing me not to be able to go - I wold really like to meet all the folks, hang our, swap lies, spit & hunker and gather dirt for use later.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I'm going not because I'm sitting on my own little Fort Knox, far from it, but because if I don't I'm going to go off the deep end. I need to get out of here! If I could use a reason not to go I could use all of the above, especially #3. I'm still a little nervous about that one, I almost forgot with all the snake talk in the other thread.

BTW, Duane keep you filthy mitts away from my stuff!!! Boy, pass by you once at 100 feet, doing 50 mph and now you think you can treat my shop like a Walmart and invite everyone else along.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Whether you want to hear it or not - I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome - I would need to know where every bathroom was between my place in Erie PA and Doc's farm and one there have a dedicated Porta Potty
Believe me it's killing me not to be able to go - I wold really like to meet all the folks, hang our, swap lies, spit & hunker and gather dirt for use later.
IBS is a serious condition.

This is not a serious solution:

Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm too far. My truck currently wouldn't make the journey. However you can bet your sweet corn that once it is built up that I will take it everywhere. I would love to join a get together with FTE members, makes it a whole lot more fun. But right now I can't get more than a couple miles away in case I can't make it back, ha!

But for the record, I demand pictures. Lots of pictures.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FortyNiner

I have one of those, Not many places when your out hunting parts

Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

BTW, Duane keep your filthy mitts away from my stuff!!! Boy, pass by you once at 100 feet, doing 50 mph and now you think you can treat my shop like a Walmart and invite everyone else along.
Actually more of a swap meet. I'll leave the rusty, broken parts in exchange. And, I'll wear gloves.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM
bigdaddylove
Senior User
Because it's hella far!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Ok then..understand I live on an Island ..on the Canadian side ..so ...what is truckstop ?? Bob who ?where is this Truckstop ??why do I feel the need to know and plan for next year ..will there be a next year?? remember ..when I don't know or understand..I ask ..I really don't know !!!

Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kenjh
Ok then..understand I live on an Island ..on the Canadian side ..so ...what is truckstop ?? Bob who ?where is this Truckstop ??why do I feel the need to know and plan for next year ..will there be a next year?? remember ..when I don't know or understand..I ask ..I really don't know !!!
I thought I told you to stay away from those mushroom's

Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't get my truck started. Maybe because the motor isn't back in it yet? Also, no trans installed, no driveshaft, no front fenders, grill, brakes not finished, and - ready? - I have too much work right now. After sitting on my butt for two months early this summer now I have too much to do to be able to take a week off. the bad is that I can't make it to Truckstock, the good is that I now have the money to finish the truck, the other bad is that I now have no time to work on it. But I would like to get to Wisconsin and have a look at Bob's while he is out.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:13 PM
48fordcoe
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not going because I would have too much fun and its not right to have too much..

Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FortyNiner

And, neither is a cork.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
None of the above
My father in law passed away yesterday and the funeral isn't until Friday. It's in OK, so it would be extremely difficult for me to make it. Hopefully Doc will decide to make this a yearly thing andd I'll see everyone next year

Quick Reply: I'm not going to Truckstock because...