Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Senior User

jtindale is starting off with a positive reputation.
Key tumbler fell out

Hello,

When I went to pull my key out of the ignition yesterday the key got a bit stuck and when I jiggled it a little to pull it out the chrome bezel that locks the tumbler in fell out. Now the tumbler is out as well and I cant figure out how to get the tumbler in and lock the bezel in place.

I see a pin on the bottom of the ignition cylinder that I should be able to push in and pull the cylinder out but I cant seem to push the pin in at all.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance!

1978 F250 with a 460
Frame-Off Restoration Underway
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...250-build.html
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...FGchYN3AyNyqCQ
Old 09-08-2012, 03:38 PM
New User

Expypate is starting off with a positive reputation.
The pin will only push in when the ignition is turned to the on position. Reach in and turn the switch on with a screwdriver and you should be o.k. If the pin pushed in while in the locked position it would be way to easy to steal the truck.

I would replace the ign plug if it continues to happen.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Senior User

jtindale is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expypate View Post
The pin will only push in when the ignition is turned to the on position. Reach in and turn the switch on with a screwdriver and you should be o.k. If the pin pushed in while in the locked position it would be way to easy to steal the truck.

I would replace the ign plug if it continues to happen.
Thanks Expypate! I did that and went to Ford to get a new cylinder. There was a tab broke off in the cylinder that prevented the chrome bezel from holding the tumbler in place.

1978 F250 with a 460
Frame-Off Restoration Underway
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...250-build.html
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...FGchYN3AyNyqCQ
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM
New User

Expypate is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm glad you got it back together. I was a locksmith for years, but now work in the wholesale side of the business. Amazing what you forget when you don't do it everyday.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator