1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Kounting Cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Kounting Cars

Watching Kounting Cars tonight on the History Channel. Danny was cruising in his 54 F-100... very nice....

anyone else see it?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
I tried watching that show a couple of times....what a bunch of blow hard idiots. I couldn't bear it and had to change the channel. I'm not big on those reality shows.

Bobby

Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I saw the truck in one of the previous episodes. It looked pretty good to me.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, that was a nice truck. I agree with Bobby tho. Too many wannabe tv personalities trying too hard. I do however like "Fast and Loud" the star of which has won the Gumball rally not once but twice. He averaged something like 85 mph across the U.S.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Not to Hi jack thread but I saw that "Fast and Loud" for the 1st time this weekend. I like it. It seems like the producers try so hard to put in unwanted drama even on Overhaulin what is Chris and AJ's true purpose/value add to the build? OHaulin is better than American Hot Rod used to be. Fast and Loud, Chasing Classic Cars, and Wheeler Dealer are pretty good shows for the true car guy who doesnt care/nor desire drama induced TV. My Classic Car, HOT ROD TV, Two guys garage, and honorable mention goes to Chop,Cut, Rebuild as very good strictly automotive themed shows for the car/truck guy in my humble opinion also.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Flathead Sarge
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the car hauler that is used on Counting Cars? I'd love to have something like that to haul around my old classic cars!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Flathead Sarge
What's the car hauler that is used on Counting Cars? I'd love to have something like that to haul around my old classic cars!!!
That's an old gm cab over mounted on a newer chassis.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
That is a nice truck. I agree that the whole reality show thing is way out of control. But there is one thing I like about that Kounting Cars show. He doesn't waste half the time waiting on his "expert" to come evaluate something or give an appraisal. He just pulls out the cash and makes an offer on the spot. Sometimes he hits a home run. Other times he gets burned. That bunch on "Pawn Stars" bore the hell out of me when they constantly call in an expert on even little cheap items. On the other hand, those dudes on "Cajun Pawn Stars" don't care a bit to take a chance on an old mule or an antique Cadillac, etc. The poor guys on "American Pickers" are entertaining, but they get burned all the time. But I guess it's our entertainment now.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tacson
Not to Hi jack thread but I saw that "Fast and Loud" for the 1st time this weekend. I like it. It seems like the producers try so hard to put in unwanted drama even on Overhaulin what is Chris and AJ's true purpose/value add to the build? OHaulin is better than American Hot Rod used to be. Fast and Loud, Chasing Classic Cars, and Wheeler Dealer are pretty good shows for the true car guy who doesnt care/nor desire drama induced TV. My Classic Car, HOT ROD TV, Two guys garage, and honorable mention goes to Chop,Cut, Rebuild as very good strictly automotive themed shows for the car/truck guy in my humble opinion also.
I must admit my favorite at this time is Wheeler Dealers they cover a lot of steps which the other shows skip. OverHaulin I think would be better if they got rid of the fake stolen car routine.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reality shows suck - They even have them on the weather channel - The WEATHER CHANNEL
I want my MTV - MUSIC TELEVISION - MUSIC - Not Soap Operas for Red Necks

This rant is brought to you free of charge by FTE and Internet Brands

Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
All those shows seem to always have some unrealistic deadline that the whole world depends on making that deadline, personaly Id prefer just a how to step by step build show. No drama, no tricks , no gags. "Sorry", I try to always be poseitve, but I guess I needed to vent.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 PM
HittByA54
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There isnt any good tv on anymore.. esp automotive related.. no one mentioned Gearz yet thought id chime in .BTW will anyone be attending the adirondack nationals this week? i will be driving up this weekend . ill try and post some pictures when i get back of any trucks i see

Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 3golfjack
I must admit my favorite at this time is Wheeler Dealers they cover a lot of steps which the other shows skip. OverHaulin I think would be better if they got rid of the fake stolen car routine.
The "stolen car" trick is WORE plum out. You would think there is surely a new routine "trick" they can come up with.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
i pretty much just watch gearz and all the powerblock shows. I really used to love monster garage though.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Top Gear (UK version, the US version is getting better the less they try to be like the UK one), we still have that. That's a real car show, lol.

I dunno, I personally think it's all staged. The one episode I watched he found a GTO in the parking lot next to a car show needing work to drive... how the heck did it get there in the first place? Just chilling backed into to a parking spot? Yeah no. And then he took this red car with black interior and painted it blue and the chrome, well some of the chrome, black. If thats the look you want then fine, but a red with black is super desirable on anything, but why paint the chrome or for that matter why leave some chrome and not others? I dunno, it's just my taste but all the work I've seen him do... I've never liked any of it, seemed uninspired to me. But that's business I guess.

I'd love to have a show where they don't flip a car in an hour long show. Show how much work goes into it, show the vision and the dream and the enjoyment. And enough with the added drama everywhere. It's fake and you can spot it a mile off. Am I really to believe EVERYTIME you check an old locker or go for a drive you find something super unique, rare, and valuable? I mean heck, I look everywhere I go and you're lucky once a year to see anything at all that's even somewhat rare, let alone unheard of rare. And there has been a couple times where I went, "You should have known it wasn't rare", like thinking a kanata with a plastic dragon handle would be anything but a wallhanger...

I do like to see these old trucks, and it's nice when they've turned out, but I swear half the time I just cringe when they find one hoping they don't throw it into a blender and vomit on it and call it cutting edge. But that's just my taste... lol

Sigh, I miss when the Discovery channel was all about Shark Week and bugs, and space, and discovering. Or the History channel was about history. American Pickers is about as much of a history reality show that you can have because at least they get into it and it's not about them and there isn't stupid drama added every three feet... or subway added in. lol

Quick Reply: Kounting Cars