Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Posting Guru

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Stainless Steel Nerf Bars

I need to replace my rusted out Painted Nerf Bars. I'm looking at Stainless Steel ones, and have some questions. One style has what looks like painted brackets, which wouldn't be a problem, I'll just undercoat them. They also look like they have adapters made of painted steel in the ends of the bars. Anyone have this style? Any problems with the adapters rusting out. The other ones advertise Stainless brackets too. I can't tell how this would attach to the vehicle, so if anyone can clue me in I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
I've only played with Westin, DeeZee and Manik. They have what looks like brass and aluminum inserts or just have threaded bar inside the end of the tube.. Usually the brackets are fitted to select vehicles, so no adapters are needed. Just insert some speed nuts, hold the bracket up and run a bolt in. Then bolt the bars to the bracket.

Now another thing to look at is polished Stainless or chrome plated. Polished will most likely be bare and will need to be regularly waxed to keep them shiny.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 09-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Posting Guru

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got a set of Ionic's. and they are on the truck. There was a sale on them 100 off, and zero shipping. I really like the way they are attached, they use bolt plates that go inside the sill rails.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
I put on Nasta stainless system, all s/s i believe and love them.
2001 SCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L 4R70W 3.55 's LS
Conti eco tires, K&N Series 77 CAI
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
The only 100% stainless steel steps including mounting bracket, bolts, nuts, and washers that I'm aware of are:

Nasta
Steelcraft
Westin E-Series (with optional stainless steel brackets; not sure if the bolts, nuts, and washers are SS)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Senior User

Liquid10Rider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a set of the westin SS nerf bars and love the look of them. Ive had them on for about 2 years now and no signs of any rust or any damage. also they are lifetime warranty.

-AJ
AJ PAA Member #101 01 XLT LB F-250 Supercab 4x4 7.3L, GPR led, 6637 w/cover, Marinco Mod, Skyjacker shocks/Steering Stabilizer, DP tuner, muffler delete, Pro Rack, toolbox w/ custom brackets, Westin Platinum Oval Steps, XM satellite radio, tow mirrors, zoodad, RR IC boots, RR Plenum Inserts, RR HPx, foil delete, Isspro EV2 EGT, Trans, Boost, air press, coolant temp gauges, Cobra 29LX, 03 headlights, ccv w/ trap, 6.0 trans cooler, trans bypass filter, firestone & air lift bags, custom F650 dash, Rigid Ind LED lights, scangauge II,
Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
New User

wyo_f250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
so how those ionics holding up so far?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
New User

Trucknuts is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just bought new nerf bar myself, but they just lined up with the mounting brackets on my frame and all I had to do was bolt them in. Mine didn't have lights or anything so it took about 10 minutes. I don't know what bars you're interested in, but I got Lund 5 inch oval's and I'm happy with them.
Running Boards | Truck Running Boards | SUV Running Boards
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
New User

wyo_f250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
nerf bars

well i purchased the ionics 5" blow molded bars. they have aluminum rails underneath for mounting the brackets to the truck. so far very happy with them took all of 25 minutes to install. being plastic they shouldnt rust but the brackets are metal so will see how they hold up. very sturdy too as they hold my fat *** with no problems!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM