1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Rod Shops in Eastern Nc

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
MCU: Moisture Cured Urethane. A single part industrial coating that reacts with the moisture in the air to polymerize into an extremely durable finish. It also sticks tenaciously to about any solid substrate. I buy it from Sherwin Williams commercial products, but you can get it at a higher price from automotive suppliers sold as POR 15.

Grandpa I have taught beginner/intermediate MIG welding and wrote a welding tutorial in this forum. I can build you a crossmember if provided with all the necessary dimensions (of course it would be much better if I had the frame at hand in case there are any interferences to take into account) and you can watch over my shoulder while I do it or I can be hired for welding lessons. There are a number of different tailshafts and tranny mounting arrangements on the T5 so it would be best if you have the one you plan on using on hand and the engine and tranny dummied into the frame.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Ilya, I am pretty familiar with product liability and general liability exposure from having had my own business for so many years. I would require a waiver be signed before I did any potentially life critical work for anyone just like the big guys do. The only reason I am interested in doing this is because of the financial position my ex left me in doesn't leave me enough extra to work on my own projects with. I never planned on having to go back into any business except for an occasional jewelry commission once I retired, and still don't want to get into it full time. I intended to finally have the time to spend working just for me. I'm getting too old not to enjoy the time I have left.