Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Question Recommend Any Scenic Cruises for Motorcycle Rides?

I was thinking a cruise from Owasso to Skiatook Lake would be fun. Maybe stop at Ron's Hamburgers on the way back.

Eventually, I'll make the trek down and up Rte 66 also.

Can anyone recommend any nice scenic cruises in Oklahoma?

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc View Post
I was thinking a cruise from Owasso to Skiatook Lake would be fun. Maybe stop at Ron's Hamburgers on the way back.

Eventually, I'll make the trek down and up Rte 66 also.

Can anyone recommend any nice scenic cruises in Oklahoma?
How about Hwy 11 from Skiatook to Barnsdall, then 123 up toward Bartlesville, stopping at Woolaroc?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Junior User

okgearhead is starting off with a positive reputation.
Scenic drive...

Talimena Scenic Drive ! South Eastern Okla. , during the fall, can't beat it.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgearhead View Post
Talimena Scenic Drive ! South Eastern Okla. , during the fall, can't beat it.
Normally, yes. But this fall? I just looked at some of our pictures from last fall when we went there. Good views for sure. But the colors were brown and I'd bet they will be this year as well.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks ya'll. We havent seen Barnsdall yet. That could be a nice diversion from Skiatook.

I'm dying to check out south east oklahoma too. We've been here since '98 and havent seen that part of the state. My boys and i will be camping out there this fall. Cant wait for the cooler weather.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Woolaroc is Frank Phillips' country estate. There are several species of wild animals, inc buffalo, and quite a museum. You don't actually go into Barnsdall, but turn north off of 11 onto 123 on the east edge of Barnsdall. Check out the hours on the Internet before going as they aren't open the same in the fall as summer. But, it is well worth the effort.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Some of the best motorcycle rids I have had have had no plan, just figure out a direction and ride.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
How about Hwy 11 from Skiatook to Barnsdall, then 123 up toward Bartlesville, stopping at Woolaroc?
OETA had a show that featured motorcycle rides, and this was one of them. Looked like it could be fun. I don't know if the show is still aired, or the name of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtimme View Post
Some of the best motorcycle rids I have had have had no plan, just figure out a direction and ride.
This is what I do when I get the Thunderbird out. Good way to discover new stuff.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Posting Guru

RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
RAY.CECIL3
Ron, what motorcycle do you have? I just sold a Kawasaki KLR recently. Would be fun to ride together if I get another bike. We could meet at my place in Collinsville and head out. I rode to Jet OK this year to take some pics out on the Salt Flats....was fun

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Postmaster

Nice bike you had, Ray. Looks like it was good for long treks. Lots of storage. I had no idea there were salt flats in Oklahoma? Are they long enough for auto speed runs?

I have a 2001 Suzuki Marauder cruiser style bike. It has an 800cc engine and I'm lovin every minute of it. I've been takin it to/from work every day that it doesnt rain. I have yet to take it for more than a 20/30min ride.

I'd be up for a cruise anytime. Just as long as i clear it with my wife's work schedule too. lol. Cant leave our two young sons alone in the house to run loose.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 09-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ron,
The Great Salt Plains is a pretty big area. A major stopping point for some migratory birds...
Great Salt Plains State Park | TravelOK.com - Oklahoma's Official Travel & Tourism Site
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

And, while you are out there see Little Sahara.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter