Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the September Chat Thread !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 03:13 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the September Chat Thread !!!!!!!

Happy Saturday morning !!!!

I hope you all are enjoying your 3 day weekend! They have a bunch of activities planned to keep us busy. We come home this month !!!!!!! Not in the single digits yet but getting there!!!!

Jason- My wife moved in with mama not long after I left. I have some organizing to do but everything is out of the house.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:02 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,895 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I have some organizing to do but everything is out of the house.
Nice.

I'm headed over to Habersham and Rabun Counties today. Hope it doesn't rain on me toooo much!!!!!!

I might be hauling a drilling machine to northern California next week. I've never been to the Redwood's area, so this would be very cool if I can pull it off (and get PAID for it!! ).......

Hope everyone has a fun and SAFE weekend! Fall is just around the corner.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
ShadowSnowLeopard
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know fall is coming but this humidity is awful. Got family in visiting from Indiana this weekend and we are loading up in the Expedition tomorrow (well, later today...) and going to Helen! They have never been. Looking forward to a good 'worst and beer and then a little hiking. Everybody have fun with their weekend too!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 AM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday everyone!

Chief - Glad everything's going good so far with selling your house!
Do you see a truck restoring project in your near future?
After you get settled in your new house of course.

I hope everyone has a great day! And Jason if you do end up going to Cali., be safe out there man!

Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy Sunday morning back!!!!
First plan for the truck is to get it road worthy. The first thing is a new battery, work on the brakes, rear end, possibly the AC, we should be cooling down so that might wait till later on. No Garage at mother in laws so a full restore will have to wait. I also plan on working on my motorhome too.

The formal inspection is Wednesday, got my fingers crossed.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ShadowSnowLeopard
I know fall is coming but this humidity is awful. Got family in visiting from Indiana this weekend and we are loading up in the Expedition tomorrow (well, later today...) and going to Helen! They have never been. Looking forward to a good 'worst and beer and then a little hiking. Everybody have fun with their weekend too!
It was HUMID yesterday...

I had to drive thru Helen yesterday on my way home. It was a 45min ordeal do to the holiday weekend. Have fun with that!

NorCal trip just got canceled, the dude decided to haul it himself for what I wanted. That's fine, it was gonna be hard for me to pull off anyway. This guy is also buying cars on east coast to sell in Cali, so I'll prolly have other chances to go out there. My 12yr old is on Fall break Oct 19-29, I'd rather go out there with him anyway!!!!

Chief, we've got our fingers crossed for ya too!! I don't have space for a full resto, but I do have a big garage and at least a few tools. You are welcome to come up here for help with a project. I even have AC gauges and a vac pump!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 PM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello all.
I am waiting on my new pedestal with EBP actuator deleted or also called the blank pedestal. I plan on cutting out the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve on my Early 99 F250 Turbo on the 14th. I have work and other obligations until that date. I ordered a new compressor wheel and housing oring from dieselorings.com. Those are in. Pedestal should arrive wednesday. I ordered the permanent clutch pedal fix from ebay and expect it by wed or thursday. I already have my strictly diesel Hutch mod kit but I will be waiting to burn some of that 30 something gallons to get the weight down for dropping the tank. All is good. I am working 12 hours OT tomorrow to help pay for some of the mods I have been purchasing.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy labor day !!!
You will be glad to know I am laboring and not wasting your tax dollars !!! Well we are taking half a day off for the BBQ and voleyball games. New guys arrive this week !!! Getting the office ready so they have a place to work while we are doubled up. Found out my fly date and time today !!! I can finally see the finish line !!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Nice rain yesterday/last nite, but its still warmer/humider than I prefer...

fixitman, come on up when ya get ready to install that stuff and we'll knock it out! We can also throw the AE on it and run it thru all the diagnostics, etc for the heck of it. I have a boost leak detector as well so we can make sure we get it all sealed back up when we're done. FWIW, the up-pipes on my X never leaked until I pulled the turbo off. I ended up with Int'l bellowed up-pipes after swapping turbos. (then the van turbo broke and I had to pull the turbo AGAIN - providing lots of turbo-pulling experience in just a couple months... )

Also, your e-99 already has a 'wicked wheel' (the 'upgrade' for later trucks) and there are no performance gains from deleting the EBPV - but if you are fixing oil leaks, I understand. Fwiw, the wicked wheel actually moves less air than a stock, late 99-up wheel - but can help with turbo surge on trucks with that problem.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy Tuesday !!!
I hope you all enjoyed your 3 day weekend, those of you that had one. We had BBQ, volleyball games and a steel drum band come and play. 1/2 a day off to enjoy and relax since it will be crazy from here till we leave for the states.

I had to google and figure out what a "wicked wheel" was. I deal with enough diesels at work, I will stick with my gasser for play. I will upgrade to a diesel pusher motorhome when I do upgrade one day.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Go by the Habersham Forestry Commission and slap the little guy there on the neck for me...and the other goofy lookin guy too.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning everyone !!!!
Yesterday was spent picking up and getting my replacement all settled in !!!! Sold the incoming guy my TV, rugs, desk, etc, etc so my room is starting to look bare!! Had the inspection on the house yesterday, waiting to hear about that, got my fingers crossed there are no issues to slow down the sale. Hope everyone is well, just counting the days !!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
U retirin?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am coming back home from a 12 month peace keeping mission in Kosovo.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Theres peace back at your house waiting for you....its long and grey and a 1979 too.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the September Chat Thread !!!!!!!