Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 AM
New User

smoakncop is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 Expedition Subwoofer...

Does anyone have any idea as to how to "enable" my subwoofer on my 2008 Ford Expedition King Ranch EL? I purchased an OEM 2008 model navigation system from ebay and everthying but my subwoofer works. I found out it wasn't working by pressing 3 & 6 and going into the diagnostics page. I'm trying to keep from going to the dealer and having my unit flashed and spending $150!!! Is there a hack similar to the GPS hack?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Was the NAV unit programmed for an Expedition with subwoofer setup ? If not there is nothing you can do on your end. It would need to be reprogrammed.

Matt
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
New User

Awesome...I believe it can from a 2008 Ford Flex, so I don't know if those had subwoofers, but the ks for the advice. Do you know if there are other places other than the dealer that. An reprogram it?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think I read a few posts where guys have sent their NAV units to this place.

United Radio - Automotive Electronics - Quality Electronics Service Since 1923

Might want to do a search on here for United Radio.

Did you do the GPS hack on the unit yet ? If so you can access the screen that will tell you how the unit is programmed and whether or not the subwoofer is "enabled".

Matt
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM
New User

Thanks, I'll look into it....and yes, I've done the GPS Hack, that's how I saw my subwoofer was disabled.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator