Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Elder User

thundersnow70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
electric parking brake....aka, linelock

so my buddy picked up a 66 chivy plow truck the other day and i noticed it had an electric park brake. i have never seen one so i was asking the po and he said "o yea, got one on my blazer to. they work great" i looked at the blazer and it had one also. i have heard of linelocks for drag cars but have never seen an electric parkbrake like this before. if i can find one i think it would be an easy fix for my fridge. does anyone have any thoughts?Click the image to open in full size.
Mark
Working on these old trucks is easy, all you have to do is................................................ ....
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
I think you should chock the wheels if you are going to leave a vehicle with that set up parked for any length of time. Batteries run down, and hydraulic pressure leaks away.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Postmaster

willowbilly3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't think that model needs a good battery to hold shut (not sure) but they also make a manual version that works on a lever, not a switch. They were never intended for long term parking, more for workers who had to get in and out a lot in the course of their work.
The Mico Lock is expensive, you can find ones that do the same thing for a fraction of the cost.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Elder User

3414 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have seen those mostly on tow trucks and winch trucks, where you want to hold and lock all wheels, not just the rears. It is no replacement for a mechanical parking brake, because if there is a very slight leak in the line lock, or anywhere after it, the brakes WILL RELEASE. I have seen mechanical and electric on single circuit brakes (like the original on the fridges), but only electric on dual circuit brakes (2 locks/one switch).
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Elder User

thundersnow70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for the input guys. i have been looking around and it seems like they are mainly for off road and tow trucks, and drag cars but that doesnt apply to me. i think i might try a lock just to aid the old truck when parked. my park brake is a thing of the past and i have no interest in finding all the correct cables and parts to make it work. i have always just left it in gear when parked but have always worried about some a hole opening the door and pulling it into neutral and walking away. did i mention the door locks dont work either. seems like cheap piece of mind when im in a store or movie with the wife. if the system has no leaks i would think it could hold for an hour or two with no trouble. plus it would just be to aid the engine in holding the truck. and who knows.............maybe i will do some burnouts!
Mark
Working on these old trucks is easy, all you have to do is................................................ ....
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks