Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tonneau with in-bed tool box?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 01:46 PM
loudford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tonneau with in-bed tool box?

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a cover that would work with an in-bed toolbox? My toolbox currently sits about flush with the top of the rail. I like the folding options but worry that the rails take up some bed space and I won't be able to open or fit the tool box between them.

Thanks...

Lou

Old 10-30-2012, 09:19 AM
GobblinTom
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe one of the new retractable covers, the one a saw I watched a video on it and he couldn't get in the thing with a crow bar or utility knife...

Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 AM
welbo97
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loudford
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a cover that would work with an in-bed toolbox? My toolbox currently sits about flush with the top of the rail. I like the folding options but worry that the rails take up some bed space and I won't be able to open or fit the tool box between them.

Thanks...

Lou
I had that question in the other direction - what in bed tool box should I get to use with my tonno? Then I came to the conclusion that since I have a locked tonno on top, I can put whatever box I want in the bed. I'm thinking of just getting a portable box, putting in boards as partitions in the bed slots to keep it from sliding around or tipping over and use plastic tubs for supplies other than tools.

But since you already have the in bed tool box, to answer your question as best I can, I got the Extang Encore hard trifold. It has a locking mechanism on the front panel that would almost certainly interfere with the box. But with the box up front, I think you would really want one where you could open the front panel to get to the box. Of all the ones I looked t, the Extang Encore was the only one that gave you easy access to the front of the bed. Unless you can put the box in the back of the bed, I don't know a good solution.

I'll take a look at the underside of the front panel on mine. Maybe it does have enough room.