General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

My daughter is an amazing young lady

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My daughter is an amazing young lady

Blind Honor

Julie
08-29-2012
4th hour - Honors English

From his shaggy hair, to his ripped up clothes. He's the kind of person that most people would try to avoid. His unshaven beard, his lack of good hygiene. When people see him coming their way, they change the direction they're walking in just to prevent crossing his path. For the past 5 years, he's been wearing the same clothes. A sun bleached leather jacket, faded camouflage Army pants, and worn out combat boots. All of which clearly haven't been washed lately either.

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 8 AM and 4 PM, you can find him volunteering at the local Salvation Army. You know he's there when you see an old, rusty, banana seat bike. It's the same bike he's had for as long as I can remember. Like he once told me, it may not be much, but it gets him from place to place.

The local kids make it a game to pick on him daily. Nobody ever does anything to help prevent it from happening. Most people look the other way and keep walking. They beat him so bad, he's constantly covered in cuts and bruises. They all laugh at his pain. They find amusement in the fact that he does nothing to defend himself. They enjoy every little moment of beating him. I've even seen them go as far as beating him with rocks and sticks. They never seem to take into consideration that he used to fight to help keep them free. That he risked his own life, to be sure that theirs were safe from danger.

Despite all the pain and humiliation that most people from the town has caused him, he still holds true to his ways of living. He never fails to give more than he has. He'd give you the shirt off his back if you really needed it. He never has a penny to his name because every last cent he gets goes to charity. That's why he is the way that he is. He's broke, because he gives everything he ever gets, to everyone else.

After all that he's been through, it amazes me that he even smiles anymore. It truly amazes me that he stays in this hell on earth. It's completely beyond my comprehension as to why he still helps take care of the people in this town. I truly don't understand why he hasn't attempted to hurt those who have hurt him. After all the wrong they have done to him, when all he's done is give his all to them. He still talks so highly of everyone and about how much he loves his place in life.

Logan Eugene Littleton is his name. He is a 48 year old man. He's a former Army Sergeant. Yes, you read that right. He is a war veteran. A man of such honor, still gets disrespected as though he were a child molester. A man who risked his life to protect all of us, gets beaten every single day just because he's so unfortunate. The worst part is that the only reason he is "unfortunate" is because he gives his all, to everyone else.

It truly breaks my heart to even try to imagine how it must feel to walk in his shoes. As I said though, the smile never leaves his face. To be completely honest though, if I could be anyone in the entire world, I would most likely choose to be just like Logan. He is such a beautiful man. He always seems to find the bright side of things. He can always find the "diamond in the rough". I could only hope that someday, if I truly tried my best, one day I could be even a tad bit like him. [/LEFT]

**Sadly though, Logan died on September 26th 2011. My heart goes out to you, Army Sergeant Logan Eugene Littleton. Rest in paradise.**

Julie is the blonde (not natural) sitting on my lap, along with Lil P and Brianna is sitting next to me......I had a chair full....LOL

Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Firefighterdan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be lying if I said I did not have tears rolling down my face as I read this………dang

Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
mehhh. not so amazing. i mean really, look who she has for a role model.
how could she turn out any other way?

Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Firefighterdan
I would be lying if I said I did not have tears rolling down my face as I read this………dang
Thank You, Mr. Dan.....I really appreciate the sentiment. I can honesty tell you she choked me up!! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Originally Posted by tjc transport
mehhh. not so amazing. i mean really, look who she has for a roll model.
how could she turn out any other way?
Mr. Tom.....your flattery is undeserved.....but I will gladly take it
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

A better picture of her:

Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Opossum
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's cute can I get her number, facebook etc?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Opossum
She's cute can I get her number, facebook etc?
Thanks......but she is 15......and I haven't loosened the reigns on her much

Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There is hope in our youth. I hope we give young Julie a chance.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Firefighterdan, you're not the only one with blurred vision. Darn allergies :lol: That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Julie is truly an amazing young lady.