Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2011 & Newer Explorer Discuss the all new redesigned Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Host

Ford-Trucks Editors is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2013 Explorer Sport Makes 365 Horsepower

Read about it here: 2013 Explorer Sport Makes 365 Horsepower

With the V8 no longer a part of the Explorer line, Ford is making due with the twin-turbo EcoBoost V6that they use in the Taurus SHO and other trucks.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Freshman User

dundonrl is starting off with a positive reputation.
it's FWD based, no thank you...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Question QUESTION???

I was in Nevada ay a McDonalds when a Nevada Highway Patrol pulled in next to me. He was driving a new Explorer.
I talked briefly with him. He said the Explorer was going to replace the Crown Vic in Nevada. Nevada also used the Chargers.
Has anyone else seen Explorers for law enforcement? & what are the police packages consist of? Are they using the 365 hp EB?

Thanks
Craig
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
The Interceptor Utility vehicles are everywhere. There are several agencies here using them now. They aren't using the EcoBoost engine but the 3.7 V6 rated at 305 HP instead. They're available in front wheel drive or all wheel drive.

More reading here:http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterc...odels/utility/

And there is a ton of info available in a Google search.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
John, Thanks for the link. I just hadn't seen one until yesterday when that NHP pulled in next to me.
That kind of explains the reason Ford is building both the Explorer & Edge. Someone asked that question on this forum awhile back.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
You're welcome.

It's actually a pretty neat vehicle. The local sheriff's office ordered two that just came in at our local dealership, along with three of the new Interceptor sedans (read Taurus). Several of the local agencies running these have them painted up in black and white and they look pretty sharp.

I'm not sure what we're going to yet. We've still got several Crown Vics that haven't reached the required replacement mileage. I think our new Chief wants to go with Chargers but several of us are trying to talk him into the Taurus in AWD. With the limited amounts of snow we usually get, the AWD could be a great alternative to having to maintain SUVs in the fleet so the patrol folks will have something to drive in inclement weather. The new Taurus AWD Interceptor could literally kill two birds with one stone.

On another note, I saw that the Alaska State Troopers are now using the Taurus Interceptors. It was on a new episode of AST the other night.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
The city that I deliver mail in, Newport News, Va has a couple Taurus Interceptors, they look mean as hell with local PD paint and lights.

My daughter saw an Explorer in Chicago last summer, it was likely the 3.7L version but she said she had to do a double look as she didn't recognize it at first.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
We just traded the wife's Audi Q5 turbo 4 in on a 13 sport....

She is tinkled pink - the Audi was NICE but even tuned it was only 270 or so hp....

this explorer on regular gas is 365hp and 350 lbft !!!! twin turbo v6 -
premium and tuning here we come

going to have to take some pics as all the web shows is the red or white...
she, of course, ordered the black one... just like her audi, just like her previous audi, just like her charger, just like.....

2013 Ford Explorer Sport Front Three Quarters Photo 1

on edit - found one :
Attached Images

all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats....VERY NICE!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
So is the Explorer Sport really "4WD" as in FWD until you turn the ****?

Or is it like my SHO where it's AWD - mostly FWD until you hit the go-pedal?

Recently came across some Wikipedia article where it says the Explorer and the Taurus share the same Volvo-based platform.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Postmaster

Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Man I like the red one!

2012 F350 DRW, CC, King Ranch, 5th wheel package, air bags with wireless controller, High idle Mod, no door bell and Edge CTS monitor.
2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer, My wife's daily driver
1969 Bronco, Under Construction
1968 F250 Camper Special, 390 my wife's truck she's had it for 30 years.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 AM