Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Freshman User

Der ABT is starting off with a positive reputation.
V10 2001 (2v) Headers vs manifold help/suggestions please

well have a cracked manifold and some broken head studs, i can hear the exhaust leak when its cold but it seems to seal itself once it heats up a bit (aka 2-3min running)....

Im looking for any suggestions/experience with replacements. I am not looking for a loud exhaust as it will be mainly for towing on long trips.

Seems stock manifolds are just about the same price as headers (7-900) for the pair and trying to decide which way to go.

Headers...and might as well do a y-pipe while im in there.
Banks Torque Tubes - i hear banks are great but most places say they dont fit the excursion (though it seems they do)...anyone have them...likes dislikes etc)
Hedman
Gibson
JBA
i know to not look at shorty's from the searches ive done (yes i did search before starting this)
Can i just buy headers for a 2v 250 and they will fit (seems conflicting info on searches) since there are so many more options when you stop looking for excursion fitment.

Ive been reading on the fastener problems but still would like any suggestions or personal experiences you guys have.
Dont really want to spend the money on banks as we are trying to buy a house (hopefuly tomorrow) and the last thing i need is more expenses...i was hoping to just ride out the cracked manifold since the leak seems to stop itself until it doesnt do that.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs