Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
replaced both in tank fuel pumps on the 89 F250 runs like a top again no stalling or anything and gas gauge works again. The rest of the trucks nothing done. Found why the cruise control wasn't working on the 89 F250 also: ABS sensor was broken. Going to get a new one and hopefully that fixes it.
Trav

Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well will get pics soon enough but got some updates again.
First small ones: the 89 F250 has a hole in the rear tank still tried soldering and using some gas safe epoxy from autozone and it didn't work very well still leaks. So got to get a new rear tank (probably used at a scrap yard). Local scrap yard wants $40 for the fuel tank and pump (although I will use the new one) so hopefully we will have the money to get it and the dash cover we want. Truck is running great though minus the 10MPGs which I have been told is usual for a truck like this.

Next got the engine and brush guard over to my house sitting in the bed of a new comer right now till I get the chance to pull it out and start putting some parts in (oil pump, water pump, power steering pump off mine, valve cover bolts and gaskets, alternator off mine, my plugs, distributor along with rotor and cap, wires (spark), coil, a new belt, probably new thermostat and maybe new radiator hoses and defiantly all new fluids. Brush guard needs the KC light taken off and thrown in the parts pile till I can get a set or just 1 matching one then have to mount it (which isn't hard just waiting till after the engine is pulled as it will get in the way.

Now new comer to the fleet and build:
1991 Ford F250 4x4 Super cab long bed 460 V8 E4OD 3.55 open diff D50 front sterling 10.25 (more or less a replica of the 89 F250 minus the engine and trans) tcase is a BW 1356 like my 88 and 89 red interior with white burgundy white exterior (think the burgundy is aftermarket) 4x4 stickers, tinted windows (which are done wrong) steering stabilizer front, mud flaps (coming off as they look stupid), hitch, warn winch bumper (needs a bit of welding done to fix it but overall great shape).
What it needs:
needs an engine pulling it out of the 89 F350 not in this thread probably and dropping it in this truck then going to rebuild the engine in it (everything is there) and drop it in the 89 f350, needs steering wheel wrapping torn off then it has a good steering wheel, windshield, antenna, 1 more matching wheel as it has a stock one on it now, hood (taking off the 89 F350), straighten the rear bumper and cowl, grille needs installed (in good shape), radiator needs installed, tail light harness needs installed (brand new one in the truck), tail lights need installed, needs interior cleaned, seat cover as front seat has some rips but not bad so just going to cover it till we reupholster it, needs a steering wheel plastic piece which I have, trailer wiring need torn out and done right, door panels have some cracks but not bad, needs door latch on driver's side (already have), vent wing window needs installed have 2 in the back seat, right head light assembly (got broken and then screwed on but not to bad to find a chrome trim one), **** for wiper, (Found the original owners manual which will help me with 4 of our 10 vehicles (the 2 89s and my 88 and this one), lastly needs an exhaust system as it is torn out of the truck (think dual thrush tubes (have the part that goes from the manifold with O2 bungs with no cats out probably the back or stock formation for now maybe will go each side not sure yet). Overall truck is in decent shape in my opinion needs some work and care but not to bad. I think the engine isn't an original 91 when I get school work done I will try and look. It does have AC and heat. Mostly needs cleaned up interior wise. Me and my brother (which whose truck this is now) have to look some more things over, clean it up, and take off the mud flaps and get the passanger side window up. Luckly cruise is in the truck so that is another plus it is also an XLT Lariat with auto everything.
Trav

Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Pics away of the new truck (still dirty)

Dash cover got taken out and installed in the 89 F250 for now:

rear bumper has some dents nothing a sledge hammer can't take care of.

the current engine which the rest of the parts are either in the cab or the bed

Old 02-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Ok so a couple of updates most on the 91 but a few on my 88.
First off on both I had my neighbor whom does some of the nicest welding yet check out my grille guard for my 88 and the front bumper on the 91 to see if he can do some welding on them to fix them. He said he can the bumper may be a bit hard to hide the welds but that's ok.
Next I looked at the engine I picked up for my 88 F150 and noticed the plugs were out of it so I am going to have to rebuild it probably then drop it in. Got a figure on what I want just haven't figured out if it is doable (going to be as close to stock as possible for now).
Next I put a brake pad on the 91, tore the steering wheel cover that was ripped up off, put the left wing vent window in, threw some plugs in the 91s engine, pulled the ripped up arm rest pads on the door panel off, cleaned the interior and bed, pulled the left door panel (hopefully will get the passenger window up today), found out this is a crate engine with E7TE heads. Going to rebuild this one in this truck to as close to stock as possible for right now then get it on the road (trying to get it on the road cheap) instead of doing an engine swap when I have no idea what is wrong with the other one. Right now trying to figure out the best way to rebuild it and prices for it.
Trav

Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Got the passenger window up, installed a different wing vent window on the passenger side and figured out why the engine was tore into. I found a Carb intake and I think somebody didn't know what they were doing and tried converting to carb and messed it up. Oh well will be keeping EFI though.
Trav

Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well few updates mostly just buying a bunch of crap:
For the 89 F250 we got all new brake shoes and pads, new calipers, new pistons, even though the fronts are good I am going to throw the front pads and calipers on the 91 F250. Also got a brand new distributor with control module and cap and rotor, air filter (already installed it), heater core, 2" ball for the bumper, and heater core hoses. Also ran to the junkyard and picked up the following: fuel selector valve, ash tray (not needed but grabed anyways, rear bronco speakers, horns, a bunch of relays, locking glove box latch with keys, rubber vacuum lines, cruise control servo, and probably a few more small things for $50. When they open one of the trucks I am going back to grab even more parts. Also grabed rear end fluid and trans and t-case fluid so going to change all that out. Also found out when I installed the abs sensor it didn't go in right and spewed the rear end fluid all out.

For the 91 F250 had the starter tested and it was no good at all so I had a spare starter which also tested no good (was just trying to get a parts list of what I needed). Went to the junkyard and grabbed the following: hood (installed already same day), cowl (installed along with antenna), right fender, antenna, gauge cluster surround wood grain style, ***** for headlights and wipers, stock ford radio (got free not sure if it works), door speakers (dual brand), alternator (tested bad but was worth grabbing for a core), oil filler cap, headlights (rebuilt them a couple nights ago), and again some small misc stuff all for $80.

For my 88 F150 I picked up a tach style cluster going to clean it and paint the needles then throw it in for $20 figured that was a steal. Brother gave me an airaid air filter so once I clean it going to drop it in. Had some black mirrors from the parts Bronco 2 going to paint up and throw on my 88 hopefully soon and give my mirrors to the 91 F250.
Other then that not much happening been raining lately so been indoors. Hoping for a clear day so I can throw the right fender on and headlights, do the brakes on both trucks and drop the dizzy in the 89 F250.
Trav

Old 03-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
A few quick updates:
On the 89 F250 seafoamed the truck and no problems drove the truck 3 times (20 Miles one way). Installed all new pads, calipers, shoes, and wheel cylinders. Going to get drums hopefully soon. Painted the wheels up (still white), aligned the fender a bit better, got the door to shut correctly, bled the brakes (I don't know how many times and I have to do it again I think), installed new heater core, installed locking glove box latch, greased all the joints, topped off all the fluids, and lastly rotated the tires. Found a chrome trim fender trim threw it on along with the right fender emblems (XL and F250) along with a 80-86 f250 emblem on the backup light. Also installed a new hood latch cable as before we had to open the hood with pliers.

On the 91 F250: Threw the left fender, headlights, grille, hood, and chrome trim fender trim all on. Removed the front bumper have to straighten and weld it. Also threw my old mirrors on it.

On my 88 F150: installed new cluster after painting the needles bright red (still florescent), put the black mirrors on, and got a stock radio for it hoping it works.
Trav

Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Quick picture updates:

Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well couple of updates seafoamed the 89 and ran great. Replaced dizzy since I had already bought it. right before it the truck devolped a slight miss so we got new plugs and wires today going to throw them in a few mins.
Went to go start the B2 yesterday and my brother hooked the battery up backwards. Luckly didn't hurt anything.
Started doing a bit of wirring on the 73 Harley and tried starting it and wants to start by itself. So got to find out what is wrong.
Took the 07 Heritage out of winter storage and started ridding it again. Sure is nice to ride it.
Waiting on the guy with the tractor to finish up then the Chevy will be leaving.
Took the 02 F250 out of winter retirement (try not to drive it in the winter) and it drove great missed the sound and fun of driving it.
On the 91 F250 welded up the bumper and threw it on. Picked up some carpet that we will install soon (it is house carpet but looks great and is red).
The 97 Expedition we checked the tire pressure all the way around and lubed up all the fluids and such and is running good. I tightened the torsion bar a crank and it is a bit nicer height in the front but still low may mess with it some other time.
On my 88 F150 nothing really done just put my old cluster on craigslist.
Trav

Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 AM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Trav. How ya been man? Anything new? How's the house going? I think I already asked you awhile back, but can't remember if you said it was done or not. All the trucks are looking good.

That list of mods from the last page sounds real good, and can't wait to see when you get all those done. g It gave me a few ideas too.

The new 91 looks good, doesn't look too bad at all. Looks like a solid truck with a lot of potential. That bumper looks sweet too. When do you think you'll get the engine swap done? I tell ya I'd rather have that faded paint a hell of a lot more than the rust we get around me. At least the paint isn't that hard to fix compared to the rust.

Anything new with your 88? Or the 02? I know you guys just pulled it out of storage, is it still runnin good? Did you guys get rid of the B2 yet?

I bet you guys are enjoying the nicer weather. Its finally starting to warm up around here and stop snowing. Well its still a little cold some days but a lot better than what it was, and no snow pretty much. Can't wait till summer.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RedDevil460
Hey Trav. How ya been man? Anything new? How's the house going? I think I already asked you awhile back, but can't remember if you said it was done or not. All the trucks are looking good.

That list of mods from the last page sounds real good, and can't wait to see when you get all those done. g It gave me a few ideas too.

The new 91 looks good, doesn't look too bad at all. Looks like a solid truck with a lot of potential. That bumper looks sweet too. When do you think you'll get the engine swap done? I tell ya I'd rather have that faded paint a hell of a lot more than the rust we get around me. At least the paint isn't that hard to fix compared to the rust.

Anything new with your 88? Or the 02? I know you guys just pulled it out of storage, is it still runnin good? Did you guys get rid of the B2 yet?

I bet you guys are enjoying the nicer weather. Its finally starting to warm up around here and stop snowing. Well its still a little cold some days but a lot better than what it was, and no snow pretty much. Can't wait till summer.
The house is slow we are taking a break from it but we are starting the garage we have to lay the slab then start framing.
I have been good minus my 88 it has made me so sad it is unbelievable but I am going to get it back on the road no matter what.
Thanks on the Mods I am really liking what these trucks are coming to.
I am going to wait till the truck is paid off to do the engine swap only because I don't want to loose it with a good engine if we can't make the payments (although my buddy is very flexible). The truck has zero rust believe it or not my mom's 97 Expy has more rust then it which is amazing.
Nothing really on my 88 F150 going on just yet. I have pretty much decided I am going to quit messing around and put the engine I want in but I may get it running to get me by till then not sure yet so much on the table right now.
I did just take the 02 out of winter hibernation but storage is just the drive way LOL. Yes she still runs good she still wants to burn up tires like crazy and is tons of fun to drive still but we are trying to keep the miles off her and put them on the 89 F250.
No we didn't get rid of the B2 but we did get it driving again yesterday. I threw a new clutch (took 3 dam days to do it because of the rust bucket truck it is) but I have to get gas to go take it for a test drive. I did notice now she wants to drive though as I accidently popped the clutch and it moved where as before it wouldn't. I personally think the B2 is only going to last another 20-30K miles if that so I think I may keep it then when it goes set it in the backyard and buy another truck and wait till funds come to do a 302 swap or similar on it.
It has been off and on cold and hot but luckly fairly nice I just want to get out and ride right now.
Trav

Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
The house is slow we are taking a break from it but we are starting the garage we have to lay the slab then start framing.
I have been good minus my 88 it has made me so sad it is unbelievable but I am going to get it back on the road no matter what.
Thanks on the Mods I am really liking what these trucks are coming to.
I am going to wait till the truck is paid off to do the engine swap only because I don't want to loose it with a good engine if we can't make the payments (although my buddy is very flexible). The truck has zero rust believe it or not my mom's 97 Expy has more rust then it which is amazing.
Nothing really on my 88 F150 going on just yet. I have pretty much decided I am going to quit messing around and put the engine I want in but I may get it running to get me by till then not sure yet so much on the table right now.
I did just take the 02 out of winter hibernation but storage is just the drive way LOL. Yes she still runs good she still wants to burn up tires like crazy and is tons of fun to drive still but we are trying to keep the miles off her and put them on the 89 F250.
No we didn't get rid of the B2 but we did get it driving again yesterday. I threw a new clutch (took 3 dam days to do it because of the rust bucket truck it is) but I have to get gas to go take it for a test drive. I did notice now she wants to drive though as I accidently popped the clutch and it moved where as before it wouldn't. I personally think the B2 is only going to last another 20-30K miles if that so I think I may keep it then when it goes set it in the backyard and buy another truck and wait till funds come to do a 302 swap or similar on it.
It has been off and on cold and hot but luckly fairly nice I just want to get out and ride right now.
Trav
Sounds good Trav.

Really sorry about your 88, that's really too bad. Well I guess you get the chance to upgrade, right.

Glad to hear about the 02, that's good.

Ok that sounds good with the B2, I would definitely keep it if you could. Weren't you guys planning on trading it for a tractor or something?

Yeah its off and on here too. One day it'll be low 50's and then the next be low 20's. Its ridiculous. But it is starting to get warmer now, and I sorta feel ya on that, I've been wanting to get outside and do stuff for awhile. Its nice to be able to walk outside and not freeze to death in a couple of minutes.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RedDevil460
Sounds good Trav.

Really sorry about your 88, that's really too bad. Well I guess you get the chance to upgrade, right.

Glad to hear about the 02, that's good.

Ok that sounds good with the B2, I would definitely keep it if you could. Weren't you guys planning on trading it for a tractor or something?

Yeah its off and on here too. One day it'll be low 50's and then the next be low 20's. Its ridiculous. But it is starting to get warmer now, and I sorta feel ya on that, I've been wanting to get outside and do stuff for awhile. Its nice to be able to walk outside and not freeze to death in a couple of minutes.
No the van (85 Chevy G20 Sportvan we are thinking about trading for a tractor but he is taking forever to do anything on it so I have emailed a few guys on craigslist about selling the van for something else.)

Also my dad is putting the B2 on craigslist to see what we can get. If we keep it then cool if not then that's ok. It does do good in the winter to keep the other trucks off the road during the winter (all though I drive the 89 F250 and 97 Expy year round).

The 02 I am glad also is running great. She is so much fun to drive and the tone of the exhaust just makes me so happy everytime I sit in her even when I am not driving her.

Ya my plan is to get the 302 I got from my buddy a new oil and water pump and throw it in and run that then at the local scrap yard they have a 90 F250 351W I am going to grab the engine and coil springs out of and rebuild the engine for some nice go fast goodies (a good cam, bored .030 over, maf converted, nice heads (either GT40s or Trick flows), a good intake, (maybe a super charger), some headers (thinking flowtech or Bassani they will be ceramic headers either way), full gauges (three pillar) so that I can watch everything, and tons more done to it I haven't completely thought things through yet.

Right now I just want to get my bike going and ride it because it will save me on gas. My 88 when built will probably get 12-14 MPGS only because I want 33s and a leveling kit then when my 88 front end lets go I am going to a D44 SAS from a 79 truck and lifting it 6 inches with 35s.
Trav

Old 04-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well got some updates again:
got the master cylinder and vaccum booster into the 89 F250. Still the brakes suck no idea why yet. Also took the truck to a lock smith and got some keys made for the side lock boxes.

On the 97 expedition I picked up the piece I have been looking for since we bought the truck the CD-6 changer that goes in the middle console for this year expedition. I haven't hooked it up yet but will soon.

On my 88 F150 finally picked up a 4x4 emblem that goes below the left headlight that wasn't pitted like crazy.

On the 91 F250 picked up a bunch of skull and bones emblems to match its name cross bones also got the screens for the speaker grilles got to paint them black. Also my buddy found the matching wheel he has for the truck so we grabbed it still got to find out why it is flat. But now we have matching tires and wheels.

On the 84 B2 got some door panels for it and put them on, got the correct inside passanger door handle, got door locks for the truck, some pieces for the air cleaner, another V6 emblem, and new headlights. I put all that on and painted both V6 emblems and the Bucking bronco white and put them on. Been driving it since then and tons of fun.

Now the biggest update is that I picked up yet another vehicle (ya now their is 10 vehicles in this thread).
The truck is a 1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 4.0L V6 white XLT 4 door immaculate inside and out no dents at all I have tried to find dents in it and nothing!!! It is an auto transmission, white, manual hubs, push button 4x4 (I am dealing with this part), chrome grille and headlight surround plus bumpers has the roof rack power windows, mirrors and door locks and more. It has the A4LD auto transmission and 3.73 limited slip (ya baby another limited slip on the lot) LOL. But of course being that my family bought it their is a few problems:
The drivers side rear door doesn't open from the out side and the passanger inside door doesn't open for inside.
The truck has a few pieces that I hate on it so we are trying to decide if we are going to pull them off or not
the cover in the back (like a tonna cover) doesn't close all the way and it is hard to pull open I will have to play with it to figure out what is wrong.
the wheels are the incorrect wheels they are off a crown Victoria not explorer. But wait as I have more to say on this.....
It needs new wipers on the front and rear
It needs to be cleaned thoroughly (although the truck is in good shape it has been sitting for this next reason so got a bit dirty)
The engine is shot it is seized.....................

Now don't you worry as I didn't go pick up another huge project for me it still is a decent sized one though....

with the truck came a 1992 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L V6 extended cab auto trans auto hubs (they are shot) push button 4x4 with a totaled bed and no tittle.....

BUT....
the ranger runs and drives I have been driving it around the lot all morning (got both of them last night (4/8/2014) and it runs and drives great. The engine has had close to $800 put into it fixing it up.

The explorer has brand new brakes also.

So obviously I am pulling the engine from the ranger and dropping it in the Explorer.

Now you are probably wondering what in the world am I going to do with the ranger and explorer well let me tell ya:
The explorer I am going to drive while my F150 is down then when I get my F150 going I will either use the explorer as a daily driver or give it to one of my brothers to drive. (Yes all of us will drive each of the trucks but we have specific ones to each of us...
The ranger I am going to strip and take what parts I can and put them on the Bronco 2 and the explorer. The rest sell or scrap.
I am getting a decent deal for the two trucks. $1000.

So plans for the explorer long run:
keep it maintained well
small lift if possible
put the ranger wheels on the explorer and get some 15in tires (all sets of tires are shot) I am going to paint the wheels black and put the chrome caps on (have to locate two closed rear ones have the front ones) I think this will look nice as most wheels I dislike on explorers
completely later on once all of us are get each of our trucks running (the bronco 2 my youngest brothers, the 91 F250 my other brother and the 88 F150 mine) restore it completely and make it a show truck probably or give to my little sister (which right now she hates it) or have each of us daily drive it since my 88 and the 91 get poor fuel mileage
put my dual sony 1100 watt subs in the back seat and upgrade the stereo system. LOL
nicer exhaust sound (the ranger is really quite and they have the same exhaust but the ranger has the tail pipe falling off from the muffler back)
and probably more I kinda got the truck unexpectedly last night so not sure all that we will be doing to it minus fixing it up.

I am still deciding weather to put the front clip from the ranger on the Bronco 2 or not as they are the same. I will be putting either the leaf springs blocks and coils into the B2 or the whole axles from the ranger. I have to find out the gears first and if they are what I like then I will put them in if not I am putting just the springs and such. I pulled the running boards off the ranger and going to probably put them on the Bronco 2 (my brother and dad want to). The ranger has a bug deflector so if I don't put the front clip from the ranger onto the Bronco 2 I will put the bug deflector onto the explorer.

So don't kill me or anything but I don't have pics of the explorer yet. I do have pics of the bronco 2 with the emblems though.
Trav

This pic below was before I installed the correct handle. The correct handle is the pic below this one:

Also painted the top part of the air cleaner (after we clean the engine I will paint the rest)

Old 04-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Time for updates!!

Ok so the past few days we have started on some things.
First day I started striping the parts truck for the explorer.
Next day I finished striping the parts truck got the engine out and the engine out of the Explorer.

Day after that got the engine in and everything sitting their. Went to start hooking up wires and here is what happened:
the parts truck had 1 square and one round main harness
The explorer had both square main harness

The parts truck had 1 02 sensor
the explorer had 2 02 sensors

the parts truck didn't have a camshaft position sensor (had the plug though)
the explorer needs a camshaft position sensor.

The parts truck has no egr stuff
the explorer has EGR stuff.

So yesterday (4/19/14) I swapped the intake, exhaust manifold, all the wiring, and the camshaft position sensor over from the old engine to the new one.

Then I found out the starter was seized no the engine. So now I have another good complete drivetrain just sitting around (another truck probably will be bought and use these parts or sell them off I haven't decided yet).
I put the starter from the parts truck in and cranked it over. She wouldn't start. So I took some gas in a bottle and threw it in the intake and cranked her over and she fired up then shortly after died. I automatically knew what it was no fuel.

I only had 1 gallon of gas in but I also didn't hear the fuel pump coming on. So I have to find out what is going on with it.
My testing will be:
inertia switch
fuel pump relay
and if those two test good pull the line off before the filter. If I am getting fuel their try after. Either way I am putting a new fuel filter on. If not I know it is the pump.
Going to get a code reader on it asap maybe that will help me.

Some things I found out on the explorer:
radio works!!
needs spark plugs.
drivers door window doesn't roll down
sits really low (probably because of tires)
will find out more things to figure out.
Trav

PICS:
Blue thunder (84 Bronco 2) and Blizzard (the 94 Explorer) sitting side by side with my brother whom is happy I am driving a Ranger based vehicle.

the wheels I will be using:

overhead view:

All pics were before I cleaned it up by the way. I have pics on my camera of it cleaned up but I have to wait to upload them:

I will probably end up painting those plastic rocker things black along with around the hatch window and door windows so that I keep the white and black scheme. Probably will paint the inner part of the grille black too:

beginning engine removal:

new engine which just so happened to have a B&W torque convertor with a little higher rpm lock up LOL

Bronco helping out her little sister:

engine in. What a mess to clean up:

Quick Reply: 8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)