Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Chevy Fan

Old 05-14-2003, 02:27 AM
1947 FORD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Fan

I realize that I am on the wrong site for being a Chevy fan, but my family has always driven Chevys so I grew up that way and see no reason to change. I found this site looking for info on my 1947 Ford truck. Now don't get me wrong there are a few Fords that I do like. The early F series trucks are great. Never cared for the twin I beam suspension. Love the 1942 - 1947 Trucks. Ranger vs S-10/S-15 I own one of each Both are extend cabs & 4x4s. The ranger has more interior room and a better ride. THe S-15 has more power, but that isn't a fair comparison because the S-15 has a 4.3 vs the Rangers 2.9 I prefer the Ranger Now going on to the engines 350 chevy vs the 351. Whats the deal with all of the different 351s? now the 351 is a good engine but why couldn't they make up their minds whether to use the windsor, cleveland or "The M"?
Or, at least make the parts interchange. Now the 350 Chevy. Easy to work on, most of the parts are interchangeable with any of the small block Chevys no mater what the year excluding the vortex and like. I think most people will agree that the small block chevy is the best choice for roadsters and such if only for cost and parts availibity. As far as trannys go I think that the GM 700R4 would not even make a good boat anchor. And I'll leave that at that Now for the best all time vehicle. My vote has to go with the Suburban 4X4 ; GMC or Chevy doesn't make a differance. I think it has the best
weight ratio of any vehicle produced. By that I mean they put more weight over the rear wheels where it belongs to get the maximum traction instead of having to rely on the front wheels to do most of the work in low traction situations. I would like to know why Ford took so long to make something to compete with the Suburban? With that said I don't have anything against Ford I just prefer Chevy, But never ask me to give up my 47 Ford because you will have a fight on your hands!!!! By the way my 47 is going to stay all Ford. Looking to put a 1977 Lincoln 460 in it.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:19 AM
Pkupman82
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chevy Fan

About those 351 engines... the Cleveland and the "M" are interchangeable with the 400. And the Windsor is interchangeable with the 289 and 302. Only major differences in these engines is bore and stroke. I have to agree about the Suburbans, those darn things things are heavy! I pulled two of those tanks out of the mud with my 84 F150 4wd, and she was working pretty hard doin it! Reason being on such a huge power difference in your compact pickups engine size, more displacement ...more power

Search this Thread