Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 AM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Well... bent isn't really what I'd call it.

Attachment 149281
I suppose it is at a bit of an angle. However, it is way longer than a Ford one. You can see it pass right by the brake pedal arm.

Attachment 149279
I had a member on here helping me(he did a lot of the work) and his idea was to make an "extension" of sorts. Works well enough but I feel like it's a weak link.

Attachment 149280
You can see where it bolts to the pedal arm, the other bolt toward the top of the photo is where the rod bolts to. Normally that bolts to the pedal arm like a Ford one would. This was just way too long so we had to improvise.

Ok so it still works fine? I was worried about the angle.

Here is mine

Name:  20160602_211401_zpssprghaxo.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  800.9 KB

Old 06-03-2016, 12:06 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
About as well as expected. Due to the booster not being a Ford unit, it doesn't work 100% as far as I know. But the pedal doesn't hit the floor when I try to brake. I count that as a victory. Yours should be ok, although when you push the pedal, the handle might become more extreme. I'm not entirely sure. Only thing I can suggest is lay under there and work the pedal by hand to see if it binds up. I don't think it will though.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:07 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
It isnt much.

What lines did you use for your swap? Guess im going to have to get some made for mine

Old 06-03-2016, 01:55 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not boring today! Radiator blew out as I pulled in the garage. That'll be fun to replace in 105° weather!

Old 06-03-2016, 05:51 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Well, finally got my transmission the other day from Ford. I've had another truck in the stall but got it wrapped up today. (A knock sensor in a 2005 F150 5.4 is not fun!) Probably gonna start on it Monday. We're expecting storms Sun., Mon. and Tuesday, so it will be perfect weather to be working on it. It has been HOT here in SW Florida!!!
Anyway.....there's the update!

Old 06-03-2016, 08:09 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I painted some parts today but ran out of ambition before I took any pics so those will have to wait.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:29 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
It isnt much.

What lines did you use for your swap? Guess im going to have to get some made for mine
I would try using the lines that came with it if you have them still. I used the lines that were with the booster but I had to get one flare nut refitted from the booster to the steering box. I guess newer GM lines don't have the same sized nut. The lines I snagged when I got my Sag pump fit perfectly. I need a new line to be made due to burning a hole in the rubber on accident. I'd also like to figure out how to tidy up the lines so they don't look as bad.

Considering I'll be swapping it for a Ford unit, I'll wait to replace the line till that happens. That way I'm not wasting money on custom lines.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:51 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I would try using the lines that came with it if you have them still. I used the lines that were with the booster but I had to get one flare nut refitted from the booster to the steering box. I guess newer GM lines don't have the same sized nut. The lines I snagged when I got my Sag pump fit perfectly. I need a new line to be made due to burning a hole in the rubber on accident. I'd also like to figure out how to tidy up the lines so they don't look as bad.

Considering I'll be swapping it for a Ford unit, I'll wait to replace the line till that happens. That way I'm not wasting money on custom lines.
I'm just wondering why you would swap out what you have already done to a Ford unit and redo all of your work? Why not just fine tune what you already have? Lots of people use the chebby parts and have no problems. I am going to try and stay with my vacuum booster for now since I upgraded to dual piston disc brakes all the way around. If I need more brake upgrade once I get the Bronco on the road I guess I'll look at a hydro boost swap then.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:51 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
My e450 booster required no spacer. Pretty much fits as is.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:25 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bigzirb
I'm just wondering why you would swap out what you have already done to a Ford unit and redo all of your work? Why not just fine tune what you already have? Lots of people use the chebby parts and have no problems. I am going to try and stay with my vacuum booster for now since I upgraded to dual piston disc brakes all the way around. If I need more brake upgrade once I get the Bronco on the road I guess I'll look at a hydro boost swap then.
What Manfred said, the Ford Hydroboost unit has already been "modified" by Ford to work. I'll only have to open up the bolt holes on my F350 MC to fit it. And I'll be able to use the stock mounting for the pedal rod instead of an "extension".

For clarification, I'm not swapping back to a vac booster, there are some Fords that had a Hydro unit from factory. That's what I'm after .

Old 06-05-2016, 12:09 AM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Is the pressure port on our 70s bronco steering gear box a 5/16?

Old 06-05-2016, 04:28 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I'll be honest, I don't actually know the sizes. I threw lines on and they fit. I had to get the one fitting changed.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:31 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
Is the pressure port on our 70s bronco steering gear box a 5/16?
I did find this. Looks like 5/16 inverted flare.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/.../233225?page=1

Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
new rear brakes on the 95 bronco. Just didn't get the chance to adjust them yesterday.
also picked up some speakers and a pioneer stereo for the 95 bronco.
Trav

Old 06-08-2016, 03:27 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
OK.....2nd trans in! Thank you Ford! No thanks to the local dealer!
New fuel pump, hanger and level installed! Thanks Bronco Graveyard!
A/C charged up (no leaks) and chilling!
Ive got a slight hesitation/miss just off idle. I thought it was the TPS because the wires looked lij they had been chewed on. I cleaned the throttle body and the AIC motor. Throttle body was nasty!
Still have the problem. No codes.
Any ideas?? EGR need cleaning too???
Anyway......Bronco is back on the road!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?