1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Old 04-16-2016, 12:53 PM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least you have an end date!! Wish I did!

Bought the back half of a 1996 Bronco today and will have it towed Monday to the shop so assembly can get started. Why is it what people say changes from one minute to the next? The junk guy has said three different things to the same question. What ever happened to honesty?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Greedyb
New User
Originally Posted by Thunderhorn
Alright, so i dont mean to brag, (not that this will really count as bragging) or rather i dont usually try to one-up people with a story, but I will in this case! When I got my first Bronco when I was 16 it had been abandoned on my parents property for a couple years and there was random odball things left inside it like drug paraphernalia, t-shirts and all sorts of unsavory things left from the PO. but best of all there was grass growing out of the dirt that was accumulated inside the truck and full on mushrooms growing from the carpet! the great thing is that i didnt throw any of the interior away, I just took it all out and pressure washed, machine washed, carpet shampooed, and then pressure washed again and everything ended up being relatively stain free! But THAT, was FILTHY!
Yeah. That's filthy.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Greedyb
New User
Meguiar's Hot Shine Reflect

Came up nice.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:00 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Originally Posted by Greedyb
This truck is FILTHY! Stopped and picked up some Meguiar's Hot Shine Reflect for the tires to finish up the initial wash job from the other day. Now it at looks like my ride should on the outside. Aside from the rust. I'll get to that. Started wiping down the interior. Did I mention this truck is FILTHY?

Small sample of the interior

Fiddled around with the ignition. I think I may have gotten it rigged up so it will get me by without draining the battery until I get it replaced. Gave it a jump with the Mustang and let the battery recharge for a little while. Not to crazy to be doing this until almost 10 at night in the dark. It's just I've waited a long time to get my hands on her and once I get started.....I did stop to eat.
I see your leather is just as bad as my Bronco! Mine sat for probably OVER 3 years before I got it! The Florida sun just destroyed the leather! I had to replace my ignition switch too....as well as the shift tube in the column and the shift cable! They get so gummed up from the years of dirt and grime build up.

Bronco looks good cleaned up!!

Old 04-16-2016, 10:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by broncoprincess
Thanks for the tip! This is like a film left from using too much Rainx product I believe. Makes a glare that is difficult to drive with at night.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do while Baby Princess is ripped apart and gutted? Thought about adding sound deadener, but still want to hear engine, tires and some road noise. Thought about removing carpet, spraying a Rhino liner in and then velcroing carpet pieces back in so I can remove carpet while mudding and then just spray her out. I will not EVER do this again, so any advice on preventative measures would be helpful. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks in advance!!
That is a film I can't say I've tried to fix. A razor might not fix that. I was thinking some crappy tint job or something. For that, you might try rubbing alcohol on a rag. Alternatively buy some 0000 super fine steel wool and use that after washing the window. Use some soapy water and gently scrub the window. I'd use it on a small section before moving to the whole thing. Some people have issues with scratches forming after use.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:59 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Also, I picked up my wheels today. The guy happen to be near by today. They seem to be in nice shape aside from being dirty. When I get a chance I'll start cleaning. I'm told they are 15x10, and so far I can't see any markings indicating a brand or size.

Name:  IMG_20160416_141555.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  2.46 MB

Old 04-17-2016, 01:44 AM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Thanks for the tip! This is like a film left from using too much Rainx product I believe. Makes a glare that is difficult to drive with at night.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do while Baby Princess is ripped apart and gutted? Thought about adding sound deadener, but still want to hear engine, tires and some road noise. Thought about removing carpet, spraying a Rhino liner in and then velcroing carpet pieces back in so I can remove carpet while mudding and then just spray her out. I will not EVER do this again, so any advice on preventative measures would be helpful. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks in advance!!
Nail polish remover or 91%+ isopropyl alcohol will get rid of the film. Rino lining is a good idea, I would get rubber/plastic mats vs carpet though.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:47 AM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer
Nail polish remover or 91%+ isopropyl alcohol will get rid of the film. Rino lining is a good idea, I would get rubber/plastic mats vs carpet though.
Thanks for the tip!!
I would use Velcro to adhere the carpet and take it out when there is a possibility of getting it too dirty.
Already have have rubber floor mats. Have looking to replace them with ones that are exactly the same, but can't seem to find them. They say "built ford tough" in the center are black.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:49 AM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
That is a film I can't say I've tried to fix. A razor might not fix that. I was thinking some crappy tint job or something. For that, you might try rubbing alcohol on a rag. Alternatively buy some 0000 super fine steel wool and use that after washing the window. Use some soapy water and gently scrub the window. I'd use it on a small section before moving to the whole thing. Some people have issues with scratches forming after use.
Thanks for the tip! Dish detergent and laundry detergent along with hand soap didn't word. Also used the green kitchen scrubby and nothing. What about paint thinner?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:30 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
I got my modified OC mounted back up after a LOT of tinkering to get the clearance for the rocker switches. I have an override to force the fans to stay ON or OFF, and a master power switch that must be ON for the rockers in the dash that control things like axle lockers to engage. The symbols are supposed to light up only when the switch is ON, and the text lights up with dash lighting. The flex-a-lite fan controller is apparently backfeeding power to my switches at the moment and causing the symbols to stay on at all times. I'll have to add a diode for each switch to fix this.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:51 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Pulled the trigger and purchased an ARB for the TTB D50 front going under my '91 bronco. Got my VHF, 2mtr ham radio installed and tested. Been using the '78 to move trailer around, cleaning up 3 years of bark and debris.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:21 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks for the tip! Dish detergent and laundry detergent along with hand soap didn't word. Also used the green kitchen scrubby and nothing. What about paint thinner?
Some say lighter fluid may even work. Found this though.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r274...-my-windshield

You could try paint thinner as well, just be careful

Old 04-18-2016, 06:25 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cranked mine and drove it around the yard for the first time in months. Still not sure if I want to sell it, keep it or give it to 1 of my sons. My oldest expressed interest in it a while back but hasn't said anything else about it. My Beautiful Bride tells me to do whatever I want.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:09 PM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Some say lighter fluid may even work. Found this though.

[Help] How to get f@%$^%@ing Rain-X off my windshield! - Automotive | DSLReports Forums

You could try paint thinner as well, just be careful
Thanks for the tips!!! You ROCK!! I greatly appreciate the help. So few people are helpful nowadays.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:11 PM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
I cranked mine and drove it around the yard for the first time in months. Still not sure if I want to sell it, keep it or give it to 1 of my sons. My oldest expressed interest in it a while back but hasn't said anything else about it. My Beautiful Bride tells me to do whatever I want.
Keep it and make it a project truck! That's what everybody needs! If your oldest wants to make it his project that would be better!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?