Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 03:28 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for Walmart

Technically Sams Club but its all owned by Walmart corp. The managers suck, the general manager sucks, the team leads... But its paying my bills and adding pennies to the bucket I call savings.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
At least you're WORKING Dylan. It may not be an exciting job, but it's a job, and that's way better than most folks your age. I think that makes you just a little bit cooler.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:43 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Aww gee thanks pa! Hehe, nah I get it. Having 2 jobs is better than one till you realize how much you miss time. My other job is once a week but I've been at it for over 2 years.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:35 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is great to be working Dylan.As Mike said there are a LOT of young folks who dont want to contribute to society. If it doesnt involve using their 2 thumbs in some way they are not interested. My youngest son (20) just got his third job he has ever had. The last 2 were seasonal and he didnt get enough hours to survive hardly. If he wasnt so cheap he wouldnt have been able to make it on his own. He now gets 40 a week and doesnt know what to do with all the extra $$ (insert snicker here) I wonder what is going to happen to this country in the next 20 years when the 30-50 year olds working now are all retired. I am in construction and I have to just about beg someone to take a job. They think they have a new hammer and a nail bag and deserve to make what I do after 34 years experience.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I did nothing to the Bronco today. I did find this overpriced, ugly stickered one locally. Or within a couple hours of home.

1978 Ford Bronco - Castanet Classifieds

Old 04-12-2015, 04:04 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
It is great to be working Dylan.As Mike said there are a LOT of young folks who dont want to contribute to society. If it doesnt involve using their 2 thumbs in some way they are not interested. My youngest son (20) just got his third job he has ever had. The last 2 were seasonal and he didnt get enough hours to survive hardly. If he wasnt so cheap he wouldnt have been able to make it on his own. He now gets 40 a week and doesnt know what to do with all the extra $$ (insert snicker here) I wonder what is going to happen to this country in the next 20 years when the 30-50 year olds working now are all retired. I am in construction and I have to just about beg someone to take a job. They think they have a new hammer and a nail bag and deserve to make what I do after 34 years experience.
I've had a job since I was a few months out of high school. Too dumb for college so I'll find a trade maybe. I did plumbing for about 3 months or so, I wasn't a fan. I don't take to kindly to getting talked down to. Sure its the way it used to be and in some places, still is but I don't handle it well. Then I get angry and don't do my job as well. The plumbing one was a small family owned company where I started as an apprentice. The owner was a relatively nice guy if you did your job but his son (co-owner) wasn't the nicest. He had a gruff attitude and if I didn't know something, I felt like he thought I was stupid for it.

In the end I didn't feel like I could stay there long enough without opening my mouth and getting in trouble. The dealership I worked at was my first job, I was young and knew everything so I tried to argue with the boss a lot. In hindsight, it was stupid, the job wasn't great but it was kind of cool.

Now, I've had this job for almost 2 years, its not great but I deal with it. The other job is just a weekend thing. My manager there is really cool and over the 2.5 years I've been there, they have had a tough time keeping workers. Its a gas station so the people there never had a great work ethic. Which is understandable. I don't want to leave them high and dry missing cashiers and a stocker..

Related to the thread, when I was about 2 weeks into the apprenticeship plumbing thing, my tire fell off my 78.. That was quite a disaster.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
The only thing I did to the Bronco over the weekend was burn some gas through it

Old 04-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I think I may do that this afternoon.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:40 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at the Bronco and really wanted to work on it.
Then I sighed and went to clean up all the stuff stacked by the travel trailer that my wife has been complaining about forever. I only cleaned it up because the meter reader can't squeeze past it to read the meter anymore, but don't tell my wife that.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

I need to do a rear main seal. It's getting pretty annoying.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Well......Bronco is still in the garage. (Getting closer!) My youngest son joined the Marines. He's in bootcamp at Parris Island and hopefully graduates in June. Been working on a website so most of my time has been dedicated to that but have been doing "little" things getting it ready for the road.
It's amazing that when a vehicle sits for 3+ years how much stuff goes to crap! Almost everything rubber or plastic was garbage! Age and SW Florida heat I guess.
Going to repack the front bearings tomorrow and do break pads. My plans on doing a SAS hasn't happened with all the stuff that has transpired. I figured "here's your sign!" Maybe later down the road!
I just want to get it out of my garage and ON THE ROAD!!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:23 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I know how that feels Matt. I want my 78 driving again. The guy who has my hydroboost setup is waiting on me to get the bronco there so we can install it. My issue is, it probably wouldn't make the hour long journey in the current shape. I need to reseal my intake and tune it so I can idle without it dying. Then, ground wires so it can start, then drive to his shop and do the brakes...

Old 04-17-2015, 09:32 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
You should get that wrapped up before lunch Dylan! Rich and I could fling it to the brake guys place too, so that's an option.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

We really don't want to "fling" Dylans bronco. It's way too nice for that.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I know how that feels Matt. I want my 78 driving again. The guy who has my hydroboost setup is waiting on me to get the bronco there so we can install it. My issue is, it probably wouldn't make the hour long journey in the current shape. I need to reseal my intake and tune it so I can idle without it dying. Then, ground wires so it can start, then drive to his shop and do the brakes...
Yea....I've got to get it going before June when my son graduates boot camp because he says he's going to take his car to wherever he gets stationed for training. He's home for 10 days and then he goes to Camp Lejeune in NC.
Anyway, just wrapping stuff up and putting stuff back together right now. Going to repack the front wheel bearings today, new seals and brake pads. I can't believe tranny fluid is so expensive! Autozone has Valvoline or Castrol by the gallon for $20. I think it needs 17-18 quarts with the big cooler i've got on it. Thanks for reminding me about the battery cables....I've got to make me up a new positive cable!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?