Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to get my 79 back...ZF5/NP205 twin stick, Hydroboost braking system, saginaw pump, rear disc brakes, new 468....oh man....someone get me a towel.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Deadsquiggles
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, I dropped my bronco off at the mechanic yesterday to diagnose the stuttering or whatever you wanna call it. He called back today and the cats are clogged up and it's forcing the exhaust to try and travel backwards. So now I need new cats. I'm not sure how many are on these trucks, but whatever happens, I figure nows a good time to run dual exhaust.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 AM
blackjack33
Senior User
Installed a new fuel pump and soft lines.
Didn't fix the problem...probably have to drop the tank.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Deadsquiggles
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I should be picking it up today. Two new cats, new y pipe, and a new Super 44 muffler getting put on.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Finished running all of the accesory wiring. The lights on my Lund visor work for the first time since I owned it. Evicted a wasp nest from the visor,wife noticed it before I bumped it. had yo be 4 inchces from it at one point! Glad they were in lazy mode. Solenoid and actuator switch are wired as well as wiring for future front air locker. Fixed the tear in the headliner, sewed it with some thread for now. It should hold till I can get some new material.Run new spedo cable and installed the VSS on t-case. No plug for the 4X4 indicator on the 205. Oh well, I could rig some micro switches near the shift rails if I wanted to.
I can't wait to test this thing on a trail!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 AM
FoxFord33
Senior User
congrats, man! Sounds like it's coming together.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:57 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Again the wiring stops me. I have 2 wires on the engine side to connect, no idea where they go. I ended up using a 5.8 harness pulled from a '90 F250 that was scrapped. I had saved all of the wiring from EEC forward.
any hoow I'm not sure where to run the orange wire and a red wire with a broken blue stripe. Orange wire appears to be grounded the engine block. and not conected directly to any other wires. I don't feel like pulling the harness apart to trace it out.

Another wire that is confusing me is a lt blue/yellow stripe on the '91 side of the harness. It can be seen here.

The other wires not traced out to source yet are white/pink, and a yellow/red. These 3 are on the '91 harness.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:32 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Well.....after a "Bronco" hiatus.......I figure it's time to get back on track. Decided that even though one ton drive train would be really cool.....getting the Bronco back on the road would be SO much cooler!!! I feel I've fallen prey to "Gee!!! That would be so cool in my truck syndrome!" I HATE when that happens!! (I think that's the kid in me!) How easily we are distracted!!

Anyway, I got under the Bronco and noticed that the rear seal didn't quite look right...so I replaced it again with a little bit higher quality one. I saw one of the freeze plugs on the back of one of the heads looked a little "funky", so I knocked it out and replaced it. I noticed that the engine has been out before, or at least apart. New oil pan, intake and head gaskets. I'm thinking maybe a short block???

Found a Dana 44 in a 79 Bronco. I've got dibs on anything I need out of it. Then a friend called me and told me he has a Dana 44 out of a 78 Bronco!! I guess I'll pick the better one. Calling a tranny shop tomorrow morning and gonna get my tranny to him.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Sounds like good progress. More than ive done, I've been filling the cab with junk. Ive got 2 bumpers and 2 slider windows for the top. However, I don't even think I want them anymore. I've sorta, changed my decision.. I would rather have a soft top. I know a place that makes them.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
blackjack33
Senior User
I didn't do a thing to my Bronco today. I'd planned a trip to the car wash today, needed the pressure washer...that didn't happen.

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I would rather have a soft top. I know a place that makes them.
A local place? Send me the info if you'd be so kind.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
I opened the hood, poked at a few wires with the DVM then banged my head on the grill gaurd repeatedly in frustration! Well not yet but it's getting to that point. I did find out that the red with blue dash is tied into the dk green/ yellow which is the SPOUT and IDM wire. I think that relates to the white/ pink wire on the '91 harness. I am going to write up the wiring on the '91 F150 at work, and try to find a '90 F250 with the 5.8 as well. Also searching for something better then the Haynes wireing pictures.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by blackjack33
I didn't do a thing to my Bronco today. I'd planned a trip to the car wash today, needed the pressure washer...that didn't happen.

A local place? Send me the info if you'd be so kind.

I wish, they are based out of New York. They make a tonneau cover type thing. I'll have to find the site but I can link to you. I wish they were here they need a 78 bronco to use as a "model" to make the tops for 78-9.

EDIT: here is the link http://www.aro2000.com/bronco_camper.htm

Its a "Fastback" style top. I kind of like the way it looks.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 AM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally took the pile of stuff that had been stacked on the engine off and realized how much work I have left to do. It is a bit depressing. I'm off next week to install some flooring in the house so i hope to get done quickly so I can give the Bronco some love.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I wish, they are based out of New York. They make a tonneau cover type thing. I'll have to find the site but I can link to you. I wish they were here they need a 78 bronco to use as a "model" to make the tops for 78-9.

EDIT: here is the link bronco tonneau

Its a "Fastback" style top. I kind of like the way it looks.
I know what place you are talking about, but I'm drawing a blank on the name. I know for my 96' it's like $1,200 without the rollbar that holds the top.

I thought JBG sold them for the 78/9?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:32 AM
blackjack33
Senior User
Washed, clay bar'd, cleaner wax'd & hard wax'd the entire truck...polished the wheels x5.
Still not done, tomorrow I'll work on the inside, vac & detail & dress out the rubber.

Now, kickin' back, surfin' the interwebs, & enjoying a cold one.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?