Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
i did nothing again. wheres the ashamed smilie.?
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encho View Post
You left the lugnuts loose, how can you be sure? check the stud holes in your rim, you'll see the studs filed them... I did that once with one front tire, luckily I only messed the rotor, the tire and the rim, and my insurance paid for the damages on the taxi my tire decided to visit. BTW, check that tire for deformations, if it has any then it's a goner, and if the rim holes are filed you'll need to have it replaced or repaired (I would use it for the spare as I did with my repaired rim).

P.S.: You're and idiot (me too), and I'm glad you didn't get hurt nor hurted someone else.
Haha I know it

Btw what did you mean by "filed lug holes"? Like out of round ones? Mine are pretty chewed up from the lugnuts cutting into them. I planned on asking my boss if he had any 15x8 steelies that he doesn't want. He said he had a 9" rear end that the inards are toast on and he said I can pick parts off it for mine if I need too, he also has a lot of rims to repair the plumbing trucks/vans. I could get 4 of those and keep one of my aluminum ones as a spare (as you suggest) but I still have an issue of finding a place for the spare. I kind of like those roof baskets that some jeeps have where they have a tire and fuel but I don't know how they look on a bronco. I don't have room inside for a 35 to hang around.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Senior User

ywhic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an old school 4 way (gotta be 16-18 across) and use the creaking noise approach when putting on lugs.. when it creaks or groans just once I stop..

I need to get a 5 pack of lug nuts though.. I have some of the 'chrome ones' on my factory AL wheels that have like split thin covers.. and putting the lug wrench on all the way can't happen..

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Picked up the crap in the console and the rear and classified it, I spent more than 5 hours doing so. Now it's almost empty. I also isolated the A/C hoses and dryer to make the system more efficient. Finally, installed some trim clips that were missing, sadly some didn't go all the way in.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Did rear brakes(shoes, hardware, wheel cylinders)

Found IDIOT who put the 4.56 gears and locker in did not properly torque things. Lost 2 of the ring gear bolts. When they got tossed around they beat up the VSS gear and punched a hole in the cover. Pinion bearing is also done as well.

Installed rear sway bar. I relocated the frame side of the end link to compensate for the lift block.

Changed the 5 speed and t-case fluid as well
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Changed the oil and filter, replced the fuel filter,belt and tensioner on the 96. Getting it ready for road trip in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 AM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Just an hour and a half ago I received the OD button and cap and installed them on the shifter lever, it's nice to have all that working properly. Keeping the old button surely would have hurt the new trans since at times it activated/deactivated randomly (thankfully it never did at highway speeds, and I took it out once it got worse).
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 AM
New User

Kasper78Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replace PVS switch on manifold, tightended up collector bolts, installed a seal in the transmission linkage that I forgot on the rebuild, put a new c clip on the throttle linkage that kept falling of, checked torgue on the manifold, and installed a port on the carb. Then spent 5 hours attempting to get the vacuum lines, EGR, PVS, amplifier, cannisters, check valves all hooked up. What a fiasco that was...somewhere there's a vacuum leak. Wound up putting it back to before starting, and it runs worse; but sometimes idling on a new build will foul a plug since the rings aren't completly sealed...or so I've heard.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Bet you ****ted on yerself Dylan. Lol.

Glad yer ok.

Buy a cordless impact gun.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
Changed the oil and filter, replced the fuel filter,belt and tensioner on the 96. Getting it ready for road trip in a couple of weeks.
Where r u goin?

Trucks Gone Wild will be in Hortense on the 16th. Im thinkin about going BuT idk.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Posting Guru

1_ton_bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dylan had to **** himself... Lol...
Started to undercoat the frame.. Did another shock.. And new hardware... All new vacuum lines with rubber hoses.. 5/32 or 4mm... Swapped tires from my 96 to my 93 since a 10.5 and Dana 50 swap is going to happen.. Get r done!!!
Timing cover next on the list
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Postmaster

What are u coatin yer frame with?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Posting Guru

1_ton_bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just stuff from lowes lol nothing special..
Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
Where r u goin?

Trucks Gone Wild will be in Hortense on the 16th. Im thinkin about going BuT idk.

Going to Ellijay the 1st weekend in April.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
yeah it was scary. But an impact gun is the reason this all happened. The pneumatic one I have didn't tighten them as much as I thought.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco