Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of Headers I've heard good things about Hooker Headers HOWEVER, I payed over $200 for a set off Summit about 1.5 years ago and finally one day I decided to try to get them on then get the exhaust done. Turns out they don't fit at all. They hang down into the path of the front DL (mine is removed) and wouldn't sit against the head. Returns are out of the question so now they sit with 3" collectors, gaskets + Hardware, and the box they came in. I've tried selling them with pretty much no luck. Summit had matched it to my truck and motor and said it would work on the site.

I'm not super concerned about it, I got the exhaust done anyways with stock Mans. and it still sounds good.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Get maddog headers and get them coated by nitroplate.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:36 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I plan o get into the header thing eventually. As with everything. Today however, I walked by TGM to get tot he recycle bin and noticed just how dirty it's gotten. I will have to change that. But not till there is a decent day.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
Get maddog headers and get them coated by nitroplate.
Is Nitroplate just a higher end ceramic coating? I checked out there website before asking what it was.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 AM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Fordman96
Is Nitroplate just a higher end ceramic coating? I checked out there website before asking what it was.
There's jet hot and nitro plate and a few other ceramic coating companies. Jet hot is more expensive but has a "lifetime" warranty on their coatings. I've read mixed reviews on them and decided to try nitro plate. Nitro plate looks to have mostly great reviews. Yet to see a bad one. They're cheaper than jet hot but only have a 3 yr warranty. Going to coat $250 to coat my headers and $38 shipping.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:40 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
I used the L&L kit to put the 460 in my '78, everything fit fine and had no trouble till I went to use the AC pump mount, it was warped from the weld and that caused the idler to be way out of alignment.
I finally have the 5.8 in front of the garage. Fixed an antifreeze leak around timing cover and water pump. I think I should redo the thermostat gasket too. Next step will be to pull the damaged 5.0 from the '91 and drop the trans to make way for the ZF and the 5.8. Pinion yoke should be on doorstep tomorrow for the 10.25 rear project. Hopefully I can get back to setting that up. (Yukon Zip locker with 4.56 gears).

Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Parked it.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Zip
Parked it.
what he said.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Jwetzel181
New User
Hey guys, im new to this site and i just bought a 1979 ford bronco a couple weeks ago. This past weekend i decided to tackle the rust repair on the passenger side floorboards. I bought the floor pan replacement from LMC truck. I also bought the cab support mounts from Bronco graveyard. I only have experience from my senior auto collision class back in high school so i dont think it was that bad for a beginner. just wanted to hear what you guys think about it. I still need to do the driver side yet but i was wondering if anyone else has had the problem of the cross member that runs above the transmission to be rusted out at the ends by the passenger and the drivers side. you can see on the photos what im talking about. whats the best way to replace that? like i said i got some replacement parts from bronco graveyard but i wasnt sure if they were the right ones so i just modified them to fit and welded them in place. Thanks.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
That's some weird patching there, but it's a nice result, anyway it won't be at plain sight so I'm sure you now have a decent and sturdy floor, good going. I bought a couple of additional jackstands, so my truck is now fully suspended (since the previous weekend), this to prevent the tires from failing due to deformation. I'm just accumulating some parts while I wait for my driveshaft parts to do all the mechanical repairs my truck needs. There are some rust spots that need work ASAP too, but I'll get to that after the truck is back on the road. Apparently my battery is also dead and there is some important coolant leak in the engine, so I need to address all that, and then some more...

Old 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Jwetzel181
New User
Thanks, yeah its going to cover it up with carpet or one of the vinyl floor mats that LMC has. I still need to replace a few spots back in the cargo area that are rusted through, have the parts ordered from LMC so hopefully they should be here by the beginning of next week.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
I almost have the 5.0 unbolted from the '91. Pulling the engine, transmission and the t-case. Looks like I'll have to rewire the engine harness for certain. Then will need to check compatability of my accessory brackets, air compressor and smog pump elimantor. Since my clutch slave and clutch are not too old I'll inspect and reuse them. Also need to check to see if the sensors will interchange. Should have diss assembly finished soon. At least this phase of it.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Found this while searching the classifieds for a bronco shell for my 96'. Thought it was something neat to share. He changed the description from last time it was posted though.

Ted Nugents 79 Bronco Sale or Trade

Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fordman96
Found this while searching the classifieds for a bronco shell for my 96'. Thought it was something neat to share. He changed the description from last time it was posted though.

Ted Nugents 79 Bronco Sale or Trade
That's neat. We have a member (EdgeThis) who used to have a newer Zebra stripe Bronco. He had to sell it before he moved due to having too many vehicles to move but, he has a build thread that is a pretty good read.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
That's neat. We have a member (EdgeThis) who used to have a newer Zebra stripe Bronco. He had to sell it before he moved due to having too many vehicles to move but, he has a build thread that is a pretty good read.
Yeah I remember. I followed it pretty closely.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?