Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Senior User

Yeehaw1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nankuronisa
Brought the new bronc home, pics tommorow maybe... 38x14.5x15 tires don't fit well on my trailer...
Fords - 1978 2wd F100, 1978 F250 Supercab 4x4, 1978 F150 shortbed 4x4 32k origanal miles, 2x 1978 Bronco - Toyotas - Forum Profile - 1987 4wd 22RE (Yeehaw), 1989 4wd SAS 20R - Chevys - 1958 Apache - (Drag Racing Vehicles) 1987 355 V8 S10 with a powerglide...
West Virginia Chapter Member!!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Posting Guru

1_ton_bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
14.5 wide tires are big...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_ton_bronco View Post
noo look at mine lol
1963 f100 "Kona Blue" slick
Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Posting Guru

ErrorS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I should be posting in this thread

Yesterday I replaced my driver's side door pins, cleaned out some of the inside and sprayed the inside panels of my rear fenders with rubber coatings, then tightened a seat bolt.

Today, I've run a few electrical tests on my EGR and sensor and EVR. I think I have my EVR's vacuum hose flipped.. also going to go tighten some screws in my door panels, possibly go with bigger ones and add silicon to them so they wont loosen.

Run codes first, ask questions later.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Thats more than i have done.. I looked at my bronco and thought "Maybe i should work on it today" But got side tracked because someone called about my ranger... Eh maybe tomorrow or something haha.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Posting Guru

ErrorS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Today I broke off a rear shock mount jumping it.. also popped out my driver side coil spring after a jump and had to put it back in on the trail.
Bent up my insulator washer so now that has to be replaced!

Run codes first, ask questions later.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Posting Guru

Sick.. you gotta show me some pics of that jump mr errors.

Um.. cut the cat off and welded a side exit exhaust right infront of passengers door.. before front fender.. sounds really good without mufflers lol
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Elder User

bigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud of
Went to the hardware store and bought two 5/16 fine thread lock nuts and put them on the clutch master cylinder. I need to take the pedal assembly out and paint all of the parts I welded and fabbed under there. Umm, tomorrow...
2nd trans cooler, replaced regular fan with electric fan (increased MPG by 1.1mpg towing) Trans temp gauge, Voltage gauge, and Vacuum gauge mounted in 3 gauge driver pillar pod, Custom Safari Rack, Full size spare on the rack
1978 Bronco 460, NP435, BW1345, Dana 44HD/ Dana 60, 40's "project"
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I'm parking my truck inside my residences now, so I sleep a little better now. I parked outside in the street before, so it's an improvement.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Well I planned on figuring out my engine miss but mother nature decided it would rain today... I did get hot chocolate though
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Found a ZF to replace my M5-going-bad trans, bought a tierod to fix the steering, was given a pair of Air lift bags for rear springs and a used rear window. I am hoping to clear the garage this week and do 10 hours of wrenching on my '91.
1978 Custom Bronco

It aint built to go fast! It's built to get there!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Oh joy, air bags... Are you planning to use them?
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Elder User

NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ryan Vaillancourt
I did this on Sunday, just a few sections of video I threw together. It was fun youll see I went to fast over the bumps and everything in the back of my truck went airborn lol

Offroading in the Bronco - YouTube
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...o-lift-it.html
"Live Free or Die"
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

well I finally did something today, I dragged TGM out of his hole and drove it. I went and dumped $50 into its tank so that I have gas to drive around in. as I checked out the miss I have, I pretty much can tell it is on the passenger side. I pulled the cap and rotor and cleaned the contacts then made sure the wires and posts on the cap were clean. So far that hasn't changed anything so next I plan to pull the 4 spark plugs on that side and see what they look like. That's about the only thing I can think of now.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Posting Guru

wire brushed and painted rear section of frame.. Started to clean my rear end out.. LOL..
I couldnt believe the gear oil in the rear end.. It looked like someone stuck sealer on and put fresh oil in it.. and left the truck in storage for years... came out clean with nothing in it.. REMEMBER this was a plow truck.. i scraped the frame and cleaned up about 5 gallon bucket worth of rust.. + shattered driveshaft..
New side exhaust exhaust.. open manifolds no cats nothing..
Quote:
noo look at mine lol
Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
wire brushed and painted rear section of frame.. Started to clean my rear end out.. LOL..
I couldnt believe the gear oil in the rear end.. It looked like someone stuck sealer on and put fresh oil in it.. and left the truck in storage for years... came out clean with nothing in it.. REMEMBER this was a plow truck.. i scraped the frame and cleaned up about 5 gallon bucket worth of rust.. + shattered driveshaft..
New side exhaust exhaust.. open manifolds no cats nothing..
Haha make sure your rear end is extra clean :P. I like the added not of "shattered driveshaft" it just sounds funny. I think if everything goes as I envision, I can clean the frame on TGM and get some paint or something on it. but how often do things go as planned...
Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM