Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 PM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have seen them and there are a set of 5 brand new 35 12.50 15 never been mounted for sale in Port St Joe (about 50 miles from here) But they look like they are a non symmetrical tread pattern and would have all the longer lugs on the outside on 1 side and the inside on the opposite side. I dont know if they make them right and left side or not. But the ones for sale are only $1200 for all 5, which is a killer deal from what I have seen. I just dont like the idea of them not looking the same on the truck.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I walked to the back yard and sat in it for awhile. Having bronco withdrawl ! when coming home from work something let go in the engine and I lost all oil pressure! Guess it's time to install the 5.8! Then the 3/4 ton axles, ZF trans and NP 205 t-case

Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
.... I am thinking about some new 33 13.50 swampers. ...... I'd rather have a mud tire and not need them than an all terrain and get stuck.....
I have the same theory, better to have them for the few times when you need them cause when you need them you REALLY need them. FWIW I'm very happy with my Interco(Swamper) TrXus MTs. They've done all I could ask of them off road with surprisingly good road manors for a swamper, and I'm really pleased how quiet they are.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:36 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I have seen them and there are a set of 5 brand new 35 12.50 15 never been mounted for sale in Port St Joe (about 50 miles from here) But they look like they are a non symmetrical tread pattern and would have all the longer lugs on the outside on 1 side and the inside on the opposite side. I dont know if they make them right and left side or not. But the ones for sale are only $1200 for all 5, which is a killer deal from what I have seen. I just dont like the idea of them not looking the same on the truck.
The MTR's are directional and are required to be mounted properly.

I don't know if you have a shop installing tires like I did but they should know what direction they go. $1200 for 5 is alright, I paid $954 for 4 of them after taxes and mount/balance fee. I don't have a 5th because I am cheap and don't have a jack to fit in this thing so I couldn't use a spare even if I wanted.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Finally got the damn alternator off so I can replace the voltage regulator, dropped one of the brushes and couldn't find the damn thing so had to walk to the store to get brushes But at least it's done now

Next on the agenda is having a shop look into my "thudding" on Monday.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
I was going to change ball joints, tie rods, drag link, track bar bushings, spindle bearings/seals and axle u-joints yesterday. Unfortunately my compressor blew a head gasket I think. Its an old dayton head unit and if I remember correctly it uses a copper gasket so I probably cant make 1. I will have to tear into it and see for sure so maybe I can find 1 to replace it with. She doesnt feel like they need to be replaced except for the passenger side tie rod, but I dont know when the parts were replaced if ever.On top of that, the hood struts package I ordered for my Beautiful Brides Navigator came in today but the package was all that came. The shipping envelope was torn and all that was in it was my invoice/receipt.I was really surprised the USPS delivered something so obviously screwed up. (SARCASM) Oh well. Maybe the good Lord wanted me to take the weekend off.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I was going to change ball joints, tie rods, drag link, track bar bushings, spindle bearings/seals and axle u-joints yesterday. Unfortunately my compressor blew a head gasket I think. Its an old dayton head unit and if I remember correctly it uses a copper gasket so I probably cant make 1. I will have to tear into it and see for sure so maybe I can find 1 to replace it with. She doesnt feel like they need to be replaced except for the passenger side tie rod, but I dont know when the parts were replaced if ever.On top of that, the hood struts package I ordered for my Beautiful Brides Navigator came in today but the package was all that came. The shipping envelope was torn and all that was in it was my invoice/receipt.I was really surprised the USPS delivered something so obviously screwed up. (SARCASM) Oh well. Maybe the good Lord wanted me to take the weekend off.
Does your wife happen to have an account here? Win a few brownie (garage time) points for a compliment? I getcha . I will be getting paid some money soon so after bills I can start pricing out brake lines. I need the line running to the rear axle and I need that brake warning sensor. Do auto part stores sell pre bent lines that long? If not I guess I'll be learning to double flare a steel tube..

Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Brake Light Warning Switch
This is the only place I know of that has them. You might do a search of "Bendix" or maybe "Raybestos" and find them. As far as the brake lines go you can buy them about any parts store. Again JBG has them prebent and ready to install. LMC most likely has them as well.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
It might be just me but it seems like a bad idea to ship a steel prebent line. I will see about getting one locally and how much the flare tools are.

I just checked the link you posted and all I could think of was "Golly!" hehe. Damn expensive there. I'll keep an eye out and check LMC for them and places like Rock Auto. Hopefully I'll find it a bit cheaper cause $30 for that is a lot of money... But, thanks nonetheless for posting it.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:21 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Lmc looks like a good place to get everything, the sensor is a bit cheaper on JBG but they offer a full kit for the pre-bent lines.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I walked out into the garage to work on the Bronco and then my wife called me back in the house for kiddo detail so she could go to her class. I will eventually get to work on it again...

Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Nothing today but yesterday was a hassle I took the truck into Midas because I thought my parking brake was sticking. The good news is that the parking brake is just fine and wasn't sticking

The bad news is that the brakes were so worn out, the rotors couldn't be machined any more So I had to buy a complete set of front brakes. But it gets better ... the shocks were never replaced and with 241K miles on them they obviously weren't working. So a set of new shocks added to the fun (6 in total 4 front 2 back). It was slightly amusing watching the techs tear down the brakes and shocks since all of the bolts were seized

But wait! There's more good news The worn out shocks up front cupped both front tires severely We estimate that I only have about 15% of the tread making contact with the asphalt at any given time. So they were nice enough to rotate the tires for free and that will be the next big ticket item for the truck.

Man I was pissed about how worn out the brakes were, she never drove like she had a brake problem. So I spent $1500 on parts and labor for complete brake set and 6 shocks, and now have to spend another $600+ for tires next month....yay

Old 09-19-2013, 12:22 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Haven't done much of anything!! Just got back into town from a trip to Arkansas to drive back a car for my daughter in law. Nice scenery......but I wouldn't recommend a drive that long in a Kia Rio!!! For ANYONE!!
Anyway......I looked at a family members 95 F150 short bed with a straight axle swap, 9" lift and 40" boggers. (I've thought about doing a SAS on my Bronco!) Nice truck.........but after riding in his....NO WAY would I do a SAS on my Bronco. The ride was horrible!! About made me seasick!! He had double shocks up front and singles on back. Everything looked good quality, but I couldn't stand it! Maybe it just shows I'm getting old also, but I like the ride of my independent front and will leave it that way. Worked a little this AM on installing the plugs in the thermactor holes in the back of the heads. What a pain! Done though.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MadMatt65
Haven't done much of anything!! Just got back into town from a trip to Arkansas to drive back a car for my daughter in law. Nice scenery......but I wouldn't recommend a drive that long in a Kia Rio!!! For ANYONE!!
Anyway......I looked at a family members 95 F150 short bed with a straight axle swap, 9" lift and 40" boggers. (I've thought about doing a SAS on my Bronco!) Nice truck.........but after riding in his....NO WAY would I do a SAS on my Bronco. The ride was horrible!! About made me seasick!! He had double shocks up front and singles on back. Everything looked good quality, but I couldn't stand it! Maybe it just shows I'm getting old also, but I like the ride of my independent front and will leave it that way. Worked a little this AM on installing the plugs in the thermactor holes in the back of the heads. What a pain! Done though.
SAS on my 1990 was the best thing ever.

They must've didn't do it right.

Get super flex coil springs and leaf pack or shackle flip from ruff stuff and some good shocks and you will fall in love with it.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:12 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
His bounced in the front WAY too much!! I'm sure he had the wrong coil springs.......maybe shocks too soft too. Anyway.....I thought I was going to have to take some Dramamine!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?