Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Posting Guru

1_ton_bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Proportion valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_ton_bronco View Post
noo look at mine lol
1963 f100 "Kona Blue" slick
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encho View Post
Proportion valve maybe?, it does seem wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_ton_bronco View Post
Proportion valve
Is that what it is? I figured it would be up built into the Master or something. So with this looking the way it is, would it be wise and cost effective to replace it? I need to clean it with some brake cleaner then let it dry and refill/bleed the brakes, then check on it to see for sure. If that's the case I will have to look at a replacement.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Used one of those headlight lens polishing kits to brighten up the headlights.

Before

And after, looks like the passenger side could use a little more polishing.

Jim
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
Used one of those headlight lens polishing kits to brighten up the headlights.

Before

And after, looks like the passenger side could use a little more polishing.

Jim

I read somewhere about using a clearcoat on plastic headlights, taillights, etc. Here are a couple of links.
How to restore plastic headlights
headlight restoration (also good for taiollights, marker lights, etc...)

I think the clearcoat thing would both look and last much longer. But you're doing a fine job too.
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:58 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
I think I read about that Dave. Though I thought I remembered reading that it didn't help a whole lot for some reason. like the clear wouldn't stay on the lights or something.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
I think I read about that Dave. Though I thought I remembered reading that it didn't help a whole lot for some reason. like the clear wouldn't stay on the lights or something.

I read that in there too. The guy said it was because the lens wasn't clean enough or scratched/ sanded enough in the spot where it was peeling. He also said that too few of them came back for him to change the way he prepped them. I think it was something like 3 returns in 10 years of doing them. I'm going to eventually do my taillights and markers when I finally get to that part with my truck, but I've got a long way to go.

Here's that link to that article. http://www.spiuserforum.com/showthre...ight=headlight
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah that's right. I guess if it's prepped right it will be fine. I've got glass sealed bulbs for my Bronco and plastic lenses. I'm not super worried about the lenses fading though.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Senior User

MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.
Finished the "HEATER BYPASS MOD" (thanks Bubba!) Got a little worried when I hooked up the vacuum, and nothing happened!! Found the vacuum leaks, multiple trips to different parts stores....(Thanks SO MUCH Autozone!) Anyway, got it finished up and repaired multiple vac leaks and now I'm chillin' like a villain!! Now on to more projects on the list!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:21 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

The other day I was fiddling around with my bronco and after filling my brake fluid back up, I decided to diag my vacuum leak. Turns out my Intake gasket is shot on the driver side. It's a small vacuum leak and I'll probably temporary seal it with RTV or something but it will get fixed when I can afford gaskets. I would like to get some nicer ones. The ones I got were kinda cheap. I'd also like to enterain the idea of actually getting gaskets for the front and back of the intake. When I put it together I just used a lot of RTV and it's messy.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Elder User

bigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud ofbigzirb has much to be proud of
I was elbow deep in wiring issues on my Excursion today so all I did to the Bronco was look at the new parts that arrived. My rear brake calipers arrived today along with the new master cylinder. Still waiting on the booster and brake line fittings so I can start making brake lines and bolting parts on. Too bad I work 12 hour days the next 3 days so I won't get to do much until Monday. I might get them prepped and painted this weekend if I'm lucky.
2nd trans cooler, replaced regular fan with electric fan (increased MPG by 1.1mpg towing) Trans temp gauge, Voltage gauge, and Vacuum gauge mounted in 3 gauge driver pillar pod, Custom Safari Rack, Full size spare on the rack
1978 Bronco 460, NP435, BW1345, Dana 44HD/ Dana 60, 40's "project"
Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
I'M SOL ON GETTING A MOTORCYCLE! BLAH!

Got to deal with the gas guzzling!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
I'M SOL ON GETTING A MOTORCYCLE! BLAH!

Got to deal with the gas guzzling!
Gas guzzling is a way of life! I put $25 in TGM from E and it got just above 1 quarter tank. I hope it gets me to the WAFTE truck meet this weekend.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 AM
New User

kennyds79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looked at it longingly and hoped that "life" would afford me some time in the near future to be able to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to it.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyds79 View Post
Looked at it longingly and hoped that "life" would afford me some time in the near future to be able to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to it.
You ain't about the kick the bucket are you?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:41 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I think he meant he's swamped with other occupations.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 07-26-2013, 12:41 PM