1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 F600 build thread "Abby"

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks guys

I turned on the email notification for when I get a PM so I'll be better at that. Still just got a lot to do to say the least, but it's getting done.

In the process of moving, had to finish a few things. Wasn't optional unfortunately. Should be on the road this month finally. Seriously, finally. What an ordeal.

Haven't been able to work on my truck, not happy about that, but the next stage is going to require a complete strip down and that's best done after moving. Hopefully I'll have room on the other side to get that started. I'd still very much like it as a daily driver, but I plan on making it a secure one too.

Won't be able to drive it all the way out there. Just not in the cards.

Plan on posting more then, right now I just don't have any time to be on the net much let alone work on my truck. Even missed the Absaroka State Takeover car show this year, but in my defense he did move it up a month, lol.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some fresh parts for it after this move, I'm a bit sick of fixing old stuff, ha.

I'm aiming to the area a bit above Seattle, the Shoreline/Mountain Lake Terrace area hopefully. Should be there by mid-October.

Have a good one everybody

Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Good to hear from you. Stay safe.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good ta hear from ya. Just a little farther north
Would put ya at my place in south east Alaska.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
So the email notification thing didn't work, whoops.

Figured I'd drop a line for a quick update.

I'm still currently in Sheridan, right now it's -20 degrees. My free time is pretty much shot at the moment so I haven't had anything to post or much time to spend on forums. I'm waiting till the move to do the main build on my truck since I have to start from the frame up. I might, and it's a VERY big might, try to do a bit in the mean time, but I can't get too involved if nothing else for a lack of time. Right now it drives and is in one piece, it's a lot easier to move that, especially since things like axle swaps are on my to do list.

I recon it will probably be something like July till I'm in the Seattle area. I was able to scout it out back in October for a couple days and there simply is no place better for me. Been one thing after another holding things up, but it's about that time now. One way or another I should be out there this year.

Able to get out from a few things and nothing short of God's help things have been going much better. Able to get some work in and deal with the medical bills.

Just haven't had anything to post or any real time to do so, thus my absents. I think I got a call from a member today but the line showed no number and he hung up before I was able to ask who it was, lol. (this is the only real place I've mentioned moving to Seattle and Texas). Thus perhaps an update is in order, appreciate the concern.

Things are going a lot better. And thanks again underthebridgejim

Hopefully I'll be back on here sooner rather than later, but my truck is at a bit of a stand still with what I can do with it at the moment. Maybe maybe maybe if I can get a good deal on some of the parts I need and have a large enough window I can swap something in, but like I said, it drives now, even if not so well. That's a lot easier to move than parts.

Have a good one!

Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Thanks for the update, Steve. I am glad you are hanging in there. I pray that things go well for you so you can make that move!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay warm, brother!

Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
You'll have to come visit the islands a little farther north. Happy to show you around. BTW, I grew up in Shoreline. It was called Richmond Beach back then, but was never incorporated. At the Richmond Beach State Park, on the point just over the bridge, they burned old worn out sailing ships for many years. There were still 25 or 30 huge keels radiating out from the point when I was a boy. At low tide you can scrounge big ol' iron spikes and bolts in the sand. They are iron, not steel. You can clearly see the 'grain' in the rusty metal. Anyhow, thought the blacksmith in you would like that. I have always wanted a front door handle from a RB ship. I have lots of truck parts to trade. Glad to see you and Abby back on the screen!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 PM
ford_pickup
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, awesome truck, if you do move to Austin, Tx let us know, I could show you around

Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Man, been over a year since I've posted here?

I'm now in the Seattle area, loving it. Spent all winter exploring on a motorcycle. Or at least what they complain about being winter here, lol.

My truck is still in Wyoming with my brother, I'll be picking it up in a couple months and then finally, finally, freaking finally, building it up properly.

Till then I will probably still be a bit absent on here.

Looking into how to get it from there to here. No, I won't be driving it... it's dangerous and leaky and 1000 miles isn't happening. If nothing else I have my Mustang as well to bring over. Problem is the location, even getting regular movers to go to that town was a nightmare, and the only people we could find to do it where extremely dishonest and nasty people who did a lot of damage. Anyone know of a good way to do it? If the company hires out I want to know the people before hand, I've come to greatly distrust when they hire out. (The guy who moved us was hired out by a company and fled the country afterwards, I kid you not.)

So yep.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great to hear from you. We still talk about Abby here
from time to time. I like the Seattle area as well. Will
be down that way this summer. Hope you have Abby
home by then

Old 05-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Johnnynobody
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Stephen,
I live and work in the Seattle Area, My shop is in Lynnwood. I can probably help you figure this out as I have some really good contacts for Carriers nation wide. I know of these people personally and have had a lot of vehicles shipped. PM me and we can chat further. J

Old 05-08-2015, 05:18 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Great to see you're somewhere you want to be.

I love the Seattle area. Great hiking and camping, great food, and great people. It's one of my favorite places in the country.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:51 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Welcome back, Steve! Good to hear from you. I am glad you got settled and enjoy the area.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:07 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Yeah, we didn't really even get a 'winter' here this year. Welcome to the great state of Washington! 3 of my 4 kids live in Seattle so I get down there. Maybe I can contact you on one of my trips. I had great luck with a family owned business out of Montana called 'Western Sky Haulers'. I had been VERY frustrated by all the slick brokers promising deliveries and never coming through. They serve all the Western States and pick up and delivery was exactly on schedule. Add to this, the truck didn't run or steer and had a temporary rear axle under it so it would sort of roll.

Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Thanks, good to be back. And man is Seattle beautiful.

I've contacted Western Sky Haulers, looks like they might be a really good way to go. Family owned, well rated, and on the path between Wyoming and Washington. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't like brokers, that last move was by far the worst one I've ever had and I've done it fifteen times. I'm officially ruined on any broker system, lol.

Feel free to say hello if you're ever in the area.

Quick Reply: 1956 F600 build thread "Abby"