Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys

I turned on the email notification for when I get a PM so I'll be better at that. Still just got a lot to do to say the least, but it's getting done.

In the process of moving, had to finish a few things. Wasn't optional unfortunately. Should be on the road this month finally. Seriously, finally. What an ordeal.

Haven't been able to work on my truck, not happy about that, but the next stage is going to require a complete strip down and that's best done after moving. Hopefully I'll have room on the other side to get that started. I'd still very much like it as a daily driver, but I plan on making it a secure one too.

Won't be able to drive it all the way out there. Just not in the cards.

Plan on posting more then, right now I just don't have any time to be on the net much let alone work on my truck. Even missed the Absaroka State Takeover car show this year, but in my defense he did move it up a month, lol.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some fresh parts for it after this move, I'm a bit sick of fixing old stuff, ha.

I'm aiming to the area a bit above Seattle, the Shoreline/Mountain Lake Terrace area hopefully. Should be there by mid-October.

Have a good one everybody

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Good to hear from you. Stay safe.
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a whle.

So, how is this PC stuff working out for you, America?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Good ta hear from ya. Just a little farther north
Would put ya at my place in south east Alaska.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
So the email notification thing didn't work, whoops.

Figured I'd drop a line for a quick update.

I'm still currently in Sheridan, right now it's -20 degrees. My free time is pretty much shot at the moment so I haven't had anything to post or much time to spend on forums. I'm waiting till the move to do the main build on my truck since I have to start from the frame up. I might, and it's a VERY big might, try to do a bit in the mean time, but I can't get too involved if nothing else for a lack of time. Right now it drives and is in one piece, it's a lot easier to move that, especially since things like axle swaps are on my to do list.

I recon it will probably be something like July till I'm in the Seattle area. I was able to scout it out back in October for a couple days and there simply is no place better for me. Been one thing after another holding things up, but it's about that time now. One way or another I should be out there this year.

Able to get out from a few things and nothing short of God's help things have been going much better. Able to get some work in and deal with the medical bills.

Just haven't had anything to post or any real time to do so, thus my absents. I think I got a call from a member today but the line showed no number and he hung up before I was able to ask who it was, lol. (this is the only real place I've mentioned moving to Seattle and Texas). Thus perhaps an update is in order, appreciate the concern.

Things are going a lot better. And thanks again underthebridgejim

Hopefully I'll be back on here sooner rather than later, but my truck is at a bit of a stand still with what I can do with it at the moment. Maybe maybe maybe if I can get a good deal on some of the parts I need and have a large enough window I can swap something in, but like I said, it drives now, even if not so well. That's a lot easier to move than parts.

Have a good one!

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Postmaster

abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the update, Steve. I am glad you are hanging in there. I pray that things go well for you so you can make that move!

abe
FTE member since March '98
1954 F-100, bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Posting Guru

The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.
Stay warm, brother!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Posting Guru

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
You'll have to come visit the islands a little farther north. Happy to show you around. BTW, I grew up in Shoreline. It was called Richmond Beach back then, but was never incorporated. At the Richmond Beach State Park, on the point just over the bridge, they burned old worn out sailing ships for many years. There were still 25 or 30 huge keels radiating out from the point when I was a boy. At low tide you can scrounge big ol' iron spikes and bolts in the sand. They are iron, not steel. You can clearly see the 'grain' in the rusty metal. Anyhow, thought the blacksmith in you would like that. I have always wanted a front door handle from a RB ship. I have lots of truck parts to trade. Glad to see you and Abby back on the screen!
'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks