Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Freshman User

scottmeiners is starting off with a positive reputation.
scottmeiners
Blend Door Replacement

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing their blend door actuator. It sounded like mine broke this morning. I was switching from warm to cold, heard something break and fall, then a clicking sound. At first it did actually switch to cold but after I went back and forth it got stuck on hot. Not sure if I need to take it to the dealer or if I can fix it myself. I have an extended warranty, but with a 200 deductible.

Thanks in advance!!

Scott
Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Senior User

Jay is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's a blend door?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
Its the door in the HVAC system that switches between hot and cold. It is at the shop now, the door is warped and the motor is broke. They had to take out the dash and are replace the door. The have to order parts, hopefully it will be fixed on Monday. Glad I have the extended warranty, bummer it has a 200 deductible though
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmeiners View Post
Its the door in the HVAC system that switches between hot and cold. It is at the shop now, the door is warped and the motor is broke. They had to take out the dash and are replace the door. The have to order parts, hopefully it will be fixed on Monday. Glad I have the extended warranty, bummer it has a 200 deductible though
I havent done it on the 09 but had it done on the 97 expedition. For the 97s there is a kit that allows you to do the fix through the glovebox vs tearing off the whole dash.
I dont know if they have a similar kit for the new generation of expeds.
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
Mine is still at the dealer, dropped it of last Wednesday evening for a Thursday morning appointment. They had to order some sort of "Box" that I guess hold the blend door. I guess Today they finally got around to looking at, they pulled the dash then discovered that the part they order was broke in shipping. Now it "might" be done on Friday since they need to re-order the part. Luckily they gave me a loaner car, but we are are going camping this weekend and it is my tow vehicle. They did tell me they would get me something to tow my camper with if it is not fixed on Friday. It also would not be that bad if my wife did not need the third row seats for school carpool. Oh Well. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. On the plus side, the impala loaner they gave me gets better gas mileage than the expy, so I guess I am saving a little cash.

Scott
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Junior User

st381 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you get the billed statement, can you let us know how much the dealer charged for the repair. I think mine needs to be replaced as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
I'll let you know when I get it back. As of noon on Friday the part was not in yet. They had the dash apart and there were pieces all over the place. Fortunately the dealer swapped out my rental impala for an F250 from enterprise so I could go camping this weekend. The rental car fee's them self are going to kill the dealer. Thursday morning will be the 2 week mark. BTW, the F250 with the 6.7 turbo diesel rental that I have seemed faster with my camper attached then my expedition without the camper. Its an awesome motor/truck combo.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
The saga continues... Just heard from the dealer. I guess the part they had in stock was broke, then they ordered a part from ford. Apparently the part has changed and the one that they received from ford was not the same. Ford told them they are out of stock on the one that they need and they will not have the correct part until about OCTOBER 5TH :-(. They said that they have put in an "emergency" order with ford to see if they can find the part. So, who knows when I will ever get my car back. I guess I am kind of glad that I took it to the dealer instead of a local shop since they cannot get the part. They are racking up quite a hefty rental car bill, up to two weeks now. I was trying to look up the part on line to see if I could find it myself but not really having any luck locating a heater box for an expedition.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Senior User

Biscayne is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did not have to have the blend door replaced but the gearing on the blend door gear module (plastic) broke and the replacement (labor and parts) cost was $350. I had mine replace last year. Funny my 2004 had a blend door motor replacement for the rear A/C and it was about the same. It seems Ford might have an issue with quality on this part.

2000 F-350 4WD CCSB, PHP 6 pos, 6637 intake, hutch/harpoon mod.
Mama's 2009 Expedition EL 4WD
2002 F-250 4WD Extended Cab --sold
2001 F-250 Crew Cab 2WD -- sold
2001 F-250 4WD Extended Cab--Sold
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Junior User

evilwunn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had mine replaced this morning at the dealership. I was in and out of there in less than 2 1/2 hours.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
I am guessing that they just replaced the actuator motor, not the entire box. You can replace the actuator by removing the radio and glove box. To get the heater box out, the entire dash needs to be removed.

Mine is still at the shop and the part is on back order till October 8th. it will be interesting to see if the dealer lets me keep the rental truck that I have till then. Hopefully they can find the part sooner than that.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Junior User

evilwunn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmeiners View Post
I am guessing that they just replaced the actuator motor, not the entire box. You can replace the actuator by removing the radio and glove box. To get the heater box out, the entire dash needs to be removed.

Mine is still at the shop and the part is on back order till October 8th. it will be interesting to see if the dealer lets me keep the rental truck that I have till then. Hopefully they can find the part sooner than that.

Yes that sounds about like what they did, it's not making any noises any more (knock on wood). Hopefully I won't have any more issues with it.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Freshman User

scottmeiners
I finally got it back, much sooner that I was expecting. Total was 1300ish which included 2 days worth of rental car at 160. 840 labor and 300 parts. It all seems to work good now. luckily had an extended warranty so it only cost me 217. The warranty did not cover Freon for some reason.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
blend door