Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2012, 06:28 AM
2011 Ford F-150

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Interesting article on Ford's new Transit Van

Spied: All-New Rear-Drive Transit on Course to Replace E-Series - PickupTrucks.com News

The van will reportedly come with the 3.5L Ecoboost or a turbo diesel. The article fails to give any details on the diesel.

Anyone have any insight or other knowledge of this well kept secret?
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
Sorry, I know nothing, but the article was more interesting than I thought it might be -- as were some of the comments.

Two areas commented on were especially interesting
- several mentions of small tires .
- one fellow claimed that Dodge's Euro (Mercedes) influenced Sprinter tanked their van sales. Hope that it's just a mopar thing.

Also, I spotted the dreaded 'Design Language' term. I've always thought of it as a vague fluff term used by the Cool People to show that they're cool.

hj
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford2go View Post
Two areas commented on were especially interesting
- several mentions of small tires .
- one fellow claimed that Dodge's Euro (Mercedes) influenced Sprinter tanked their van sales. Hope that it's just a mopar thing.
Large wheels are fashion statement and these are strictly work vehicles. Smaller diameter tires mean smaller wheelhousings = more interior space and footroom for the driver.

The Sprinter was a lot more expensive than the Ram Van. If Ford prices the Transit similarly high compared to the Econoline the same thing will happen. GM's Express/Savanna will take most of the market share. US assembly and a gasoline engine as standard will hopefully keep the price in line.

Now that Fiat owns Chrysler, I would expect a Fiat-based Ram Van as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
Anyone have any insight or other knowledge of this well kept secret?
Not that much of a secret. The van in the photo is a preproduction, not full production spec, model built in Dearborn. Kansas City assembly is completing a massive retool to start building these. Production prototype builds start next spring.

'02 F250 7.3 Auto Extended Cab Long Box 200+k Miles No Mods
Old 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
2011 Ford F-150

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomabb View Post
Not that much of a secret. The van in the photo is a preproduction, not full production spec, model built in Dearborn. Kansas City assembly is completing a massive retool to start building these. Production prototype builds start next spring.

I was referring to which diesel engine will be used as the article didn't say.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
I was referring to which diesel engine will be used as the article didn't say.
I heard they are looking at several options including the 3.2 liter 5 cylinder diesel they sell in the Ranger overseas. I really am hoping for that one. I'd like to see it offered in the F150 in the future.

'02 F250 7.3 Auto Extended Cab Long Box 200+k Miles No Mods
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Site Administrator
1989 Swift DB4

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Perfect in town car...to haul bicycles
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit